Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m taking the plunge - Zaino is on the way!

Just wondering if you can comment on Z as compared to FK 2180 + 425. I`ve heard from posts on here that they are very similiar in looks, durability and slickness. What`s your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

I am almost positive that whatever one puts over Zaino products will change the looks. There are those that think it is better. There are those that think something else.

The only thing that I do know about topping Zaino, with any product, is the fact that I will not be able to layer Zaino to get the look that I had to begin with. I will have to start again. Which I guess is not bad but it is more work. Which is one of the main complaints why people do not use Zaino in the first place.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Durability is really good with Zaino...Here`s my wife`s car with 3 months of Z-2 Pro and only hand washes. This car sees a lot of wear since she drives it to a barn over gravel and mud several times a week:

Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    Just wondering if you can comment on Z as compared to FK 2180 + 425. I`ve heard from posts on here that they are very similiar in looks, durability and slickness. What`s your experience?
    Im also interested in compareing these 2 anyone have any experience with both?
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Overall Thoughts:

This wax blew my socks off. Yes, it`s a heavy wax and is not well known at all. However, there was a noticeable improvement in wetness, clarity, and overall richness of color (depth). The slickness bumped up a bit as well. Beading with this wax is pretty neat to look at as it`s usually very tightly spaced, large/tall beads. I have used it over a sealant (Zaino) and wax (Natty`s). Both times it went on and off easily and both times it improved the appearance.
    Original thread:
    http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....ughts+pink+wax
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have experience with both.

I am new to Zaino, but based on my limited testing (because it is -15°C outside), they in fact look VERY close. On a deep red color, the FK2180 looks more intensive, and shows the trueness more exactly. The Z2Pro is far slicker initially but there is not that much difference when the FK is hardened. The 425 is very slick initially too, but gains even more in the first two days. In this state the overall slickness is about equal; but slight advantage for FK.

As I stated, this comparison is still incomplete (especially regarding wash characteristics, durability, etc.). I use FK1 products since last summer and I am extremely pleased with them. They have REAL durability, are easy to apply, compatible with each other, layerable and look outstanding for a LONG time.

I got my Z2Pro/ZFX two weeks ago, so my experiences are somewhat limited. Looks like a quality product, but I`ve yet to see The Difference everybody speaking of. I definitely want to do more exhaustive testing in the spring.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info
    Ive been thinking of trying FK2180 this spring
    once you apply 2180 and top with pink wax can you reapply 2180 again?
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. The whole FK1 line is totally interchangeable, fully compatible with each other.

I applied 2180/Pink over 2180/Pink and didn`t see negative effects. Durability was as usual; and this combo can bead through even heavier dirt, like the Collinites. With other products, a healthy layer of dirt/film kills the beading relatively soon.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

I got my Z2Pro/ZFX two weeks ago, so my experiences are somewhat limited. Looks like a quality product, but I`ve yet to see The Difference everybody speaking of.
    You will Bence. It`s an amazing product. You should get Z-6 and Z-8 though for best results. The Z-8 is especially key. Zaino is by far the best sealant I have used.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like

And also remember if you top Z with a wax you also can not layer anymore Zaino IMO you don`t need to top Z2Pro with anything :chair:

Post Thanks / Like

See? The FKs are more forgiving in that aspect because you can cross-layer them; carnauba blend or not. And neither LSPs need the 425 to boost the sealant layer.

I am not necessarily interested in layering. Two or three thin coats for complete coverage and I am satisfied.

As for look, I`ll see in the spring!

Do you think that my car will look significantly better than in my avatar?
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Touche, Bence.

2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bence for the FK info....the Z looks great but i think i`ll go with FK just for the ease of use.....good thread.

Post Thanks / Like

the look for a good surface requires the same amount of work no matter what LSP that you use.

It takes the same amount of work to put three layers of FKl products as it does for Zaino.

Choose any products that you want to use. But do not try to say that FKl is easier to put on three layers than Zaino is. That is just not true. They both look good. The work is the same. If it is the same vehicle, covered the same amount of times= the same amount of work.

Just because one uses special techniques to help the process do not mistake techiques for need. I spit shine carnuabas to make a subtle difference in my detail. That is a technique not a need. The same can be said to the process of using Zaino or FKl. Anyone that has done any detailing knows that a QD is used to help buff off the LSP residue. IT is a common practice. Is it necessary...NO it is not. Does it make it easier? YES, it does.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

cwcad: Very good points. I think there is a myth out there that if you want to use Z, it`s going to take a month of Sundays. That`s just not the case.

Prep is key, but that holds true for everything. I don`t see why folks get hung up on the prep steps with Z?

Do you HAVE to Dawn wash? Probably not if you plan to clay bar the surface, or use a cleaner polish to strip off wax/oils.

Do you HAVE to use ZFX and mix up the sealer? -Not if you plan to prep with ZPC, or something like AIO, FPII and an ISO wipe down, and if you don`t plan to layer. -I`ve prepped with all 3 products and haven`t had any problems.

Do you HAVE to wipe down the finish with Z6 between coats? Nope, but I do to make sure that I`ve removed all of the residue.

Is Z the best invention since sliced bread? Probably not, but it does work as advertised, and IMO it`s a very solid product line up.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information