Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Get the rotary. I have the flex, pc, makita 9227. For me the rotary is easier to control than the flex.
    I don`t suppose you could give me some lessons on your rotary could ya? :think2 Maybe let me check out the difference between your rotary and the Flex since you have both. That would be extremely helpful if you are willing? I work in Fairfax, Live near South Riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan777
    I don`t suppose you could give me some lessons on your rotary could ya? :think2 Maybe let me check out the difference between your rotary and the Flex since you have both. That would be extremely helpful if you are willing? I work in Fairfax, Live near South Riding.

Sure - call me.

Post Thanks / Like
    After the first few uses with my Flex I haven`t had any real issues with it wanting to walk on me. I find that as long as you keep a firm grip (not a death grip, but firm) on it that it goes where you point it. What kind of pads are you using?
    Club FLEX X 2

Post Thanks / Like
    When your pads start caking, what are you supposed to do? Use a pad cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonal86
    When your pads start caking, what are you supposed to do? Use a pad cleaner?

Or switch to a new pad. Really, you oughta clean/replace the pad *before* you get any caking, but yeah...that is a bit of a hassle. Not as much of a hassle as [messing] up big-time with something like M105 though

I`ll often clean my pad after doing the first try on half of a small panel!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the proper pad cleaning technique? The only thing I have at my disposal is a bucket of water and some packets of that "Snappy Clean" pad cleaner powder.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the proper pad cleaning technique? The only thing I have at my disposal is a bucket of water and some packets of that "Snappy Clean" pad cleaner powder.

I blow them off with compressed air, but if you don`t have a compressor you`ll have to clean them the old-fashioned way (which you eventually have to do anyhow, the air only does so much). I just use Dawn (regular or Power Dissolver), but that Snappy oughta work great (it had better for the price ). The potential issue with this is that some pad/product combos just don`t work right unless the pad is dry, and sometimes that means "completely dry". Often that works out to simply having a scad of fresh pads available; I go through a LOT of pads when I do a full-vehicle correction, and I don`t mean just four or six.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting! I wonder if M105 works fine with wet pads, as I have read that a lot of people spray the pads with water to prevent caking issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting! I wonder if M105 works fine with wet pads, as I have read that a lot of people spray the pads with water to prevent caking issues.

I`m not a great authority on this (I just don`t do much correction), but I think it`s a matter of the pads and the degree of dampness. My Meguiar`s 7006 and the orange pads I`m using (forget whose they are, maybe LC :nixweiss) seem to work a *LOT* better if they`re basically all the way dry (except for the M105/etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, now I`m trying to buy some additional pads. Do you have any idea where I can get a good deal on them? (I want to try not to spend more than $25 or so on a few pads, shipping included!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Buff & Shine 5.5" 6-Pack Special

I wonder which one of these would work best with M105 to remove swirls and which would work best with M205.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread Information