Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless carwashes

I swaer buy the Poorboys spray and wipe. I use it every day to stay on top of my ride. I park outdoors and this is great on a well cared for vehicle. I wouldn`t reccomend it as a primary wash on certain colored cars or extremely dirty ones. I had a silve pick up and just to see how well it worked i spraye down the whole side of the bed in the middle of winter with spray and wipe and let it soak in a bit. I wiped road salt off lightly and I swear there were no scratches at all not even fine ones. I did have several coats of past wax on it before it got all salty but it was still a pretty scary experiment. I won`t be doing that test again anytime soon but it did prove to me that I am not going to ruin anything if i spray and wipe pollen and basic road dust off my ride daily. Plus it works great on glass, chrome, plastic and basically the whole interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I don`t understand how its possible to detail a car without water? Ok so you can clean the paint off i guess. How do you clean the motor, jambs, wheel tires and wells? I never got into this waterless wash stuff. I guess i`m old fashioned.

I don`t see how you can clean door jambs and engines using water. You can`t go spraying that pressure washer when the doors are open! You`ll get the interior all wet! And with all the electronics under the hood of modern cars like MB`s and BMW`s, a high pressure washer is bound to cause problems. Car systems are meant to be waterproof when exposed to splashing rain water, not 500 psi`s worth of water blast.

S&W is easy to use. You just spray it on what you want to clean. So if you can spray it into the motor or into the door jamb, you can wipe it off with a mf. But to be honest, I don`t use S&W to clean the motors on my detail jobs, I use Simple Green or PB`s APC.

SC~

Post Thanks / Like

I really want to use my spray and wash but I can`t get by the feeling that I`m rubbing the dirt around on the paint! Like most people here at DC I`m very particular with my wash process (multiple buckets, mits etc.) and the S&W just seems to be the exact opposite of that process. I really doin`t have a lot of confidence that the product will do what it says without marring my paint, and the one time that I used it, it left streaks. It may be that I need more experience with it to get it to work right, but I guess that will have to be on someone else`s car cause I just can`t do it to mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo123
    I really want to use my spray and wash but I can`t get by the feeling that I`m rubbing the dirt around on the paint! Like most people here at DC I`m very particular with my wash process (multiple buckets, mits etc.) and the S&W just seems to be the exact opposite of that process. I really doin`t have a lot of confidence that the product will do what it says without marring my paint, and the one time that I used it, it left streaks. It may be that I need more experience with it to get it to work right, but I guess that will have to be on someone else`s car cause I just can`t do it to mine.
    Thats how I feel. In the development I live in you can`t wash your car here so I have to go to my in-laws house to wash and detail my car. Which is kinda good because here my car is always exposed to the burning sun and at their house I can pull it into the garage to detail. I wash my car every weekend so it doesn`t get really dirty, but its BLACK.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information