Post Thanks / Like

Am I wrong for doing this when Drying?

I have found out that if I use one of my 70/30 microfiber towles to dry my car off it does an better job than the Meg`s water magnet . I bought these a long time ago when my local sams had a 18 pack for like 9 bucks. I let some other people try these before I got them because it was to good to be true. But they dont scratch cd`s and they are really suck up the water. Is this bad? one reason I like them better than the big meg`s is because I can wipe down a panel and then ring out it out and its like its dry and new. My other towels are better quality and more plush and those are what I use to remove my polish..

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I wrong for doing this when Drying?

If they do the job without marring the paint, where you bought them shouldn`t make any difference.
    Sounds like you are happy with the way they work and I`m sure you have checked for damage to your paint.
    I`d say go for it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

i guess they are not marring the paint. Its hard for me to tell because I need to poilish all the swirls. I just have been putting it off because the paint is still so wet looking. Its not dull or anything.
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

if it doesn`t do any harm, dry how you feel comfortabl. there is no right or wrong way unless it is doing damage.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ones from Sams also for drying, and have never seen a problem. I just picked up another pack yesterday because like you l let others give them a try. They`re great for drying, but I don`t care to remove products with them. After getting a few of the MF that Poorboys sales and using them to remove polish and LSP the ones from Sams became drying towels only. There is a big diffrence in the quality of the two, but for $9.00 they are great drying towels.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think the difference you have noticed in removing products with a quality towel would be something you would also notice if you try a quality waffle weave drying towel.
    I`m not knocking the Sam`s or Costco towels because I have never used them, but a quality WW is a totally different experience.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    I really think the difference you have noticed in removing products with a quality towel would be something you would also notice if you try a quality waffle weave drying towel.
    I`m not knocking the Sam`s or Costco towels because I have never used them, but a quality WW is a totally different experience.

Charles
    I have the MF from Costco think they are made by Detailers Supply or somehting like that.
    I use them for removing polish, wax, glaze, cleaning windows pretty much evrything,. but do not find they work any where near as good for drying as the WW do.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    I have found out that if I use one of my 70/30 microfiber towles to dry my car off it does an better job than the Meg`s water magnet . I bought these a long time ago when my local sams had a 18 pack for like 9 bucks. I let some other people try these before I got them because it was to good to be true. But they dont scratch cd`s and they are really suck up the water. Is this bad? one reason I like them better than the big meg`s is because I can wipe down a panel and then ring out it out and its like its dry and new. My other towels are better quality and more plush and those are what I use to remove my polish..

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it work for you, then stick with it!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW

Charles
    let see I have tried the big blue ww from pak shak and hated it. The big blues ones from winner circles ( not thick and too big) but the last meg`s ones yellow with black silk edges does pretty good but I like to sweeze them out them out and its hard to.
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Guzzler from Autogeek. This thing is amazing and huge. When I use the water magnets, I use one to pick up most of the water and another to follow up on any spots that didn`t get absorbed. And I wring out the first one when necessary. Regular MFs don`t compare at all close to WWs in my finidings, IMO.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    let see I have tried the big blue ww from pak shak and hated it. The big blues ones from winner circles ( not thick and too big) but the last meg`s ones yellow with black silk edges does pretty good but I like to sweeze them out them out and its hard to.
    You seem to have tried some pretty good waffle weaves without being too impressed.
    What you are doing seems to be working for you so I wouldn`t change a thing.
    That`s another nice thing about car care. Lots of different products and lots of different procedures to get pretty much the same results.

Charles

Thread Information