Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well with the Tropical Storm Hanna coming up the northeast coast this weekend I had some downtime to try out a new LSP. I decided to give Dodo Juice Supernatural (SN) a try after some rave reviews on the UK forum. The sample was purchased directly from Dodo Juice USA.

Their customer service was awesome. Even though the product was out of stock when I ordered I received email updates as to when it would be in stock and when it shipped.

The wax was applied to several panels on my red Nissan 300zx and my black 350Z. SN is very easy to use and was applied with a moistened foam app. I allowed it haze for a bit then wiped off with a short nap MF towel.

My observations:

This wax is extremely easy to use and I didn`t notice any sweating. On my red Nissan 300zx I did notice some slight hazing and the finish wasn`t as clear as some of the other LSP`s I have used. On my black 350Z the SN looked fantastic. I would have to say that the wax has more of a crisp look compared to Pinnacle Souveran. Pinnacle Souveran to me always seemed to have more a warm carnuaba glow.

I also did a side by side panel comparison with Collonite 915 and must say that this wax gives SN a run for the money. Durability will be tough to test as both of these cars are garage queens.

All and all I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend SN to anyone looking for a high end carnuaba.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time for the review pat.... Glad you liked SN.. I know I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    No pictures?

Sounds like you are impressed but the "crisp" look makes it sound like it has a more sealant look than a carnauba. Is that a correct assumption?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    No pictures?

Sounds like you are impressed but the "crisp" look makes it sound like it has a more sealant look than a carnauba. Is that a correct assumption?

I didn`t take any pics because pics are so subjective. I could have Turtle Wax on the cars and in most lighting with picture tweaking you wouldn`t be able to tell the diff.

SN def has a nice crisp look. Would I say thats it look like a sealant. Definitely not. I put a coat of Z5 on my truck and just by looking at it I could tell that I hand a sealant on it just by that "candy type" look. :waxing:

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat, I agree with your review. I used SN this past Saturday on a Jag. I thought it had a very "neutral" look. It gave a very glossy appearance, but nothing too fakey like you see with a lot of nubas (and with NXT 2.0).

I agree with you that Daniel`s customer service was great.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I need to buy some new detailing supplies to try this stuff out!:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm..For the price of this wax I thought I might see a little more enthusiasm on these reviews...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Pat! What did you moisten your applicator with?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Well with the Tropical Storm Hanna coming up the northeast coast this weekend I had some downtime to try out a new LSP. I decided to give Dodo Juice Supernatural (SN) a try after some rave reviews on the UK forum. The sample was purchased directly from Dodo Juice USA.

Their customer service was awesome. Even though the product was out of stock when I ordered I received email updates as to when it would be in stock and when it shipped.

The wax was applied to several panels on my red Nissan 300zx and my black 350Z. SN is very easy to use and was applied with a moistened foam app. I allowed it haze for a bit then wiped off with a short nap MF towel.

My observations:

This wax is extremely easy to use and I didn`t notice any sweating. On my red Nissan 300zx I did notice some slight hazing and the finish wasn`t as clear as some of the other LSP`s I have used. On my black 350Z the SN looked fantastic. I would have to say that the wax has more of a crisp look compared to Pinnacle Souveran. Pinnacle Souveran to me always seemed to have more a warm carnuaba glow.

I also did a side by side panel comparison with Collonite 915 and must say that this wax gives SN a run for the money. Durability will be tough to test as both of these cars are garage queens.

[/COLOR]

All and all I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend SN to anyone looking for a high end carnuaba.

What do you mean by this? Can you tell more about the comparison for SN and 915?:laugh:

Great review and good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Pat.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell more about the comparison for SN and 915?

It means that both panels looked extremely similar.

David...I just moistened the app with some QD...

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Bob McDooorman`s Corvette Show here in Columbus Ohio this past weekend to buy some Doo Doo products. They`d had them previously. No such luck this year. I did mange to pick up a Good wax. C Magic. I think it was originally Corvette Magic, but after taking with the inventer. He wanted his product to be used on all vehicles,so he changed the name to C Magic.

This is a very good product. Great Depth,and reflection. Easy on and easy off. After the wax hazes,then you spray a quick detailer on it to assist the wax removal,whats left is clear clean wet look shine. Now as bad as I hate the rain, I need to test it`s durability. Hopefully I can post some pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Bob McDooorman`s Corvette Show here in Columbus Ohio this past weekend to buy some Doo Doo products. T

As far as I know there are only two resellers in the US that are selling Dodo Juice. I would be surprised if you could pick it up at a car show yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    It means that both panels looked extremely similar.

David...I just moistened the app with some QD...

Thanks for explanation. If i am not wrong, the 915 is much cheaper than SN?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FredTay
    Thanks for explanation. If i am not wrong, the 915 is much cheaper than SN?

Dodo juice SN - $129.95

Collinite 915 - ~$20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information