Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m taking the plunge - Zaino is on the way!

cwcad,

I didn`t state that 3 layers of xxx is easier than yyy, did I? I just said that the Z has its limit, because a carnauba stops it. The FK system represents a different philosophy and that`s it. With every system, you can and will increase the WOW-factor with each subsequent layers - and this is the usual practice, especially with Z. With the 2 (or 3) layers of 2180, I just want to ensure complete coverage. Both will be extremely shiny and durable, as they are high quality products. For me, these two brands are just products with certain attributes. No more, but no less. Blue liquid, pink liquid. When I evaluate a crappy quality Ferrari, I don`t understand the myth. Okay, it is fast. Which 400-500 bhp car is not? Just products.

Needless to say, when passion comes in the picture, we all spit shine, layer whatever we have, helping with spray waxes, QDs, spray sealants. Of course! Pink ×3-4-5, Z2Pro ×15-25-75 doesn`t matter.
    But in the everyday practice I want simple things. Licking a fertility test is easy, but do you want a girfriend who is always licking the test strip before making love? (analogy ZFX) Do you really need 6 or more months of durability? Just as theoretical as the Vmax of the Ferrari mentioned above.

We have a blue liquid and a pink liquid. Both is easy to use and will produce envy-inducing shine. It is our worthiness to learn, to see, to differentiate the subtle shades, differences and attributes that they have. Then we can choose for ourselves. And we arrived in the world of personal preferences. I prefer silent and perfect, instead of loud-n-lousy. Lexus for me, Ferrari for the others.

PS: My prep is always perfect. Prep is work, LSPs are passion. And variety is the spice of life.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you HAVE to use ZFX and mix up the sealer? -Not if you plan to prep with ZPC, or something like AIO, FPII and an ISO wipe down, and if you don`t plan to layer. -I`ve prepped with all 3 products and haven`t had any problems.
    Actually ZFX does enhance performance of Z-2 and Z-5 even with a perfect surface and no plans to layer so including ZFX is a good thing. Fortunately a little goes a long way.

Licking a fertility test is easy, but do you want a girfriend who is always licking the test strip before making love? (analogy ZFX) Do you really need 6 or more months of durability? Just as theoretical as the Vmax of the Ferrari mentioned above.
    This implies that ZFX is a pain but it`s very easy. Adding 5 drops of ZFX to a bottle and shaking it for one minute is very easy and worth it for the extra strength and gloss.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    cwcad,

I didn`t state that 3 layers of xxx is easier than yyy, did I?
    First off Bence I did not single you out. I was refering to the post previous to mine. Post #88 Which stated that he was going to use another product becasue ease of use was an issue.

My posts are held in abience to your knowledgeable expertise. One can tell from your avitar that your are not only an expert in detailing but photography as well.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    And also remember if you top Z with a wax you also can not layer anymore Zaino IMO you don`t need to top Z2Pro with anything :chair:
    I`ve topped Z2 Pro with numerous products, just as a test of shine, durablility, depth, etc.

IMO the only topper for Z2 Pro is Z8. Looks the best, bonds the best and it`s made for the system.
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the recent Zaino comments here is exactly why people like me continue to be put off of trying Zaino despite its legendary durability.

There was a good discussion going on (FK1 compared to Zaino) until the Z users start to argue that other products just don`t look as good as Zaino or that other products couldn`t be easier to use than Zaino. Please remember looks are subjective and we all have different application preferences and time constraints . If Billy prefers to top Zaino with a carnauba it is his perrogative. You don`t have to correct him that it`s not a good idea because then he won`t be able to layer more Z2pro on later or that you prefer Zaino`s look to a carnauba.

Nothing is more off-putting than being chastised for poor prep work or not stricly adhering to the entire Z system if you admit your own experiment with Zaino did not quite measure up to your own eyes.

If you have found your holy grail of detailing, then I am glad for you. Just don`t keep :chair: the rest of us for not following exactly in your footsteps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luster
    I`ve topped Z2 Pro with numerous products, just as a test of shine, durablility, depth, etc.

IMO the only topper for Z2 Pro is Z8. Looks the best, bonds the best and it`s made for the system.
    Z8 is what I`m currently using, and I have no complaints.

I like the results that you`re getting (from some of your other posts), so you just saved me some time. -Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I`ve tried a bunch as well including Souveran, Signature, P21S and NXT.

