Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQDetailer
    ...........It`s decent but not the answer IMHO. There`s gotta be something better......

I had the same problem as mentioned before with the foam being pushed back into the plastic and not going deep around the lugs.........

.............I think it was $4 at HF?
    There is no ONE answer to cleaning wheels because there are too many different designs, styles, and sizes out there, especially when it comes to lug nuts and the recesses area around some of them.

If this fit so tight around the lug nuts (or in the recess) you were trying to clean that it pushed the foam back, then DUH, maybe this isn`t the right size tool for those lug nuts/wheels.

I wish I could have just one brush or tool for all the wheels I clean but I`ve yet to find it. This is just another tool that I find works great on the lug nuts/recesses that it fits, which happened to be the last three wheels I cleaned. When I find a wheel it doesn`t fit I`ll use one of my BHB`s or the foam on a stick, which cost about twice what I paid for this.
    John

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use these for cleaning wheels...

Finish Factor at Lowe`s: 12 Pk Foam Brush Set

Inexpensive, and the smallest size does a good job around the lugs. I use the wider ones for getting back in the barrell of the wheel.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    I just use these [foam paint brushes for cleaning wheels...

Huh, I`ve never had good results with the foam paintbrushes :think: They`re either too soft/flimsy or they come apart, or something...they just never worked out for me but I bet there are a *lot* of different ones that all kinda look the same. I *did* get mine from my local Lowe`s but I don`t remember if they were the Finish Factor ones :nixweiss

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    There is no ONE answer to cleaning wheels because there are too many different designs, styles, and sizes out there, especially when it comes to lug nuts and the recesses area around some of them..

Good observation :xyxthumbs I end up having a whole lotta different things in my wheel bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    i`ve had good luck using these (Lake Country foam on a stick below) in and around the lug nuts.

I like those foam-on-a-stick big swabs, but they don`t fit around most of my lugnuts and they never fit in the recesses around valvestems. I use `em more for reaching between the caliper and the wheel (when I don`t want to bother moving the vehicle half a wheel revolution while cleaning them).

Handy things though, great for hinges/etc. so there`s usually one in my wheel bucket and in each of the (regular) wash buckets. Wish they lasted longer, the foam at the tipe tears pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty useful, thanks for the review
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does HF still offer this tool?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaint
    I`m not sure. I never did stop by HF locally to see if they carried it, but it might be listed on-line. E-Shine still sells `em and you can pick up a tin or two of Meg`s #16 at the same time

eShine Canada: Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner

eShine Canada: Meguiar`s #16 Professional Paste Wax
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    i was at harbor freight today and found it...$2.99. i`ll try it out soon and report back on how well it works. hopefully the lugs on my ride are not too deep and it fits properly.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaint
    UPDATE: I was at Harbor Freight today and they had these on clearance for $1.86. I bought what I think were the last three they had in that store.

If I`m not mistaken there look identical to the new Corvette Wheel Lug Nut Cleaner that Autogeek just came out with. While I haven`t used it on a Corvette I still think it`s a great little tool and it would be worth what Autogeek is asking if I hadn`t already stocked up.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a tool that polished bare alloy wheels lug nuts and their hole while still on the car. Took me no time to do a wheel.

Copper Fittings Tube Cap I.D. =3/4

Buy 3/4 Copper Cap C6173/4 by Elkhart Products at Hardware and Tools Corp. $0.69

Drill a hole dead center and fasten a bolt as pictured.

All that`s left is attach to a Drill, drape an old microfiber towel over it, push cloth in cup.

The draped towel needs to reach the drill chuck (cut to size), you need to tape the towel to the chuck this is what turns the towel.

Add your favorite polish and spin!

ps. if your not mechanically incline maybe not for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Huh, I`ve never had good results with the foam paintbrushes :think: They`re either too soft/flimsy or they come apart, or something...they just never worked out for me

Agreed.....

Looks like I will be going to HF tomorrow... Needed some 845IW any how....

Thanks for the post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information