Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m taking the plunge - Zaino is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    I apologize to any Z users I may have offended in my earlier rant. I did not intend to hijack mgm2003`s thread and I did enjoy hearing his reasoning and observations after choosing Zaino.

For what its worth, I do find the Zaino vs. FK1 comparisons very informative.
    You know what I find....is that it takes a good man to apologize for anything. Whether it was needed or not is not the point. You get a thumbs up from me for doing a decent thing.

As far as this thread is concerned I find it very informative to get information from varied members on their experiences. It is all about information, preparation, techniques, process, and products. The discussions that follow should be tempered with the users experience with the product or the comments of the users of the products. Something that I try never to do is make a comment on products that I have no experience in . Unless it is to ask a question on prep, process, techniques, or products.

The last thing that I want to make a comment on is the fact that in all practicallity I am looking for a sealant that will last six months. Because of the fact that I am gone from home for at least that long. My wife has no interest in maintaining a vehicle. She just wants protection during our separation. Have used Zaino during my separation from home and family. It did provide protection for her vehicle. This vehicle was garaged daily. It was also driven less than four thousand miles. But it was driven everyday.

So I have not used FKl for that long. But I have used Zaino for that long. A bird in the hand is worth 47 in the bush. At this moment Zaino is my bird in hand. Proven thru empirical tests of actual use. Do I think that Zaino is the best? NO, but I have found none better.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

p.s. -Z keeps dust attraction down on black paint better than anything I`ve seen to date.

Z is my new sealer of choice (at least for my rides).

Z8 just adds to the insanity.

Post Thanks / Like

Z-6 does have anti-static properties.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Well it`s been 2 months since I tried Z. I`m a believer. This is a very good product.

I washed the Tahoe last night and applied a fresh coat of Z5(ZFX). It really didn`t need it, but I needed some time in the garage to unwind from a busy week.

Here are a few shots taken this afternoon:

Post Thanks / Like

Looks awesome mgm. The tailgate shots are reflective and wet.

:beer_smil
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Cleanest black Z71 I know of .

Post Thanks / Like

That truck looks awsome you should think about taking off the bages that would look even better ! :beer_smil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    That truck looks awsome you should think about taking off the bages that would look even better ! :beer_smil
    Tell me how (stickers I can do, badges.... I haven`t tried).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Looks awesome mgm. The tailgate shots are reflective and wet.

:beer_smil
    I have to agree you really keep it nice and besides Zaino keeps`em talking lol..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    I have to agree you really keep it nice and besides Zaino keeps`em talking lol..
    LOL -yes, Z seems to cause a stir doesn`t it! I used to be on the `other side of the fence`, but I`m not any more. Z does everything it advertises -so no knocks from me. We just applied a coat of Z5/ZFX to my neighbors MDX and `Holy Sh**` it looks good!

Well, I won`t be driving you guys nuts with Z over the spring/summer (I hope). I still like using EX, WG, UPP, OPT, #218, Natty`s, Liquid Souveran, and many others....

I`ll never settle on one combo (but that`s just me).

Post Thanks / Like

One last set of questions before this thread closes out....

-Are Z users applying both Z5 and Z2Pro? -If so, why? (I own black and silver cars)

-ZFX: I use it, but do you need it if you only apply a coat every week or so? How long does a bottle of mix (with ZFX) last? Is it a MUST HAVE?

-Besides filling, what are the pro`s & con`s of Z2 vs. Z5?

-If you had to pick `1`, would it be Z2 or Z5 (please specify dark or light color paint).

-Thoughts on Z7 wash? I have some, but haven`t used it. I LOVE SS&S <-Can you compare to that?

Thanks guys!

(And no!!!!, I`m not going Z 100% of the time, so don`t think I`ve swallowed the secret pill !!!)

Post Thanks / Like

On the wife`s cool vanilla color I use Z5 to cover swirls that remain after a detail. then follow with Z2Pro to enhance the surface with a terrific shine.

If you had asked this question a year ago I would have said the same thing about my black truck. Now I would say that I prefer to layer the black truck with coats of Z5. In fact the more I apply Z5 on the Black truck the better I like it as a stand alone sealant.

There may be a difference with ZFX applied Z5 versus Z1 and then a layer of Z5. My eye cannot tell a difference. Have been layering Z5 until I ran out last week. Using Z1 as the activator. Have already covered all the layers of Z5, which darken the paint as well as covered minor marrring, with a few layers of ZFX`d Z2Pro. I think that the clearness of the Z2Pro just makes my paint glow from all the layers of Z5. Although my truck is far from being marr free it is the best it has ever looked thanks to Z5 and no thanks to me always messing with it trying to keep it clean. I do more damage QD`ing than any weather elements have done on my daily driver.

As far as Z7 is concerned I can take it or leave it. I use it because it works in conjunction with the whole system. I personally prefer SS&S for my car wash using the foam gun and have been using same since running out of Z7. When I do apply another layer of Zaino after a SS&S wash I just use a Z6 wipedown prior to any layering.

Have not found any sealant that is as slick as the Zaino system but am finding that other systems look very good on a side by side test on my truck.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

After using the Z2Pro several times now, I still cannot say that it looks better than my go to sealants and waxes. It looks excellent, but I think FK 2180 or 1000P has a *little* edge over it in terms of color fidelity. The slickness part goes to Z, but the FKs keep up their original look longer.

I am glad to see that even OTC products can rival Z2Pro. In my experience, the Mothers Reflections has a more balanced overall appearance than Z2. In comparison, the Mothers looks wetter, warmer, while the Zaino is a kinda neutral looking thing. Their beading characteristics are practically the same and I LOVE the particular plus what the Reflections gives to certain colors. The difference is like between the white balance settings `incandescent/fluorescent`. Or natural white light and LED white light.

Ah, and the Reflections line is suprisingly durable.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Bence:

I agree with your FK comments. I`ve used most of the FK line, and think they have an excellent offering.

There are many good choices out there. I don`t think `Z` is the `only` choice after using it -but I do think it`s an excellent product. I can understand how folks get locked into the Z system and don`t look back. I wish I had the willpower to scale back the products that I like (LOL). I have a small chemical company in my garage and basement.

Back to Z and the rest of your post.....

I prefer the look of Z5 (more of a carnuba look) over Z2Pro (very bright-clear), but I`m sure others are opposite. IMO, Z really stands out in the slickness department. I`ve noticed less dust attracted to the paint, and during a pre-wash I think it rinses down significantly cleaner than any other topper that I`ve used.

Mothers Reflections is that good? I`ve heard several people make very positive comments. I might have to pick up a bottle this year and try it out. How does the slickness hold up?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    I prefer the look of Z5 (more of a carnuba look) over Z2Pro (very bright-clear), but I`m sure others are opposite.
    That is an interesting observation. I haven`t paid much attention to the newer Zaino products, but I thought one of the Z2Pro attributes was supposed to be a carnauba look rather than what many people decribe as the plastic look of some of the other Zaino polishes.
    The different opinions sure do keep the detailing hobby from getting boring, don`t they?

Charles

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information