Z users start to argue that other products just don`t look as good as Zaino or that other products may be easier to use.
    Well I`m just reporting my own experience. If you don`t agree then try something else or go your own way. It`s out of experience I make comments, not some blind love of Zaino. I use it simply because it is a well performing product.

Nothing is more off-putting than being chastised for poor prep work or not stricly adhering to the entire Z system if you admit your own experiment with Zaino did not quite measure up to your own eyes.
    No need to make personal attacks here, we are simply sharing our own experience. I would hate to see someone invest in a carnauba topper for Zaino when a bottle of Z-8 would do better in looks and durability.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    I would hate to see someone invest in a carnauba topper for Zaino when a bottle of Z-8 would do better in looks and durability.
    Again, just sharing our experiences. I agree 100%.
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

Lee, with the licking analogy I wanted to say that it is EASY. However it is just like cooking. I love to cook but when I want something ready to eat, I don`t like to spend time.
    I don`t use the little shaker bottle, I use a 20 ml syringe instead. Better dosage and no waste. 10 ml is one complete coat. Impressions are still the same: virtually same appearance; color fidelity 10.0:9.7 to FK1. Initial slickness 10.0:6.0 to Z2Pro. Hardened (not cured!) slickness 10.0:9.85 to FK1 using a 3M (2×2×1 mm weave/nap thickness per side) general MF towel.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Impressions are still the same: virtually same appearance; color fidelity 10.0:9.7 to FK1. Initial slickness 10.0:6.0 to Z2Pro. Hardened (not cured!) slickness 10.0:9.85 to FK1 using a 3M (2×2×1 mm weave/nap thickness per side) general MF towel.
    I think you might find durability with Zaino is impressive. I`m surprised on the slickness number since I know Z-2 Pro to be very slick. I`ll try FK and get back to you.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is turning into a Z vs. FK comparison -I wonder how many people have tried both? I think we`re comparing 2 of the top products in the market. IMO, you can`t go wrong with either one.

Durability: I haven`t used Z long enough to say. FK 218/2180 is a very long lasting sealer -as long as anything I`ve used. I need to apply Z on another car to test durability, because I tinker around with the car/truck too much to tell. I`ve never had something on my paint for several months (and probably never will).

Slickness (after 1 month): Z hands down. I really notice the slickness when I wash. My wash mitt glides over the paint, and never grabs.

Look: Considering that we all have different taste, I can only comment on what is pleasing to my eyes.

I`ve taken a look at our Tahoe with FK on it vs. Z, and I personally think Z wins out on dark paint. On light colors (white, silver), I think FK has more `pop` in the paint. At the end of the day, both look excellent on any color. If I had to pick one or the other, I`d pick Z.

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize to any Z users I may have offended in my earlier rant. I did not intend to hijack mgm2003`s thread and I did enjoy hearing his reasoning and observations after choosing Zaino.

For what its worth, I do find the Zaino vs. FK1 comparisons very informative.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem chml17l. We are all just trying to find the best possible products and the truth behind performance.
    Lee

2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    First off Bence I did not single you out. I was refering to the post previous to mine. Post #88 Which stated that he was going to use another product becasue ease of use was an issue.
    I guess that was me.... I guess I said something wrong, guess i should have replaced `ease of use` with the word price. Either way, controversy was sure to be stired. I`m not stuck on the `ease of use` factor....I`ve been know to plug many hours in the driveway for a simple wash. Anyways to each his own...just wanted a little info on the product....didn`t mean to put down the all mighty Z sorry folks!

2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chml17l
    Some of the recent Zaino comments here is exactly why people like me continue to be put off of trying Zaino despite its legendary durability.

There was a good discussion going on (FK1 compared to Zaino) until the Z users start to argue that other products just don`t look as good as Zaino or that other products couldn`t be easier to use than Zaino. Please remember looks are subjective and we all have different application preferences and time constraints . If Billy prefers to top Zaino with a carnauba it is his perrogative. You don`t have to correct him that it`s not a good idea because then he won`t be able to layer more Z2pro on later or that you prefer Zaino`s look to a carnauba.

If you have found your holy grail of detailing, then I am glad for you. Just don`t keep :chair: the rest of us for not following exactly in your footsteps.
    WORD!!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information