Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Does the Flex have a RO with forced rotation mode?

Actually, it`s all forced rotation mode. This isn`t a dual mode polisher like the Makita BO6040 or the Bosch 1250DEVS.
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    Mine came with the handle on as well. Check the instructions because it shows you how to install the handle. Removing the handle should be just the opposite.

BTW, my 5" BP from Powerhouse (replacement for the red velcro 6" BP) arrived a day after the Flex did along with my invoice. They sure are a class act.

Are we talking about the black handle that goes over the top of the unit, or one that goes on the side? I`m out of town right now, so can`t check for myself, but trying to remember if there was an optional side handle you could put on it as well like the PC. You definitely want to keep the top black handle/hand grip in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only handle I see is the top black handle. I just noticed it probably can be removed with an Allen wrench. I just left mine on, as I use it to steady it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, then, I must`ve been smoking ditchweed thinking there was an optional side handle on the thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    can this handle in front or above the Flex be moved around like say front to back?

it looks risky to me to have it neat the pad like that as it might hit the mirrors or

some where where it is going to be tight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Houdini
    can this handle in front or above the Flex be moved around like say front to back?

it looks risky to me to have it neat the pad like that as it might hit the mirrors or

some where where it is going to be tight

No need to move it around. It is locked into place by a couple of hex scres on either side. You don`t have to worry about the handle hitting anything because usually your left hand is sitting on top of it (or sometimes right). So, if you come close to anything, your hand/fingers provide a natural buffer in between. Main concern is the hard BP coming into contact with door handles, sideview mirrors, areas on bumpers, etc. Sometimes I`ll break out the PC and 4" pads on A-pillars or other tight areas. On my last detail, I was able to finesse it for the A-pillars by tilting the pad a little and only using about 1/3 of the pad for polishing with the rest of it in the air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh btw, Detail University - Automotive Detailing Community is having an awesome deal on the Flex. I believe if you buy the Flex you get a 32oz of 106ff or SIP FREE.

I wish I never bought my Makita... :LOLOL

- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Andrew, I know you posted this same link in another thread, but I`m not quite sure how great a deal this is. You can buy one from Powerhouse for $269 with top-notch customer service (I am in no way affiliated with Powerhouse), or from Detailed Image for $299 with the free Menzerna polish. Might save you a few bucks on the polish. Nice thing about dealing with Powerhouse is that they are the master authorized service and parts center for Flex North America. I`ve never dealt with Detailed Image, but sounds like they have a good rep as well. Just want to make sure folks know that these are about the only 2 places you can get the Flex in the U.S. I still haven`t seen any other online retailers carrying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
    Hey, Andrew, I know you posted this same link in another thread, but I`m not quite sure how great a deal this is. You can buy one from Powerhouse for $269 with top-notch customer service (I am in no way affiliated with Powerhouse), or from Detailed Image for $299 with the free Menzerna polish. Might save you a few bucks on the polish. Nice thing about dealing with Powerhouse is that they are the master authorized service and parts center for Flex North America. I`ve never dealt with Detailed Image, but sounds like they have a good rep as well. Just want to make sure folks know that these are about the only 2 places you can get the Flex in the U.S. I still haven`t seen any other online retailers carrying it.

Oh, Sorry about that Jonny. I don`t know the distributors very well for the flex. But I guess saving ~$20 may be a lot to someone for those 2 polishes. So I minus well post the good deals I find. Worth a shot right?

:2thumbs:

- Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    Mine came with the handle on as well. Check the instructions because it shows you how to install the handle. Removing the handle should be just the opposite.\r\n\r\nBTW, my 5\" BP from Powerhouse (replacement for the red velcro 6\" BP) arrived a day after the Flex did along with my invoice. They sure are a class act.
    \r\n\r\nI might be getting the Flex from a dealer in Singapore. It comes with the red 6\" BP, but the dealer does not even know anything about the new 5\" black replacement BP. He says if I want the black BP he may need to order it from Germany and charge me for shipping (and perhaps for the BP too) :nervous: \r\n\r\nIs Flex sending out the black BP\`s for free to all those with red factory BP? What should I do? I dont mind paying for the black 5\" BP, but just wanted to clarify wether its supposed to be a free replacement or not. :think:`

Post Thanks / Like
    Threads like these make me want to spend money!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan
    `\r\n\r\nI might be getting the Flex from a dealer in Singapore. It comes with the red 6\" BP, but the dealer does not even know anything about the new 5\" black replacement BP. He says if I want the black BP he may need to order it from Germany and charge me for shipping (and perhaps for the BP too) :nervous: \r\n\r\nIs Flex sending out the black BP\`s for free to all those with red factory BP? What should I do? I dont mind paying for the black 5\" BP, but just wanted to clarify wether its supposed to be a free replacement or not. :think:`

I think there might be some confusion on the backing plates. Flex is offering a free replacement BP for the red one that comes with it. The free replacement one is basically the same size but is black in color. The 5" black BPs are optional as far as I know, and it doesn`t sound like there are too many of them around from what I discussed with Powerhouse Dist. here in the U.S. Going forward, there will also be a 5.5" BP available that will be black as well. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what Dave at Powerhouse told me, the 5" black velcro BP is currently the free replacement plate for the 6" red velcro plate. I did indeed receive a 5" black velcro BP from Powerhouse the day after receiving my Flex. So, I don`t think a 6" black velcro plate is being offered anymore.

The new 5.5" plate is enroute to Powerhouse, but I didn`t get the impression that it would be the free replacement plate. I could be wrong.

I might be getting the Flex from a dealer in Singapore. It comes with the red 6" BP, but the dealer does not even know anything about the new 5" black replacement BP.

Allan, I`m not sure if your Singapore dealer is as familiar with the issue on the red BP as Flex in the US is. You may want to have him contact Flex and provide the details of what you know. It may just be a matter of educating the Singapore dealer you`re working with.
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Allan. Just want to check with you, how much is the Flex XC 3401 VRG ( plus the 5" and 5.5" black backing pad costs over there at SG? I`m from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and if the price is right, I do not mind taking the bus to SG and pick it up. Can you furnish me the full address of where this Flex machine can be bought?

`\r\n\r\nI might be getting the Flex from a dealer in Singapore. It comes with the red 6\" BP, but the dealer does not even know anything about the new 5\" black replacement BP. He says if I want the black BP he may need to order it from Germany and charge me for shipping (and perhaps for the BP too) :nervous: \r\n\r\nIs Flex sending out the black BP\`s for free to all those with red factory BP? What should I do? I dont mind paying for the black 5\" BP, but just wanted to clarify wether its supposed to be a free replacement or not. :think:`

Post Thanks / Like
    Flex users, a question. Can this machine be used to remove both medium swirls, water etch etc and still be used for final polishing work ( follow up to remove any micro marring, haze etc ) and then used to apply LSP?

This machine can actually remove what type of swirls, etch etc? Those really deep ones that one would whip out the rotary and a really strong compound in an instant?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information