Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m taking the plunge - Zaino is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    cwcad: You have it pretty much down. The only points I could add would be technical and about the chemical make-up. I`ll spare people as Beemerboy`s head will be soon spinning like a rotary .
    Take my words for it that spinning has nothing to do with Zaino
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to apply the Z system to my wife’s black Tahoe and my silver STS over the holidays (if I have enough time).

My neighbour wants to try them on his rides too. I’ll put Z on weekend details too. I’ll be surprised if much is left in 4-5 months, but we’ll see.

Over the past several years, I’ve read so many positive reviews of the Z products. Z seems to also generate a lot of debate too. Something that stirs up THAT much noise is worth taking a look at. I’m taking the plunge and ‘sipping the Kool-aid’.

The main thing that has kept me from Z is the cost, and the fact that you’re somewhat bound to the Z system once you start using it.

Z2pro @ 8oz. for $15 bucks. Wow, that’s a pretty arrogant price (if you ask me).

If the Z products don’t dazzle me and clearly distinguish themselves from the others, this will be my one and only order.

Trust me, I’ll be an objective voice on these products. My neighbor is a pretty harsh critic too. I`m curious to see his reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Zaino is good stuff, but the pricing is sort of high, and you can only get Zaino at Zaino, unless you know a local distributor. But the pricing is the same with no to little specials. That is another reason I am switching from Zaino to currently Poorboys. You can get some good deals from distributors, and specials from Steve. And the nice thing is you can buy in bulk... like Spray & Wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike (1 Clean WS6) used the same combo (Menzerna then Zaino) on my car. While it`s 99.99% Mike, and .01% product, the combo of products on black is great.
    Couple before and after pics:

http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...035#post155035

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cattman
    Mike (1 Clean WS6) used the same combo (Menzerna then Zaino) on my car. While it`s 99.99% Mike, and .01% product, the combo of products on black is great.
    Couple before and after pics:

http://detailcity.com/forums/showthr...035#post155035

Yea, I saw that post and commented that it`s the best looking black paint that I`ve seen around here in a while. That`s some awesome work and I agree -the man working the polisher had a lot to do with the end results

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    I plan to apply the Z system to my wife’s black Tahoe and my silver STS over the holidays (if I have enough time).

My neighbour wants to try them on his rides too. I’ll put Z on weekend details too. I’ll be surprised if much is left in 4-5 months, but we’ll see.

Over the past several years, I’ve read so many positive reviews of the Z products. Z seems to also generate a lot of debate too. Something that stirs up THAT much noise is worth taking a look at. I’m taking the plunge and ‘sipping the Kool-aid’.

The main thing that has kept me from Z is the cost, and the fact that you’re somewhat bound to the Z system once you start using it.

Z2pro @ 8oz. for $15 bucks. Wow, that’s a pretty arrogant price (if you ask me).

If the Z products don’t dazzle me and clearly distinguish themselves from the others, this will be my one and only order.

Trust me, I’ll be an objective voice on these products. My neighbor is a pretty harsh critic too. I`m curious to see his reaction.
    Well with all those cars you will have about a bottle and half left of the order you listed.

I personally have been having a problem putting it on thin. Reports from others say that they can get three coats with one ounce of product on their cars. I have never gotten that kind of distribution. I only get two coats with that amount of product. I also have a little more work taking it off because of that fact. Results have not been affected, IMHO.

I really look forward to your observations on all of the cars that you mentioned. I know of at least one other member of this forum that will soon be taking the Zaino in hand to make a hands on test.

Good Luck!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

After I`m finished with prep, I`ll do a Z6 wipe down.

I plan to start with ZFX/Z5 x 3. Does anyone top Z5 with Z2Pro -or- do you typically use one or the other, and hit it with Z8 for touch ups?

Post Thanks / Like

do us a favor. * take good pictures. because with all the things people claim about Zaino i have yet to see anything Spectacular that i can`t get from other brands .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset
    do us a favor. * take good pictures. because with all the things people claim about Zaino i have yet to see anything Spectacular that i can`t get from other brands .
    To be honest, I don`t read too much into pictures, but I will report back and let folks know how the product worked for me.

I`m going to keep a close eye on the slickness retention -which is supposed to be one of the big ticket items that separates Z from the pack. I doubt if I leave it on the surface for 6 months untouched, but I will on someone else`s car/truck that I detail.

Post Thanks / Like

After I`m finished with prep, I`ll do a Z6 wipe down.

I plan to start with ZFX/Z5 x 3. Does anyone top Z5 with Z2Pro -or- do you typically use one or the other, and hit it with Z8 for touch ups?
    Hit it with Z2Pro after the Z5. Z5 will give you a good deep shine that hides minor marring. It is my opinion that Z2Pro will give results that you will notice each layer. Use Z6 between each layer. It should be slicker, clearer, and shinier after each layer. It is cetainly not necessary. Z5 looks different than Z2Pro. Different does not mean bad.

Twenty four hours after the completed detail use the Z8 to add a little slickness and protection to the surface. See if you have a little more shine for your efforts. That extra pop is the only thing that I personally have not seen in any of my Zaino detailings. I know that I am in the minority on that subject.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

When you look at how far it goes it really is no more expensive than anything else. I can get about 20 coats out of a bottle. And 1 ZFX last me for 2 or 3 bottles. Once you see the results you will pay double for it and not blink an eye. JMHO.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Uyyy, you are a product whore...Truly, no doubt about it.
    Dont we all need a little

I`m sure the Zaino will treat you well John, do you plan on using it on the Caddy too? I hear Z2-Pro looks amazing on silver.
    If I were you I would have only gotten one ZFX, I know a lot of people have been saying it dries up in time, and it only requires 2-3 drops per application.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cwcad sent me some samples of the Z, again huge thanks! I plan on testing them out whenever my po85rd arrives. I will probably cry when i strip off my pink wax, as I LOOVE the look it gives me but i will give it a shot. I must say i am going in totally skeptical but hopefully the Z will prove me wrong.

I keep telling myself: You cant judge a product until you have tried it yourself!

Again big thanks to cwcad!

Greg

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset
    because with all the things people claim about Zaino i have yet to see anything Spectacular that i can`t get from other brands .
    That was pretty much my experience and the durability wasn`t a concern since I never leave my vehicles alone long enough for it to be a factor.
    No question that it is a good product, but so are lots of others.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

In regards to the ZFX drying up. I heard that Sal has updated the formula to more resist gelling up so i think what u buy now may be this version. Otherwise try to keep the cap on the vial tightly closed and keep it in one of the mixing bottles in as close to room temp as possible and you should not have problems.

I`ve been able to keep my first ZFX bottle good for almost 2 years until i used it up recently.

look forward to your findings.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information