Post Thanks / Like

What to follow SSR2.5 with? (pics)

I plan on using SSR2.5 with an orange light cut pad on my PC. Should I go straight to a sealant or wax or SSR1?

Here`s a link to some pics. I could not upload them here b/c the files were larger than 1.0kb. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsgt520/album?.dir=/b0d4

I just clayed it and used an orange pad with Meg #80. But I think it needs something to dig in a bit more. There`s still some scratches and lines. The previous owner never detailed it. Just routine washes. Its a 2003.

I`m thinking it will come out like glass with the right combo. I would appreciate your advice guys. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to follow SSR2.5 with? (pics)

That depends on what it looks like after you get done with it, you will probably have to go over it with a polishing pad, but you can determine what to use after you get done with the lite cut pad. Some people have been able to go to a LSP right after SSR2.5, and others will go over it again with SSR1 with a polishing pad

HTH

Happy Holidays
    "J"

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

with GM paint multiple passes with the orange pad may be needed and then I would use a white polishing pad , maybe a couple passes before moving to SSR1 on a finishing pad...remember black shows more imperfections , so more time removing them is needed to get the best look. Don`t put a LSP on until you are totally satisfied with the polishing work
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot guys. I just ordered up a bunch of PB stuff and will keep you posted. I will put emphasis on the SSR2.5 stage- like you said, this is where your results come from. Everything else makes it look pretty.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

btw Steve I just spent 10 hours removing transport damage on a Mitsu Outlander, black. The paint looked really faded after a huge treatment with 2.5 and a wool pad. I hit it with a light cut and SSR1 (my first time) and the paint bounced right back beautifully. I didn`t have to follow with a lighter polish or ligther pad in my case.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

I found that following up with PwC and Natty`s blue (both have carnuba) worked best for my blck car. The shine is deep even when its dirty and alot less spotting from moisture.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    btw Steve I just spent 10 hours removing transport damage on a Mitsu Outlander, black. The paint looked really faded after a huge treatment with 2.5 and a wool pad. I hit it with a light cut and SSR1 (my first time) and the paint bounced right back beautifully. I didn`t have to follow with a lighter polish or ligther pad in my case.

The results you get obviously show off you abilities...products are a piece of the puzzle, but using them to their fullest ability usually comes from practice and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    I found that following up with PwC and Natty`s blue (both have carnuba) worked best for my blck car. The shine is deep even when its dirty and alot less spotting from moisture.
    That`s a good combo, one that Natty and I prefer on our own cars, but it`s a subjective view and everyone has their own taste in depth, gloss, reflection, etc. Natty`s defintely helps to prevent water spotting whether it`s blue or white
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information