Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE November 21st, 2007 (One Month After Application)

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I have put about 1400 miles on the UPGP in the Pennsylvania fall. Lots of dust, rain, cold and warm.

Washed about four times using the Ultima wash.

Still soft and smooth. Looks great beads well. Lots of compliments. People are always wanting to pet the paint because it is so soft/slick feeling.

Looks great on the Pearl White paint. Adds lots of gloss and pretty good depth.

So thus far very happy with durability, looks, beading, and feel.

Still 11/10!!
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up. I`m gonna try the Ultima Line. I see there is a smaller size bottles that just came out.:heelclick so I`m in. One question I have is do I need the Paint prep If I am already using Menzerna Polish. I have SIP and NANO. Just seems like an extra wasted step and I love the Nano Polish so thats a keeper no matter what. I assume I can just put the UPGP on after I use the Nano Polish right? or does the Paint prep actually bond the Paint guard better??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett
    UPDATE November 21st, 2007 (One Month After Application)

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

I have put about 1400 miles on the UPGP in the Pennsylvania fall. Lots of dust, rain, cold and warm.

Washed about four times using the Ultima wash.

Still soft and smooth. Looks great beads well. Lots of compliments. People are always wanting to pet the paint because it is so soft/slick feeling.

Looks great on the Pearl White paint. Adds lots of gloss and pretty good depth.

So thus far very happy with durability, looks, beading, and feel.

Still 11/10!!

How many coats of UPGP did you use? I have a detail of a white BMW 750 coming up. Its needs winter protection so it sounds like Ultima will fit the bill. The only downside is that I won`t be able to put multiple coats on the client`s car.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    How many coats of UPGP did you use? I have a detail of a white BMW 750 coming up. Its needs winter protection so it sounds like Ultima will fit the bill. The only downside is that I won`t be able to put multiple coats on the client`s car.

I think three at least twelve hours apart is perfect. I like to finish the third dried and aged coat with a nice plush MF finishing towel for that extra shine and depth.

I fully understand the issues you would have applying three coats to a customer car due to time constraints. However give the good folks at Ultima a ring and see if a shorter time period is acceptable in such cases. I have been fooling around with a portion of our minivan and have reduced the wait time to about 3 hours and seem to be getting excellent results. I believe however that I am very likely sacrificing durability. Won`t know for until after winter I suppose.

By the way the Ultima folks are great to deal with. They called me back in a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Knuck,

Many thanks for the review of the Ultima products. Going to look on google now to see if its sold in the UK?. If not look like buying from the website, and waiting a week.

Cheers from toby tyke, UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. I am sure you will have a good experience. Please start a thread to let us see your experience when you start using the products!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ultima Products are GREAT did My Black Audi this weekend with 2 coats and it sparkles like a blick sapphire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear!

I highly recommend that you put on a third.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review! Well detailed and honest. The car is a home run too.

Been casually looking for products to use on the Ridgeline that can take the constant barage of poor weather and 24 hour element exposure. Seems you`ve done me a great service as we live in the same latitude so we`ll experience the same weather patterns. This is like having a private testing lab, without the work or risk!

Thanks again!
    SaintlySins

Post Thanks / Like
    Will Do This Weekend Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate review,s like this :angry cause all you have done is make me spend more money on another product .Great review btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett
    I think three at least twelve hours apart is perfect. I like to finish the third dried and aged coat with a nice plush MF finishing towel for that extra shine and depth.

I fully understand the issues you would have applying three coats to a customer car due to time constraints. However give the good folks at Ultima a ring and see if a shorter time period is acceptable in such cases. I have been fooling around with a portion of our minivan and have reduced the wait time to about 3 hours and seem to be getting excellent results. I believe however that I am very likely sacrificing durability. Won`t know for until after winter I suppose.

By the way the Ultima folks are great to deal with. They called me back in a few minutes.

Yes, a full 12 hours is needed between coats. If you try to rush it, you will simply remove the previous coat.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to wait 12 hours after using UPPP for it to cure before applying UPGP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Do you have to wait 12 hours after using UPPP for it to cure before applying UPGP?

No you can go straight to PGP.
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information