Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used Opti-Seal for the first time late last year. I used it as my LSP after using SIP and 106FF for the first time as well. I was completely blown away by the Menzerna polishes. The depth, reflection, sharpness, and squeaky clean feeling it gave my yellow paint was incredible. I posted that review here:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...oly-grail.html

At the time, I did mention that I was pretty impressed with OS , but it was the prep work that I was truly impressed with. OS did seem to add a bit of wetness, but not much compared to how it already looked after 106ff.

I have been getting ready to detail all three of the cars that we own, and I figured I would probably need to do my Protege5 again as well, considering it has gone through the winter, lots of rain, and has NOT been maintained very well (sometimes going up to three weeks without being washed)!

I gave the car a good regular car wash this last weekend, using Perl`s shampoo (my favorite shampoo several years running). The car was filthy before washing, but I could not believe how well the water was still sheeting off with a steady flow from an open hose. I wasn`t sure this was really indicative of anything, but there sure did seem to be protection still on the paint.

After drying, the car looked great. No swirls. The paint still looked quite wet and shiny. And perhaps most surprising of all was the fact that the paint was still very smooth and slick!

The Opti-Seal was obviously still protecting the paint after nearly 5 months....and protecting it well! The hard work that I put into the car at the end of last year was preserved by OS, and this was despite my less than stellar job of keeping it clean. I would use FK 425 after washing the car, but other than that, there has been nothing else used to maintain the finish...and the car had been through numerous rain storms since it was last detailed, and often went a couple of weeks with the filth from the rain left on it before being washed.

The paint is in such good shape that I don`t see a reason to polish it again now. The paint is very slick and smooth. If anything, I will do some minor touch up with clay, and probably just add another coat of OS.

Needless to say I am EXTREMELY impressed with this product (the first OPT product I have used). I have used more sealants than any other type of detailing product, and I think I have finally found one that I can stick with! None of the other sealants that I have ever used have lasted this long, and this well. The amount of fall-off seems to be amazingly small, especially considering the amount of time and conditions that the paint has been through since the initial application (which consisted of 3 coats in a 3 day period).

Another, final consideration is this: I haven`t even mentioned the ease of use of this product yet! It is a true WOWA product. Talk about convenience! I get the distinct impression that this method of application has true benefits in terms of how well it bonds to the paint, never mind the convenience aspect.

This product has it all: looks (probably the wettest looking sealant I have used), protection (the paint still looks wet), durability (5 months, not well maintained, through rain etc.) and convenience (WOWA).

What more can you ask for?

I love this product!

For fun, I thought I would attach a few pics taken today. Remember, this is just following a car wash with Perl`s, nothing else:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I too like OS until I found UPGP. UPGP is also a wowa product with more gloss and slicker than OS. Don`t know about durability as yet

BTW your ride looks great. I can see how you are pleased with OS.

Post Thanks / Like
    UGUP? what is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I`ve had excellent results with Opti-Seal on both my own vehicle and my customers. When used in conjunction with ONR, the slickness and beading never really fall off.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbison215
    UGUP? what is that?
    Ultimate Paint Guard Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget that Einszett Perls adds a LOT of sheeting action since it adds a polymer protection behind. Try to use a shampo who is not adding any protection and test again.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i agree too !

opti seal is "recharged" each time you use onr . the polymers complement each other and the whole thing is so much slicker than other car washes.

i no longer wipe dry, I blot dry using the monster size waffle weave, and the water just disappears. that is how slick it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used ONR and 845IW at the end of Oct. Still beading like a champ on the hood and roof. The door panels that were exposed to plenty of salt this winter, less so.

Overall, I really like OS. No reason to use anything else at this point. Still plenty of that stuff left. I`ll be using it for life at this point.
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, OOS looks better, has more definition than UPGP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Dont forget that Einszett Perls adds a LOT of sheeting action since it adds a polymer protection behind. Try to use a shampo who is not adding any protection and test again.

I agree with you. If you`re going to test durability, washing with Perls is a bad idea.

I`ve been using O-S and like it very much, but have not gotten that kind of durability with it. I also like Perls shampoo, but while I was testing for durability, I didn`t use it for the above reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    so for someone who is looking to add something to an otherwise ordinary arsenal, is ONR and Opti-seal a good pick? I`ve seen some good reviews, including this one!

I was also thinking of getting my first AIO and considering Poli-seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    so for someone who is looking to add something to an otherwise ordinary arsenal, is ONR and Opti-seal a good pick? I`ve seen some good reviews, including this one!

I was also thinking of getting my first AIO and considering Poli-seal.

Yes ONR, and OS is a great combo. I`ve only used OS on my paint once and looks very good. I always use OS on my wheels. I might start using OS on my paint after I use up all my CS.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Those of you who say you can`t judge durability if you are washing with Perls I say nonsense!!

As I said in my original post, I have been using Perls for YEARS with all the prior sealant`s I have used. Therefore I am comparing apples to apples. Those other sealants simply did NOT hold up anywhere close to what I am seeing with OS, even though I used Perls with all of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using pearls on a car with no wax and it beaded like a champ. It did not bead without Pearls.

I have read many threads about DG105 "It beads after 10 months...and I always add a extra coat of AW after each wash" This is IMO not a good way to judge durability.

I donĂ‚´t want to flame OS since I use it myself.

Try to wash the car with a different soap and measure the durability, I promise you will loose a couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    I have been using pearls on a car with no wax and it beaded like a champ. It did not bead without Pearls.

I have read many threads about DG105 "It beads after 10 months...and I always add a extra coat of AW after each wash" This is IMO not a good way to judge durability.

I donĂ‚´t want to flame OS since I use it myself.

Try to wash the car with a different soap and measure the durability, I promise you will loose a couple of months.

Probably so, but I don`t care, and I certainly don`t have any intention whatsoever of trying to find out.

This is not a scientific experiment. This is my observations/opinions based on my personal regimen. That regimen includes washing with Perls, and it has been that way for many years.

The point is NOT whether I would lose a couple of months of durability if I didn`t use Perls. The point is that OS lasts longer and with much less fall off than any other sealant that I have ever used in combination with Perls.

Other sealants did NOT keep the surface feeling as smooth and slick as OS even though I was washing with Perls with those other sealants as well.

Other sealants did NOT keep the finish looking as deep and wet as OS even though I was washing with Perls with those other sealants as well.

Other sealants did NOT keep the water sheeting off the paint after this period of time as well as OS even though I was washing with Perls with those other sealants as well.

Opti-Seal is the best sealant that I have ever used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information