O Rly?
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Clean auto dry anyone?

I am new to this whole scene, and I am just getting a feel for what the people use here for everything. I am suprised that when I searched, I couldnt find anyone that said anything about Mr Clean AutoDry... I live on that.

Is that a bad thing? I like it becuase I only wash my car around with the soft mit for the soap and the filtered water makes it so I dont have to dry with a cloth (I know there are similar products to this, and I also know I dont have to explain what the filter does, but bear with me)

Is it better to do it the ol fashion way?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mr Clean auto dry anyone?

Welcome, btw. It sounds like you have a good system that respects your car. For an extra 30bucks, it may not be worth it. But, I don`t know the system, only seen it on the shelf.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the auto dry before. However, I find that sometimes you cant really get all the areas so you get some water spots. But that just might be me. I find it better, well not nessasarily better to dry it with a regular absorbant rag, but I find that you know for sure your going to get all the water off the car so you wont have water spots....

Quote Originally Posted by 98 GST
    I am new to this whole scene, and I am just getting a feel for what the people use here for everything. I am suprised that when I searched, I couldnt find anyone that said anything about Mr Clean AutoDry... I live on that.

Is that a bad thing? I like it becuase I only wash my car around with the soft mit for the soap and the filtered water makes it so I dont have to dry with a cloth (I know there are similar products to this, and I also know I dont have to explain what the filter does, but bear with me)

Thanks!
    Ryan

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the Mr. Clean when it first came out. I wasn`t happy with the results though so I gave it to a friend. The first time I used it the water dried off very quickly and left no spots. The next couple of times the water didn`t dry anywhere near as well. I once tried washing my car with another brand of soap and then the drying process barely did anything at all. I didn`t like the soap that comes with it as I didn`t feel it got the car extremely clean. Also, I didn`t want to be saddled with buying the filters over and over again.

I wouldn`t say the Mr. Clean is bad to use. I just didn`t like it. I would say it was more of a personal preference issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard mixed things about it, some great and some bad, but I have never personally used it. If you like the results that`s all that matters, but the cost of the refills can make it very expensive. I probably live in an area with soft water, but I find that I can leave a recently washed car wet and have no water spots 95% of the time.
    If you want to go the "ol` fashioned" way, which would be cheaper and probably just a little more work, you *can* do it much quicker and without the buckets. I mix Meguiar`s Gold Class Soap in a spray bottle with water, enough that it is very concentrated but doesn`t come out as a string, and I use that on a wet car, spreading with the mitt. You can just get Eagle One Bucket Free Car wash if you don`t feel like mixing. While rinsing the car, I rinse the mitt out with the hose as you go along. Also, a good trick is to take the nozzle off the hose for the final rinse, which will help sheet off more water and make drying easier. Just a suggestion, because it ends up MUCH cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

I used the mr. clean it was given to me as a gift. after washing i put my car in the garage to dry on its own, no water spots. when useing mr. clean to rinse/wash its a slow process there`s not much water pressure same thing when applying the soap also the water filters imo are expensive $6.99 a pop and i feel that don`t last long enough so either you purchase a couple at a time or you`ll find your self going back and fourth to buy`em. after using up the soap and filter i`ve used it once with another product in the dispenser and that`s no good because it can clog so i`ve retired it to somewhere in the garage. They have come up with a new mr.clean but i have not used this one. .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98 GST

Thanks!
    Ryan
    Welcome Ryan

I have a 50,000 grain water softener in my truck that I keep fully charged which I wouldn`t be without. Using soft water certainly doesn`t completely eliminate hand drying, but it makes it alot easier. IMHO I also feel that all chemicals work better when used with soft water.

O Rly?
    Post Thanks / Like

My car is Burgandy (a dark purplish red) and I have never had problems with the water spots sence using it.

Its not that expensive in my opinion (I think its worth it becuase it literally only takes me no more than 20 mins to clean it and that leaves more time for the rest) Its like $6 for a refill bottle, I have bought one of these and have used I think 3 filters at about $6 each... Id say that a soap bottle lasts you about 60 washes and filters about 12 (for a smaller car like mine)

so thats 10 cents per wash for the soap, and 50cents for the filters per wash

so thats 60 cents per wash

Thread Information