Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is the BP plate attached to the Flex? All my pads are Edge 2000 and I`m wondering if either of the adapters (rotary or D/A) would fit because buying all new pads would certainly add to the cost of switching to this machine for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The BP is held in by a hex screw that goes in the center of the BP and screws right in. I had soem Edge 2K pads for my PC as well, and they do not retro fit to the Flex. It`s a proprietary BP and connector system. I know it`s a tough pill to swallow, but after you finish your first car with the Flex, you`ll forget all about that extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by poyo
    Flex users, a question. Can this machine be used to remove both medium swirls, water etch etc and still be used for final polishing work ( follow up to remove any micro marring, haze etc ) and then used to apply LSP?

This machine can actually remove what type of swirls, etch etc? Those really deep ones that one would whip out the rotary and a really strong compound in an instant?

Yes to all of the above from my experiences. The black MDX I did was pretty screwed up with medium to medium-heavy swrils and scratches, It also had some water etching on it`s roof. I did the entire car with the Flex, orange pad, and Menzerna IP. There were a few deeper scratches on the hood that I went after with Menzerna Power Gloss on an orange CCS pad tha re-introduced some minor swirling. I cleaned tha up with some Mnezerna Micro Polish and an light polishing pad.

I have applied LSP with the Flex before, but to be honest, I still prefer the PC for LSP. Still very easy to maneuver around the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we all now how easily the flex breakes down polish so i am gonna try something i bought early this year.I bought some presta ultra light cutting cream thinking that i could use it with the pc..............................wrong,but now with the power of the flex i think it could easily break this rotary only polish down.When the temps warm up i am gonna try it out and let you know cause i really want to try this polish after all the great things ive heard about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    Allan, I`m not sure if your Singapore dealer is as familiar with the issue on the red BP as Flex in the US is. You may want to have him contact Flex and provide the details of what you know. It may just be a matter of educating the Singapore dealer you`re working with.

Called up the singapore dealer to find out about this matter, he said that his new stock (arriving next week) will come with 150mm black velcro BP. He`ll ship it out to me as soon as it arrives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Oh btw, Detail University - Automotive Detailing Community is having an awesome deal on the Flex. I believe if you buy the Flex you get a 32oz of 106ff or SIP FREE.

I wish I never bought my Makita... :LOLOL

- Andrew
    Just noticed that the guys at DI posted that they will now sell just the machine (no polish) for $265. IDK what they charge for shipping though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedg
    Well we all now how easily the flex breakes down polish so i am gonna try something i bought early this year.I bought some presta ultra light cutting cream thinking that i could use it with the pc..............................wrong,but now with the power of the flex i think it could easily break this rotary only polish down.When the temps warm up i am gonna try it out and let you know cause i really want to try this polish after all the great things ive heard about it.

You used way too much and that is why you thought that the pc can`t break that polish down properly. It can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to update my earlier post. I guess detailedimage.com has dropped their price to $265. And you still get that free bottle of SIP/106ff.

(anyone wanna buy my makita?)

They are located in New York for all you guys around the east coast that want fast shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to update my earlier post. I guess detailedimage.com has dropped their price to $265. And you still get that free bottle of SIP/106ff.

(anyone wanna buy my makita?)

They are located in New York for all you guys around the east coast that want fast shipping.
    I`m thinking HARD about getting one of these. :waxing:

The only thing that`s stopping me is that I would also have to get all new pads.

It is nice though that if I bought it from DI that I would have it overnight since they are in NY and I am in MA.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I just checked their website. The price of the Flex is $265, but there`s no mention of a free bottle of SIP or 106FF. At the bottom of the Flex page, you can add them (as well as others) to your order and receive an additional 5% off of the checked items, but I didn`t see anything saying free. :nixweiss

If you were able to order it with the free polish for $265 plus shipping, you got a great deal!
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    Hmmm, I just checked their website. The price of the Flex is $265, but there`s no mention of a free bottle of SIP or 106FF. At the bottom of the Flex page, you can add them (as well as others) to your order and receive an additional 5% off of the checked items, but I didn`t see anything saying free. :nixweiss

If you were able to order it with the free polish for $265 plus shipping, you got a great deal!
    See the thread from Detail University that was linked earlier in this thread. If you pay $299 you get the "free" polish. $265 is just for the machine. If you were planning on getting the polish anyway though it`s still a good deal (essentially $34 for a $50 polish).

Post Thanks / Like
    But, technically, it`s not really "free" then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV

I guess to get that answer 100% is e-mail Greg or George @ DI.com :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
    Hence the quotation marks . . . anyway when the price of the machine at DI was $299 the polish was a freebie. However, they`ve changed the price of the machine to $265. So, now the machine and polish is more of a kit than a freebie. Either way, it`s still a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    See the thread from Detail University that was linked earlier in this thread. If you pay $299 you get the "free" polish. $265 is just for the machine. If you were planning on getting the polish anyway though it`s still a good deal (essentially $34 for a $50 polish).

I`d mised the DU link and had gone only to the website. $299 (special for November only) for the machine and either SIP or 106FF is a really good deal.

They also have a really nice write-up on the machine. :up I am so looking forward to trying out the Flex ... now just for the weather to cooperate.
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information