Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Frosty, I tried. Thank yoy again for all the info/input you have given me up to this point

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttrow
    Had a reply from them this morning. It was, they do not stock Flex. I`m done. It is going to be a UDM for me.
    Sigh. I thought you said you can wait. Give it a deep breath and let me pickup mine to make sure everything went smooth and it will take you just 5 minutes once I feel I can refer business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zoran,

Waiting is not the issue. It`s the run around up to this point, that was the issue. Trust me I think I would prefer the Flex over the UDM but lke I posted earlier if I can`t find a dealer willing to take my money, what happens if there is an issue of any kind. At least I know if I had an issue with the UDM it would be taken care of. I`m hoping not to have an issue with either one or I wouldn`t buy them but you never know. Thanks again.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting is not the issue. It`s the run around up to this point, that was the issue. Trust me I think I would prefer the Flex over the UDM but lke I posted earlier if I can`t find a dealer willing to take my money, what happens if there is an issue of any kind.
    Fact that you had problem looking for dealers in general does not mean you would have problem in case of issue, far from it.

First, in case of issue I would be talking directly to manufacturer, not dealer. Such things are handled by customer service and technical service and you will find they are not as lost as receptionists and sales reps tend to be.

Second, as I said, I did not have problem finding dealers. I called Flex, told them exactly what I want (phone numbers of their three biggest distributors and number of distributor that that is biggest volume mover of this tool), called around to get best pricing/delivery terms, and placed an order, and that was it. 15 minutes total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    Fact that you had problem looking for dealers in general does not mean you would have problem in case of issue, far from it.

First, in case of issue I would be talking directly to manufacturer, not dealer. Such things are handled by customer service and technical service and you will find they are not as lost as receptionists and sales reps tend to be.

Second, as I said, I did not have problem finding dealers. I called Flex, told them exactly what I want (phone numbers of their three biggest distributors and number of distributor that that is biggest volume mover of this tool), called around to get best pricing/delivery terms, and placed an order, and that was it. 15 minutes total.

This is like beating a dead horse. I`m done talking about this. All this back and forth does is keep flex @ the top of the Machine Polishing forum and there are plenty of other machines and acc. to talk about. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is like beating a dead horse.
    I thought it was called a discussion? :nixweiss

All this ... does is keep flex @ the top of the Machine Polishing forum and there are plenty of other machines and acc. to talk about.
    :spit: :think: :nixweiss :ignore

Post Thanks / Like
    I like having discussions because I learn quite a bit by having them. I just got done reading your sears/levi scenario and have learned from that discussion that we disagree. Nothing wrong with that but we do. If Levi the mfg gave me a phone number where I could buy their product and when I called that number was given another number to call that would not be the first persons I called issue that woul be the Levi`s issue for giving me a bad number in the first place. When you get your Flex please let us all know, me included what a superior machine it truly is. I will be in the garage polishing something with my UDM or even Cyclo for that matter as long as I can see thru the tears of not getting a Flex.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you get your Flex please let us all know, me included what a superior machine it truly is. I will be in the garage polishing something with my UDM or even Cyclo for that matter as long as I can see thru the tears of not getting a Flex.
    You are not turning into bitter h8r now just because you could not handle incompetent workers at resellers, are you? Is that inability Flex` fault too?

Don`t jump to assumption you will be polishing with UDM you don`t have yet, first make sure phone call will go through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange you had an issue. I called the main number, they gave me the East Coast salesperson who then gave me numbers of two D/Cs in the PA area. Called them, by EOD they called back with pricing of $320 w/shipping and $300 w/o shipping respectively. Oh well, I guess this portion of the thread is getting old, just waiting for other reviews before I pull the trigger.

Zoran - hope the g/f is good and hope in the next week or two can read your review!!

Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan
    Strange you had an issue. I called the main number, they gave me the East Coast salesperson who then gave me numbers of two D/Cs in the PA area. Called them, by EOD they called back with pricing of $320 w/shipping and $300 w/o shipping respectively. Oh well, I guess this portion of the thread is getting old, just waiting for other reviews before I pull the trigger.

Zoran - hope the g/f is good and hope in the next week or two can read your review!!

Howard

Howard,

Could you please post (or PM) me the name and # of where you placed your order. I am also in the PA/NJ area and am interested in the Flex but would like to avoid all the cloak and dagger/ running around. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hehe, yeah, my first post. But have been looking for a while. Not a pro but just a novice with a bit of OCD!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan
    Howard, thank you for asking and wishes. G/f will be cool, thank God it is not anything some work and time will not resolve, it is a child custody thing compunded with need to look for new place to live, all on short notice, so I am trying to help her in dealing with that and this of course takes priority. Trust me, I am very eager myself to try it out but first things first so we can all sleep peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    Howard, Could you please post (or PM) me the name and # of where you placed your order. I am also in the PA/NJ area and am interested in the Flex but would like to avoid all the cloak and dagger/ running around.
    Anthony, I got notice of attempted delivery today so I should be having tool in my hands tonight if they take it off the truck for same day will call like I requested. If everything turns out OK I should be posting my distributor`s contact info before end of weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and best of luck with you and your girls` situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    You are not turning into bitter h8r now just because you could not handle incompetent workers at resellers, are you? Is that inability Flex` fault too?

Don`t jump to assumption you will be polishing with UDM you don`t have yet, first make sure phone call will go through.

I`m going to buy 2 UDM`s, one for each hand. Not a hater.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to buy 2 UDM`s, one for each hand.
    You da man! :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Zoran. I`ll get done twice as fast now.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information