Post Thanks / Like

Do I need anything else?

I just bought a 7424 from Autopia. I purchased the sfx-2 polish, sfx-3 and the P21S Wax from them also. Should I add any products to my list. O, and my paint is silver.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do I need anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by 01GTARM
    I just bought a 7424 from Autopia. I purchased the sfx-2 polish, sfx-3 and the P21S Wax from them also. Should I add any products to my list. O, and my paint is silver.
    Do you have pads for the PC?
    How about MF towels?
    Good wash mitt & shampoo?
    The P21S Wax is a great wax. I know nothing about the SFX-2 or SFX-3.

Charles

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Water.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

an electrical outlet
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Do I need anything else?

I would think you need a LC 6.5 orange power pad (to remove swirls with the more agressive polish, and a white polishing pad for second least aggressive polish.) and always start with the least aggressive product and move up. If you are applying the wax via hand you will need a yellow foam applicator or MF applicator. I would apply the wax in a front to back motion (window to grill)on horizontal`s and on the sides from side to side (the way the wind flows over the car.) Since your paint is Silver you might want to use a glaze like Adams Brillance before the wax, that should make the flake really pop. Use a 70/30 blend (polyester to polyamide) Micro Fiber towels to remove any wax or polish. If you have some MF`s check to see of they scratch by rubbing them on the back of a blank CD, this will let you know how hard to push or not to.
    Let`s see, I would buy some QD (spray detailer) for remover of stubborn dried polish and maintance between P21s layers. Also when you wash remember the two bucket method, one for soap and one for rinse. You will need a clay bar to remove any imbedded contaminents that are on your paint, and for this you will use the QD as a lube. This will prep the paint for any polish- if you wax on top of gritty paint, then you have waxed gritty paint, if you clay and polish, you will love IT! Any more questions chime in, there are alot of us who can help with the PC use.

Andrew

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

besides carnuba wax in which you already have the P21S, have you considered a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Add to your list:
    clay
    soft MFs
    pads & backing plate for your PC (if you don`t purchase a kit, I would start out with at least 2 polishing pads and a finishing pad)

Good luck,
    "J"

Thread Information