Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys PwS beta review

Packing Info

receive in a small 4 oz bottle for testing from steve. Thanks Steve.

FK1 Description

PwS is supposed to be very similar to PwC but with a sealant for added protection. It is scheduled for release this next spring.

Color/Scent

The color is orange and wouldnt you know it that it smells like the most delicious orange!

How i used it

I first applied and buffed into a panel with a finishing pad @1200 rpm`s but didnt see that it did enough correction to the panel to use over the whole truck. I pumped up and used a polishing pad, again not a big difference. I didnt jump up to a light cut pad becuase I thought it might compromise how clean the polish would finish. I then did a side by side with the PwS by hand and then by rotary. They yeilded the same high gloss DEEP shine so I did the entire truck (my dads) by hand. As I stated it left a nice deep shine and had slickness too. I topped it with pink wax as it is winter here in MN and we need some serious protection from the salt. I would have done stand alone but the winter wont allow it!

Thoughts

Steve has another winner on his hands. I will not be buying klasse AIO anymore. This is KAIO replacement hands down. It left a nice glossy deep slick shine on the truck and was perfect for topping. I cant wait until it comes out.

Questions/Comments

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys PwS beta review

Thanks for the review Greg. I too got some from Steve and can`t wait to try it out!
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

on a similar thread i asked if we needed to wait for the sealant to cure ? & if the PwS work better than SSR 2.5 or Optimum to polish away swirls ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset
    on a similar thread i asked if we needed to wait for the sealant to cure ? & if the PwS work better than SSR 2.5 or Optimum to polish away swirls ?
    PwS has `little if any` defect correction abilities. Also, I don`t think there needs to be a cure time if it is like PwC, I top it all the time right after with no issues...
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with Budman. I conned Steve out of a gallon after first hearing about it, and have used most of that. IMO it`s not going to fix anything. I use it on finishes that are already good and it`s definately become my favorite one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Great input GregCavi.
    sounds like a winner let me throw this out if I say use ex and then repolish say once a month with the new product with sealant when should I expect to have to reseal with just ex?.
    Bearing in mind the usual suspects weather etc.

Regards.
    Jay.

Post Thanks / Like

i used the PWS on my 71 olds which has some marring and found that the polish had no correction abilities , it does have good cleaning abilities.great slickness and shine, and if you think it looks nice as a stand alone product hit once or twice with some S & G for that extra pop. i like the fact thier is no chemical odor the dreamsicle orange aroma makes it a pleasure to be behind when polishing, .IMO PWS would be better served on newer vehicles were the paint is in good condition.PWS would make good maintenance polish for people who polish bi weekly. Feel free to add to or correct my review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Eddie
    I`m with Budman. I conned Steve out of a gallon after first hearing about it, and have used most of that. IMO it`s not going to fix anything. I use it on finishes that are already good and it`s definately become my favorite one step.
    you conned him out of a gallon? PM me for the tutorial of that!! But seriously any idea on durability?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    you conned him out of a gallon? PM me for the tutorial of that!! But seriously any idea on durability?

Greg
    I`m a commercial guy who details almost everyday, and to be honest I`ve used it on customer`s vehicles, and not my own. I do a Black Yukon, and a Red F350 Diesel though at least every 6 weeks (as well as wash them weekly), and can tell you that they`ve both had at least 3 applications of PWS. Water sheets off of those trucks like crazy!! We also hit the windows with PWS on a PC and that works well also.

The only formula in "conning" Steve out of gallons of test products is to spend large sums of cash all year long on his chemicals, and when a new one comes along that you really like, whine like hell that he`s not taking care of you. :emlaugh:

Post Thanks / Like

haha. So it has some good durability

Greg

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

as I said on another thread...durability will increase if allowed to cure for 2-3 days without getting wet or washed
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information