Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m taking the plunge - Zaino is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    That was pretty much my experience and the durability wasn`t a concern since I never leave my vehicles alone long enough for it to be a factor.
    No question that it is a good product, but so are lots of others.

Charles
    It has some specific qualities that not many other products have, but if people buy products based on looks, ya, lots of products look as good.

Not many look better though

Post Thanks / Like

mgm2003....

I used Z-PC Fusion for the first time today... I must say, I am impressed.

I have a VERY OLD orbital buffer (I think it might be an old Craftsman orbital?)....., not really up to the standards of today`s modern PC`s,

Anyway, the product went on very nicely and really did the job it`s supposed to do.

It removed swirls and minor scratches, just as promised. I had the orbital set on the "medium" setting and spent about 5 minutes on each panel. Quarter size of Z-PC did half the hood. So it didn`t take very much product to do the entire car.

The paint surface was incredibly smooth and slick when finished.

I followed with 2 coats of Z2-Pro, with Z8 between layers and top coat.

I did have one fairly deep scratch. Although Z-PC did not remove the scratch entirely, it did level it out and reduce it`s appearance somewhat.

I am very pleased with the results.. :yes:
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

Try this it works for me wash with Z7, clay, then use PB SSR2.5 mist the car with a 50% water 50% alcohol mix wipe it down then use the Z-PC Sal says you don`t have to wash the car after Z-PC then No more swirls! just a extreamly smoth mirror finish I have a torch red mustang and IMO the Z5 has a warmer look than the Z2P not that I don`t use Z2PRO I curently have over 30 coats of Z5/Z2PRO and the car has a glow to it! Good luck and happy hollidays to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    Try this it works for me wash with Z7, clay, then use PB SSR2.5 mist the car with a 50% water 50% alcohol mix wipe it down then use the Z-PC Sal says you don`t have to wash the car after Z-PC then No more swirls! just a extreamly smoth mirror finish I have a torch red mustang and IMO the Z5 has a warmer look than the Z2P not that I don`t use Z2PRO I curently have over 30 coats of Z5/Z2PRO and the car has a glow to it! Good luck and happy hollidays to all.
    Boys, I`m stoked to get my Z order!

After work, I picked up a 55K BTU heater, and I`m 2.5 hours into polishing out my wife`s black Tahoe Z71. (Note to self: The next daily driver for my wife WILL NOT be black).

I`m going to polish out the paint with IP, FPII and P085RD tonight (1/2 half) and finish on Friday. Hopefully by then, I`ll have my order in hand.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harry444
    ... then use PB SSR2.5 mist the car with a 50% water 50% alcohol mix wipe it down then use the Z-PC...
    I`m curious about the need for the water/IPA wipedown if you are following with another polish? I`m not a Zaino user (yet?), so I`m just wondering...

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand….

-All Z products for your paint are water based.

-Most polishes contain some type of oil.

-We all know that water and oil don’t mix.

-I’m polishing with Menzerna (IP, FPII, P085). When I’m done I plan to wash the Tahoe. I’ll use a mild APC mix as a pre-treatment (I’m using FK1 APC). When I dry, I’ll use Z6 for my final wiped down before moving on to ZFX/Z5. I’m a long ways away from applying Z5. Polishing a black Tahoe takes some time.

JacKal - I plan to hit the Caddy too, if I have time.

Luster - I`ve heard the Z SMR works well, and I`m glad to hear that you had great results. What type of pad did you use (make and cut)? I`m going to try my PC and cyclo to see how it works. I might hold off on the Tahoe and use it on the Caddy. The black paint on the Tahoe is PICKY, and Menzerna does the trick for me every time.

Man, I love trying out new products (no Z delivered yet, but I`m getting ready).

I guess Sean was right -I am a product whore!

