Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help w/Poorboys SSRs

I decided to go w/the Poorboys line to really get into detailing. I`ve only used OTC products and my car`s paint is pretty good right now but I do have some very fine scratches that are apparently only visible to my eye and not other people. Before I order I need some help w/SSR2.5 vs SSR2.0. Can I use SSR2.5 once a month on my car or will that be too much for the paint? I wash and wax my car every week but I also want to polish once a month.
    This is what I plan on buying and the steps I will be doing:
    SSR2.5 or 2.0? w/PC
    SSR1 w/PC
    EX-P w/PC
    Natty`s Blue by hand
    I might replace the EX-P w/UPP since I`ve heard lots of good things about UPP but I don`t know if it`s really worth the extra $$$.
    Here`s a pic of my car.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help w/Poorboys SSRs

Some don`t agree with me, but I say polish as little as possible. If you really want to polish by machine once/mo, only use SSR1. 2.5 is more abrasive and for fixing defects.
    Other than that, the process is good.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Help w/Poorboys SSRs

I would go with the Brenton on this one - only use the SSR 2.5 when & where it is needed. With proper washing / drying techniques, you should not need to polish it with 2.5 every month :no:
    That`s a real pretty red - looking nice
    Don`t it always seem to go, you don`t know what you`ve got til it`s gone?
    WAC
    06/04/40 ~ 07/16/07

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree too...unless you have or inducing a lot of swirls on a regular basis, I`d either go with SSR! or PwC blue for your color & car.
    Use only polishing pads with the pc too, again unless there are some nasty swirls or scratches.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing that I will say is use the least agressive polixh first. If the marring is as fine as you say the SSR 1 will most likely do it. you can also experiment with different pads to get what you want done.

I know I polish often. Four times a year. I think that once a month just mite be a little excessive. Especially if you are using an abrassive polish as SSR2.5.

I buy all kinds of different sealants and experiment with the products. If money is not a consideration go ahead and try whatever product that you want. EX-P is a good sealant tha if topped with Natty`s you will be hard pressed to find better a combination.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any swirls on my car I`ve taken real good care of the paint w/OTC products so I think I will go w/something less aggresive like SSR1. Is PwC the polish w/carnuba? I really appreciate all you guys helping me out I would hate to mess up my paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang
    I don`t have any swirls on my car I`ve taken real good care of the paint w/OTC products so I think I will go w/something less aggresive like SSR1. Is PwC the polish w/carnuba? I really appreciate all you guys helping me out I would hate to mess up my paint.
    I`ve used PB line up for the pass few years now...like suggested start with the SSR1 then to the P-w-C that`s the polish with carnauba...then a sealant if you like and on to the paste wax....for me I skip the sealant on my cars they are garage queens and I`m also playing around with the finish on my cars......one last thing that I would suggest that you have not talked about is clay that would be while washing the car or right after that....will really help to setup the paint for the SSR1 and the rest...IMO
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    I`ve used PB line up for the pass few years now...like suggested start with the SSR1 then to the P-w-C that`s the polish with carnauba...then a sealant if you like and on to the paste wax....for me I skip the sealant on my cars they are garage queens and I`m also playing around with the finish on my cars......one last thing that I would suggest that you have not talked about is clay that would be while washing the car or right after that....will really help to setup the paint for the SSR1 and the rest...IMO
    That`s right I had totally forgotten about the clay thanks for reminding me. I will stick w/using the SSR1 first and see how that works, I think it should take care of the fine scratches on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang
    That`s right I had totally forgotten about the clay thanks for reminding me. I will stick w/using the SSR1 first and see how that works, I think it should take care of the fine scratches on it.
    IMO you can skip the SSR 1 and go with the polish w/carnuba or you can use the PWS.

If you use the SSR 1, I think you might be able to skip the PWC whatta say Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    I agree too...unless you have or inducing a lot of swirls on a regular basis, I`d either go with SSR! or PwC blue for your color & car.
    Use only polishing pads with the pc too, again unless there are some nasty swirls or scratches.
    Are you saying it fine to use PwC once a month before waxing?
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

On my cars which have very little swirls I do SSR1 about twice a year...then P-w-C I do about every four to six weeks or so...and top that in between with Nattys paste wax and that`s about every two to three weeks....I find that P-w-C has a cleaning effect on the car so that keeps the crud off the surface....then twice a year I start from scratch
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    Are you saying it fine to use PwC once a month before waxing?
    Yes, you can do it as often as you like..it will remove the dead wax and prepare the surface to top with a wax. PwC would be very hard to build up on a surface unless it was applied like a wax. If buffed on and off, it will clean and leave a little protection...that`s why we give 4 options for use on the label as it it a diverse product.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Thanks.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

What pad would you guys suggest using with the SSR1. The pads i am refering to are the LakeCounty 6.5 Pads that Autogeek sells? I was thinking of the orange pad?

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

A polishing pad (white) would be your best bet to follow up after another polish. This will clean the surface up real nice. When you get into the orange pads, the pads could or are inducing swirls into the paint making the SSR1 seem like it did nothing.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information