TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

glass cleaning with MFs

For quite some time I`ve been cleaning my glass with either Invisible Glass or Sprayway Glass cleaner and some green cotton glass towels I bought in Pep Boy`s. However, I`m a huge believe in microfiber and so I`ve been trying to work it into my glass cleaning process. This summer I bought some Megs Duo-Fiber glass towels. They were awful. One disintegrated when I washed it in the washing machine. I complained and Megs sent me new towels, but those linted like crazy. During the recent 20% off sale at Autogeek, I bought some of their WW MF glass towels. I finally got to try them today and they are great.

The WW MFs did a great job cleaning the glass and also were very absorbent. There was no streaking and they made glass cleaning a snap. I highly recommend to anyone that they give WW MFs a try on their glass.

Jesus my Lord and Savior bermi23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: glass cleaning with MFs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    For quite some time I`ve been cleaning my glass with either Invisible Glass or Sprayway Glass cleaner and some green cotton glass towels I bought in Pep Boy`s. However, I`m a huge believe in microfiber and so I`ve been trying to work it into my glass cleaning process. This summer I bought some Megs Duo-Fiber glass towels. They were awful. One disintegrated when I washed it in the washing machine. I complained and Megs sent me new towels, but those linted like crazy. During the recent 20% off sale at Autogeek, I bought some of their WW MF glass towels. I finally got to try them today and they are great.

The WW MFs did a great job cleaning the glass and also were very absorbent. There was no streaking and they made glass cleaning a snap. I highly recommend to anyone that they give WW MFs a try on their glass.
    I been doing my windows with mf from Sams for about a year. I love it. I use 2 of them one wet the other one dry. It work all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: glass cleaning with MFs

I`ve heard of people just using a wet MF to clean glass. Are those Sam`s towels regular MFs or WWs? I find the WWs are better for glass.

Jesus my Lord and Savior bermi23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are regular

Post Thanks / Like

i found the blue surgical towels to work the best for me. With this towels, I fear no glass!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the cheap MFs from Walmart for glass, they`re cheap and seem to do a satisfactory job for me. Although, I have noticed that the WW style towels (not Walmart) do seem to work a little better though, guess the waffle has a little better scrubbing action or something.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah, I use dollar store mfs for glass, dash, door jams, etc. My prob isn`t streaking, it is reaching the very bottom of windshields on minivans and large cars, and the bottom of the back windom on some vehicles.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

a couple months ago i bought some yellow mf`s at the $ store 2x $2 i can`t beleive how plush they are on both sides, no streaking and they wash up well the only thing i don`t like is the color. there better then walmart,auto zone, murray`s you name it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    ^Yeah, I use dollar store mfs for glass, dash, door jams, etc. My prob isn`t streaking, it is reaching the very bottom of windshields on minivans and large cars, and the bottom of the back windom on some vehicles.
    I hear THESE are very effective and simplify interior glass cleaning........Tom
    cor·vette : [ kôr-vt ]n. 1. A fast, lightly armed warship, smaller than a destroyer, often armed for antisubmarine operations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exile
    I hear THESE are very effective and simplify interior glass cleaning........Tom
    I have one. If you have a windshield that has hard to reach areas, you really need to order yourself one.

Post Thanks / Like

^ I`ve been thinking about getting one of those, maybe I`ll have to bite and get one since I can`t stand reaching over the dash or those difficult rear windows on some cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onemeanmachine
    ^ I`ve been thinking about getting one of those, maybe I`ll have to bite and get one since I can`t stand reaching over the dash or those difficult rear windows on some cars.
    Nows the time to get one at Autogeek, with it being on sale and the freebie mf towel you get. I need one for my Camaro. Thanks, you guys for reminding me I needed one.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I`m going to have to order that glass master.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

To clean tight corners of windows..push MF with a three inch plastic putty knife..cost .50
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like

I always had some problems with dedicated glass MFs so I switched to surgical huck towels and I get better results. I rarely use a specialized product, simple routine IPA:water works. Those Glass Wizards ( got mine from Walgreens) do help out tremendously on the interiors of windshields.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Thread Information