Post Thanks / Like

QOUTE:I`m going to polish out the paint with IP, FPII and P085RD tonight (1/2 half) and finish on Friday. Hopefully by then, I`ll have my order in hand.

i beleivethe above would be the answer to my Old Thread. what should i use with PO85RD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    QOUTE:I`m going to polish out the paint with IP, FPII and P085RD tonight (1/2 half) and finish on Friday. Hopefully by then, I`ll have my order in hand.

i beleivethe above would be the answer to my Old Thread. what should i use with PO85RD.
    I actually think that it would be redundant to use FPll if using Po85Rd. It certainly will not hurt. But Po85Rd does the same thing as FPll just better.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    I actually think that it would be redundant to use FPll if using Po85Rd. It certainly will not hurt. But Po85Rd does the same thing as FPll just better.
    I agree, but I have some time over the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    I agree, but I have some time over the next week.
    Now that I understand! I say that everyday that I work on the balck truck. "I have the time." Boy do I have time.
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like

I would not wash or wipe anything down if you are going to finish with ZPC.

Its cold, and a waste of time.

ZPC will clean and prep the paint, no need to help it out.

Someone on Autopia did go directly from 85rd to Z2p without a wash or wipedown.

I would do a small section and see how it feels. If the surface is really grabby and not slick, then it is not compatible.

Post Thanks / Like

The previous 4 days have been spent on polishing out my wife`s black Z71 Tahoe.
    It rained all day so my neighbor and I Z`d his wife`s van.
    Process used:
    Wash: S&W (we didn`t clean the wells, wheels, wells... just the paint)
    Polish: ZPC

Seal: ZFX/
    Z5 x 2, ZFX/Z2 Pro x 2, final wipe Z8.
    A few quick thoughts on the Z products:
    ZPC - An EXCELLENT polish for PC users. I highly recommend it. We polished using LC green mid-cut pads @ 5, and LC hi-gloss white polish pads @5.5. It took about 90 minutes to polish the van (2 of us working).
    I prepped my wife`s Tahoe with Menzerna
    , and felt that ZPC left a noticeably better bonding base for Z sealers.
    Z6: A decent QD
    , but really no better than many other boutique products. I prefer #425 over it.
    Z8: VERY slick, a little goes a long way. I plan to test out OCW/
    Z8 in the coming months. If it works I`ll be using it a lot.
    Z5: Easy on/easy off as long as you follow the directions. We let one coat cure for 90 minutes and it was a BEAR to remove. If you stick to the 20-30 min
    range, it wipes off easy. x 1 or x 2 = something similar to UPP/EX combo. x 3 = you can see something special taking shape.
    Z2pro: The candy coating for Z5. If you`re a gloss whore, you`ll love the stuff. It`s as slick, glossy, and clear as anything I`ve ever used.
    Here are a few after shots in the garage.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The van looks good. I`m not currently a Zaino user, but I`ve heard Zaino lasts a long time and I think after all that work it better. If I read your post correctly even after polishing the car you went over the entire car another 5 times (Z5x2, Z2x2, and Z8). Sounds like an AWFUL lot of work.

So, the big question is after your experiences with Zaino are you the newest member of the Z cult?

Post Thanks / Like

it sure has a glo on that vehicle. Has zaino changed your mind. You did say something to the effect that you would give it afair and and unbiased appraissal.

The result is in the final prep before the Zaino. It not only sounds like you did the prep but looks it too!!
    cwcad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    it sure has a glo on that vehicle. Has zaino changed your mind. You did say something to the effect that you would give it afair and and unbiased appraissal.

The result is in the final prep before the Zaino. It not only sounds like you did the prep but looks it too!!
    4:25am and I`m shaking my head. I just finished my wife`s black Tahoe, and the finish is AMAZING! I`ll post up a review & pics in the next day or so (hoping we`ll get some sun!)

When I ordered Z I was a HUGE sceptic. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I didn`t expect results noticeably better than products that I`ve been using, but I was wrong. The difference isn`t slight, it`s WAYYYY improved.

I`m going to bed now, and I`m still shaking my head at this.

p.s. Prep time is going to vary depending on the finish, but as far as applying Z5/Z2/Z8, it`s a breeze and doesn`t take much time at all.

p.p.s.-I`ve only used Z on 2 cars, so take that in consideration.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information