Post Thanks / Like

I must be a idot!

I got my 4" spot pads(yellow and white) and was tring to get some of the water spots/swirls out of my hood. I did notice that the hood was warm from where I had drove it down the road but decided to go ahead with it. I had a hard time removing the ssr2.5 once I worked it in. I used figure 8 pattern and side to side up and down. When I went to remove it, it would not come off. I misted some nxt QD on it and it came off? I figured it was from teh hot hood so I did it on my trunk lid that was cool and same results. I only did hald the hood to see if there was a improvent and there was but slightly. I dont know what to do now. I thought for sure stepping from a orange pad to a yellow would be abrasive enought. Do I have something in my arsonal thats better. I have some

DACP
    s100 paint cleanser
    VM
    FP
    IMP
    NXT

Any suggestions?
    2008 Black Sap. Bmw 535i Speed
    2008 Jet Black Bmw X3 3.0 si
    email bimmerclubnc@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I must be a idot!

sometimes it just takes multiple passes.

keep the speed at 5, (speed six will breakdown u`re polish too quickly). expect to stay on it for about 4 minutes. give or take. move slowly. keep the the section u`re working on small. and make sure to keep the pad flat. use the sound of the machine to let u know if its flat or not. apply light pressure. too much pressure will boggle down the machine and really not do that much.
    let the machine use most of its own wieght and just add a bit. a tiny bit. then just let it glide over the surface.

the less pressure u apply along with a lower speed the longer a product will have to properly work in and remove swirls without being broken down tooo quickly...

if u feel the need to step it up a notch, use speed "6" only at the end right about when the product if "almost" drying up. i tend to get a lot less micromarring that way.

do that and give it a few trys and im sure they will come off.

Post Thanks / Like

It could be that you`re used to using the bigger pads and are using too much product with the 4" pads.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Spelling has nothing to do with a mans intelligence!
    When it`s you car, every detail matters...........

Thread Information