Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

California Water Blade

Has anyone used this? Is it useful, cost effective? How does it work with contours? Does it leave a rubber residue behind?

Help, I wanna be a proton
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: California Water Blade

I use it a lot. I have seen no scratching or marring when using it. WHen I use it on paint, I use it to move large quantities of water, and then touch up with a waffle weave towel. I also use one when washing large fleets of cars to do teh windows after a DI water rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it a lot too. I just make sure that the car is really clean to avoid rubbing dirt/grime under the blade. It really helps with the amount of time it takes to dry a car.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Check this link out http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sea...earchid=295677 , happy reading
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

A tool is only as safe as the handler makes it. You can scratch a car with microfiber if you don`t keep it clean and the same is true with a water blade. Keep the edge clean and only use it on a well rinsed car and it will be great. I use mine on the windows every time I wash my cars. If the surface is waxes or sealed then you can typically just run a stream of water over the car and that sloughs most of what needs drying off anyway. The CWB is only something I use on cars that aren`t waxed unless I`m using it on glass.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Chee
    Check this link out http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sea...earchid=295677 , happy reading
    Sorry about that. I forgot that the forum page only shows 30 days and didn`t do a search.
    b

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No apology needed, to be more specific when doing a search you can type in water AND blade ..the AND in Capital just helping :angel_not
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

I like using the Blade. I get most of the water off the vehicle and also use a WW to get the rest of the water off. I have gotten great results and I don`t use many WW`s and its quick for the tedious job of drying.

Post Thanks / Like

i find it save a lot of time. it is probably one of the greatest tools ever made, i will never be without one. as long as it is kept clean it will not effect the paint in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Every once in a great while, usually around holiday time you can buy them in 2 packs at Costco for less than $30. I haven`t bought one in awhile but I think they are still about $20 each. One of my favorite accessories!!

Post Thanks / Like

Worked good for me for a while. I did get lazy once and made an arch-shaped pass over the hood and dragged the blade a bit which put a nasty line in the clearcote! I couldnt believe rubber that soft could do that- 2 years later and its finally 90% gone after lots of coats of polish and wax.

Moral of the story- do not drag the blade (kind of like how you would cut yourself shaving- moving the blade horizontally and not in the direction of the blade) Impressive product though overall.

My all-time BEST discovery happened a month ago when I used the electric leaf blower on the car and the results were astonishing. No contact with the surface and a squeeky clean result. Gets ALL the water from all crevises, lights, mirrors, rims etc... Awesome stuff. I look forward to washing the car now without dreading the drying part.

Thread Information