Thread: Just bought...

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought...

Hey guys, I just bought 2 products....first I brought KIT carnuba was and wax... I wanted to see how this wash would do?

Anyone used it, opinions please...

I also bought zymbol cleaner wax... "superior mirror finish repairs swirl marks and minor scratches. I also wanted to see how well this removed swirl marks cause I have minor swirls.

Thanks for the replys everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just bought...

I think the Zymol cleaner wax will more or less "fill in" some of the swirling temporarily. It is highly improbable (although not impossible) that you will be very effective at removing swirling by hand.

As for the wash, I have never used it.

HTH.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

opinions please...
    KIT carnuba was and wax
    Though I`m not currently using this wash, I`ve used many gallons in the past. IMO buy it by the gallon and you have a very nice inexpensive OTC wash product. Decent sudsing, good cleaning, free rinsing, average lubricity.

zymbol cleaner wax
    I still got a bottle and pull it out during the Summer for my Daughter`s white Civic. IMO a very average product even among cleaner/wax type products. My experience shows it is not much of a "cleaner" and durability is pretty weak @ 3-4 weeks. As I mentioned I used it in the past on my Daughter`s car. It actually looks pretty decent on her white Honda paint. It goes on and comes off easily enough, and has a really nice scent (for those who care about product smells). Tight beading nor slickness are strong suits for this product even when new. If that is how you judge the protecting quality of an LSP, then this probably isnt` a great choice.
    It probably isn`t a great choice of products, but it will do the job since you`ve already purchased it.

After all, the only opinion that really matters for these types of questions is yours...or that of your wife/gf/mother/father.......................... :smile (kudos for whomever made this one available)

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Though My experience shows it is not much of a "cleaner" and durability is pretty weak @ 3-4 weeks. As I mentioned I used it in the past on my Daughter`s car. It actually looks pretty decent on her white Honda paint. It goes on and comes off easily enough, and has a really nice scent (for those who care about product smells). Tight beading nor slickness are strong suits for this product even when new. If that is how you judge the protecting quality of an LSP, then this probably isnt` a great choice.
    It probably isn`t a great choice of products, but it will do the job since you`ve already purchased it.
    I have used the Zymol cleaner wax as well and found it to be a very average product. Definitely not any better than Meguiar`s or Mother`s cleaner wax or other OTC brands. I was not impressed with its cleaning abilities, the shine it left, the ease of use, or its durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the honest opinions, I think that the kit wash will work for me!!

Ill try out the zymbol wax, I need a buffer to apply it with though

Also do you guys do anything different for buffing around the windows and stuff so it doesnt "spray" anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
    Also do you guys do anything different for buffing around the windows and stuff so it doesnt "spray" anywhere?
    You can tape off the area you don`t want splattered.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If your pad isn`t loaded up too much, it shouldn`t spray too badly. Otherwise, you might want to try taping up the trim and placing a towel over the glass as you work those areas.
    I don`t think a buffer will help too much with the Zymol, unless you need it to apply a thin coat, or just want to really work it in. In my experience with it (years ago, so I may be a little off here) it won`t polish too much. I think it`s more of a maintenance thing. Once you have your car in nice shape, you can use this every few weeks and keep it up that way. It definitely didn`t seem to be a restorative product to me.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will just apply it by hand when I wash my car this weekend and see how it works out....

Wish me luck hopefully soon I can get a pc buffer and some ssr`s to remove these light swirls!!!!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will just apply it by hand when I wash my car this weekend and see how it works out....
    Good plan It should work out just fine. I always applied it by hand. It is an easy product to work with. Even if applied a little heavily, it comes off easily (should I assume you have some MF towels for removal?) You may want to watch your application around black trim pieces as I don`t recall if it stains trim or not. :ermm:

It is far better to pull the trigger buy a product and use it, decide if you like it or not and move on or stand pat, than to sit around posting on a forum asking for opinions and never making a decision. You probably won`t go too far wrong anyway.

Wish me luck hopefully soon I can get a pc buffer and some ssr`s to remove these light swirls!!!!
    Good luck, the buffer and SMRs will be a nice addition to your kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the good post everyone!!!!

Ill try to get some pictures if I end up doing it on Saturday....however I have to work in the morning so im not sure yet.

Thread Information