The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Klasse AIO or 4 Star UPC before 4 Star UPP?

Klasse AIO/UPP has been my favorite combination fo about 3 years, but I have a question.
    Would the durability be longer if I were to use UPC prior to the UPP?
    Since I usually apply more UPP each month, durability has never been a problem or even a concern, but....
    If AIO leaves some acrylic protection, does that protection compromise the ability of UPP to bond to the paint?
    On my vehicles the cleaning and oxidation removal qualities of Klasse AIO aren`t really necessary. I`m just looking for a good base for the UPP. Possibly the UPC would be the better choice.:dunno

There will probably be several different opinions on this and I would like to hear some of them.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse AIO or 4 Star UPC before 4 Star UPP?

I`ve never noticed a durability difference simply because I`ve never waited 3 months between coats. As my AIO supply has dwindled I have switched to using other products as bases. I have found personally, that the appearance of UPP or WG is better when you use their brand pre-cleaner first. It may be a trick of the light or something like that, but it was enough of a difference that now I only use AIO as a base for carnaubas when a client doesn`t want a sealant. I still use it for really dagnasty oxidation too, but I`m exploring other products as solutions there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Its my belief, the more sterile the surface, the better adhesion and possibly LSP durability. Ive always had a thing about putting a sealant/cleaner, below another type of sealant. I always go with a polish prior to a sealant, matter of fact, AIO is no longer in my arsenal, period. I dont like multi purpose products to begin with.
    When it`s you car, every detail matters...........

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Its my belief, the more sterile the surface, the better adhesion and possibly LSP durability. Ive always had a thing about putting a sealant/cleaner, below another type of sealant. I always go with a polish prior to a sealant, matter of fact, AIO is no longer in my arsenal, period. I dont like multi purpose products to begin with.
    Hey now! I appreciated your comments until the "AIO is no longer in my arsenal, period" statement. Blasphemy, absolute blasphemy.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I always polish first too, but I use a paint cleaner to remove any fillers or oils that the polishing left behind. I feel that is the best thing to do prior to laying down a sealant. I don`t look of AIO as any kind of combo product. I never use it for anything other than paint cleaning. I don`t buy it that it has any protection qualities to it. I don`t think it looks good all by itself and I don`t think it protects well. To me using AIO all by itself is like using alcohol on a wound and then not wraping it afterwards. You gotta put down some protection if you want your paint cleaning to be worth anything. Anyway, that is just my opinion. Its worth it to me to know there aren`t any oils or fillers and what I`m looking at is what the paint actually looks like. I hate hiding defects with oils and junk like that. I`d prefer the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

AIO is a great quick fix for those who dont like spending alot of time detailing. Anthony, Charles dont get me wrong, its an excellent product, its just not for me. Im more along the lines of single product, single purpose. If the surface doesnt need polishing (seldom for me) I would opt for just a cleaner like UPC. If its needs polishing, USMR, or PB`s, then UPC. I just dont need AIO as a cleaner. UPC leaves a squeeky clean, non oiled surface which fits right up my alley!
    When it`s you car, every detail matters...........

Post Thanks / Like

From time to time I use UPC with UPP. I REALLY like UPC -very high gloss and works very well with UPP. I`m like some others and typically don`t have products on long enough to give a valid measure of durability. We use this combo on my neighbors burgundy Chevy mini van and it looks killer (for a van).

Post Thanks / Like

UPC seems to leave a brighter, clearer finish than AIO, however I think AIO has a little better cleaning properties.
    A little off topic but My favorite under UPP is Poorboys SSR 1.
    Have gotten the same durability out of all three combinations.
    Just my opinion:-)
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Thread Information