...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone used Presta Products?

The guy I`ve been talking with at a local detailing supply shop mentioned that they`ve been trying to switch some of their customers to their products, mainly because of their effective nice along with ease of use. They have a bunch of different polishes for swirl removal, final polishing, detail sprays, etc. The bottles even have a color coated system on them that lets you know which pads to use with each product, so that`s kind of nice...

He also mentioned that if the product starts to lose its effectiveness, you can spray water on the surface and it ill automatically jumpstart the polish again...

I can get the complete package with all of the polishes I need for about $100 or less out the door, it usually goes for about $130 before tax...

the website is www.prestaproducts.com

Thanks
    Dolan
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone used Presta Products?

You should ask the guy if you could get some samples of a few products. If he really believes that heavily in them I`m sure he could spare an ounce or two of several products to show you how good they are. They seem like a decent brand, try the sample route and then make a decision.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea! I never thought about that. I`ve known the guy for a few years, but just started talking with him a lot more since I`m buying products from them. I`ll have to stop by tomorrow after work and ask him for a few samples

Tryin to get in the swing
    Post Thanks / Like

I am 99% sure they are made by Malco . Malco Auto products have a much larger and more complete line though . Presta is what they make for body shops .
    Also their " Quik-Pads " are simply the Edge 2k system .

Post Thanks / Like

I use their Ultra Cutting Cream as compound all the time. Very easy to work with either with rotary or PC.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jgv
    I use their Ultra Cutting Cream as compound all the time. Very easy to work with either with rotary or PC.
    Good to know, thanks! :punk:

Post Thanks / Like

I too used there Ultra Cutting Creme Light. Great versatile product. I`ve also used the Chroma 1500 and Chroma 2000 Glaze. The difference is basically the 1500 is a glaze that is designed to get out 1500 sand scratches and the 2000 is meant to get out 2000 sand scratches. When applied, it`ll leave the surface very slick and wet. Aurora 4000 is some decent stuff. Not as good as Wizard`s MistNShine, but it`s good. ScuffStuff is, in my area, bodyshop preferred over a majority of other manufacturers. IMO, you really can`t go wrong with this stuff. The smallest amount that I`ve seen the Cutting Creme and Chroma 1500/2000 Glazes, were 8oz. The only Presta product that I`d recommend that you`d pass on, is the FastWax. $100 for that White box with Presta products is a good price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sting2324
    I too used there Ultra Cutting Creme Light. Great versatile product. I`ve also used the Chroma 1500 and Chroma 2000 Glaze. The difference is basically the 1500 is a glaze that is designed to get out 1500 sand scratches and the 2000 is meant to get out 2000 sand scratches. When applied, it`ll leave the surface very slick and wet. Aurora 4000 is some decent stuff. Not as good as Wizard`s MistNShine, but it`s good. ScuffStuff is, in my area, bodyshop preferred over a majority of other manufacturers. IMO, you really can`t go wrong with this stuff. The smallest amount that I`ve seen the Cutting Creme and Chroma 1500/2000 Glazes, were 8oz. The only Presta product that I`d recommend that you`d pass on, is the FastWax. $100 for that White box with Presta products is a good price.
    I didn`t really look at the kit that closely since I was in a hurry, but I believe it came with the Cutting Creme, the CC light (I believe), Ultra 1500, the FastWax, and a few other things like their DS nd such. The kit runs about $125 usually, but the guy I deal with down at the sop gives me products for cost, and although he can`t give the whole kit to me for cost, he said he could give me a good deal! I think I`m going to pick the kit up Tuesday

Thread Information