Post Thanks / Like

Blue Coral Products

I have a local guy looking for Blue Coral, Auto Lotion its a interior dressing from what I gather.

It might be discontinued so someone might be blowing it out.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blue Coral Products

It doesn`t seem to be listed on their site.
    Blue Coral

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Charles I found a couple of sites and they do not make it any longer....Here is what I found at a web site about it

Blue Coral® Auto Lotion(TM) Wax & Protectant
    It`s unique emulsion system provides the benefits of both a water based silicon protectant and a solvent based automotive polish containg wax and silicon. It`s durability and shine exceed that of traditional waxes, poilshes or protectants. This advanced interior/exterior multi-surface chemistry makes it ideal for paint, chrome, glass, trim, metal, plastic and aluminum. Quick and easy to use, it takes one quarter of the time of conventional waxes to apply. Just wipe on and wipe off. No buffing or drying.
    10.5 fl. oz. Bottle (stock no. 04100)

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Coral was the product of choice in a Chevrolet dealership I worked in over 50 years ago. (1951) It was one of the early "Paint Protection" packages sold. I completely lost track of them until about 20 years ago when some movie/TV actor was pushing thier wax on TV. Since I don`t have much faith in TV infomercial products, I wrote Blue Coral off at that time.
    About 5 years ago, I found some of their auto shampoo and their Dri-Clean carpet and upholstery cleaner. Neither product was great nor was either one really bad. The Dri-Clean I would not be afraid of using today and actually the shampoo wouldn`t turn me off completely. I prefer others now, but by the same token, I used OTC Meguiar`s products for a lot of years.
    And Vista, Classic, Rain Dance, Simonize, Liquid Luster, Liquid Glass, Zaino, Finish First, Mothers, 3M, Johnson`s, Collinite, and of course, Turtle Wax and a few I don`t remember.

Charles

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have (had?) a Simoniz like that here last year. I`m guessing they were cleared out, as I don`t recall seeing them this year. (Simoniz is a store brand here, so it`s not nec. the same formula as a US version). We also had a Black Magic version. (Simoniz here is often relabeled Black Magic stuff). If the customer is really desperate, I can look into it and ship some. I think they were around $10 a bottle here, but don`t know if they are even still around.
    I seem to recall a product from Pennzoil that was about the same thing. I think I saw it at Walgreens once. Maybe try looking there?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

BL

The guy that wanted this is my local detail supplier he handles all the car dealerships here and all sorts of car care companies. He had a new prospect that was looking at doing business with him, seems the old supplier could no long get this product. After searching the net I found it was no longer in production or being marketed under another name. He has given the prospect a similar product from his line and that`s what they are going to use.

I told him that once a person gets use to using a product its some times hard to get them to look at something new

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

So, what`s this similar product`s name?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr
    So, what`s this similar product`s name?

Its a local guy here that handles a line called P&S they are out of the SF bay area...I buy quite allot from them because they are local, can buy by the gallon and I get a discount. I can`t remeber what he said the name was.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

P&S? From what I`ve heard they are used my Lexus and good stuff. Pretty professional.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Blue Coral car wash? I picked some up for $3.94 (about $3 US) and it goes a long way. Haven`t used it in awhile and thought of digging it out. Anyone know?
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    I have a local guy looking for Blue Coral, Auto Lotion its a interior dressing from what I gather.
    Here`s the write up on the back of the bottle, in case anyone is interested. (Now how would I happen to have access to such info? ):
    Auto Lotion™ has been developed to SHINE, NOURISH AND PROTECT NEARLY ALLINTERIOR AND EXTERIOR AUTOMOTIVE SURFACES: PAINT-CHROME-VINYL-GLASS-TRIM-METAL-PLASTIC AND ALUMINUM. Plus its (no, they didn`t write "it`s") quick and easy to use-1/4 the time of conventional waxes. Auto Lotion eliminates the need for up to 6 car care products. The INTERIOR/EXTERIOR MULTI-SURFACE chemistry makes it EASY, CONVENIENT AND SIMPLE TO USE.

WIPE ON - WIPE OFF WITHOUT STREAKS OR SMEARS. NO BUFFING-NO DRYING TIME. FOR USE ON MOST NEWER PAINTS. AUTO LOTION EVEN SHINES OLD DULLER PAINTS.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: Not for use on cloth or items that should not become slippery. USE ONLY AS PER LABEL DIRECTIONS.

DIRECTIONS:
    1) Wash and dry car thoroughly.
    2) Shake bottle well.
    3) Pour Auto Lotion™ onto a clean soft cloth. Use sparingly.
    4) Massage gently into surface, doing one section at a time. Always wipe with a dry cloth to achieve a brilliant shine.

KEEP FROM FREEZING

Guarantee:Blue Coral guarantees you satisfaction when used as directed. Manufacturer`s liability is limited to replacement of product, or refund of purchase price upon return of unused portion and proof of purchase.

Made in USA

1-800-416-1600
    *blah blah..* © 1995

10.5 fl oz. (310 mL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    Has anyone tried Blue Coral car wash? I picked some up for $3.94 (about $3 US) and it goes a long way. Haven`t used it in awhile and thought of digging it out. Anyone know?
    Haven`t tried it myself, but I have heard it is a bit more harsh on paint/LSP`s than some other washes. Just what I`ve heard, though. No first hand experience..... yet. :shifty: :naughtyD

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    The Blue Coral was one of the many car washes I have used over the years. It seemed to work OK and for the price, it would be hard to beat.
    I`m presently using Meg`s Gold Class shampoo and the Blue Coral seemed to suds more, but I can`t see any real difference in the results.
    FWIW, I have never used what I would term a bad shampoo. The problem with removing wax has never been a problem that I am aware of. The fact that I apply more wax/sealant about every 4 to 6 weeks probably has something to do with that.

Charles

Thread Information