Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss Detailer Review

The car: Black 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R repainted using the best PPG had to offer.

The Process: The car had been polished by hand with Menzerna and waxed with Zaino two weeks ago. It was topped with TWUG paste wax (excellent product). The car was then washed with NXT shampoo followed by this quick detailer. I lightly misted the car and wiped clean with microfiber.

The Packaging: Nothing too fantastic here--just a green bottle with an adjustable nozzle. The back label claims it will enrich wax shine and UV protection, fill in minor swirl marks, is streak free, and is clear coat safe. Contains 16 Fl. Oz, which is considerably shy of NXTs 24 FL. Oz capacity.

The Results: Wow! Wow! Wow! Wooooow! The black paint on my car looked as if it were going to drip right off my car. Of all the products I have used on my sentra, NOTHING has given it the slippery wet/shiny look that this detailer delivers. My doors and hood projected near perfect reflections of their surroundings, I could even see the green in the grass and the blue in the sky with very good clarity. I suspect this detailer has a small amount of carnauba inside because it did hide some very minor swirls. Also, on my black car, it was very easy to use...just mist on and wipe off; this procedure left absolutely no visible streaks.
    On the downside, I was not impressed with the cleaning properties or the lubricity. NXT Speed Detailer trumps this TW product in those respects. The jury is still out on the durability, but I suspect it wont be long at all as is the case with the TWPUG paste wax.

Conclusion: If you could not tell by now, I was thrilled with this product. For the price I paid, I could not be happier with the results. This has become one of my go-to products. I would recommend it to the avid home doityourselfer who is willing to sacrifice cleaning properties for the ultimate in shine. It is certainly a shame that some people still have a stigma against Turtle Wax because they sure are missing out on this wonderfull product.

[Edit]: I also used this product on my girlfriend`s metallic silver Toyota Matrix that had been clayed with California Gold, polished with Mothers PowerPolish, 2 coats of NXT, 1 coat of TWPUG paste wax. I experienced similiar results as to on the black sentra. Additionally, the silver seemed to "glow" a lot more and the silver flake popped out better than I had hoped.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss Detailer Review

i like it a lot too. lubricity and cleaning are way out but the shine makes up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss Detailer Review

It works great for me too. It cleans light tree sap off my car with no problems.

Thread Information