Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Detailer`s Pride Final Finishing Polish

Continuing on with my weekend of review posts…..

Sorry about not having any pics, my camera acted funny at times, leaving me with some bad pictures.

Product: Detailer’s Pride Final Finishing Polish (FFP)

Packaging: Packaged in a white 8 ounce bottle with a wrap-around type label. Nothing flashy, but the label states what the product is and contains directions and warnings and so forth. The dispenser cap on the sample 8 ounce bottles are nice.

Price: $14.95 USD for 16 ounces of product. That’s $.93 USD per ounce. There’s a bulk size as well that’s $26.95 USD for 32 ounces of MSE. That makes it $.84 per ounce.

Directions: Nowhere on the label did it state to shake the polish. I think as with all polishes, you should keep it well shaken. They state to use a cutting or light cut pad with a machine polisher, not to exceed 4,500 RPM. This is another problem I have with the directions (this has already been pointed out by HollandPatrick). Also, the product can be applied by hand. They state when the polish begins to dry, you should stop and remove the residue using a MF towel. Always finish with a wax or sealant.

Cautions, Hints, etc: Standard caution about being harmful if swallowed and avoiding contact with eyes. Also, there is a statement about the mfg not being liable for misuse. There’s a quick intro to the product explaining how diminishing abrasives work.

Product: The Final Finishing Polish is a creme colored polish. In using it, I don’t think it is abrasive at all. I will probably use it more as a chemical cleaner polish. It has a chemical smell.

Usage: I used an Edge polish (blue) pad for the FFP as well as some sections by hand just to try it out. By hand, it applied very easily. By PC, it applied easy and spread pretty far. I think the only “bite” it had as far as any type of swirl removal would be the pad. For reference I used an Edge polish (blue) pad.

I liked the ease of use of this product, although in some places removal of residue was a little more work than others. I think this would be a good polish to use inbetween full detail to remove wax or old sealant and get a fresh start. I also think it made a good base for the DP sealant and cleaned the back glass (for test purposes) very well. It removed some water spotting on the glass and left a nice clean look.

Click here to read more about FFP or to buy some from Autogeek!!!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Detailer`s Pride Final Finishing Polish

Nice write up (all three of them)! I have a few samples sitting on the shelf but haven`t had time to try them out. It`s good to hear the positive feedback. I read on another forum that the DP polishes were made specifically for a DA polisher. I don`t know if this is true or not -but they seem to work well.

In terms of ease of use and performance, and value how would you compare the DP line to Poorboys, Menzerna, 3M, etc....?

I`m pretty set on polishes that I like to use..... Menzerna, Optimum, Klasse and Poorboys seem to cover all of my needs for most any make of car that I run across.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only really give a fair comparison to the Poorboy`s line versus the DP line.... So far I think the DP polishes are every bit as good as the PB`s. Easy to use & good results.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to try the FFP with a rotary this coming week. I will probably use a green polishing pad though!
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like

Used the FFP yesterday on a good conditioned Audi. My results were pretty similar to Jared`s. The instructions were a little weird, but polish is very user friendly. Applies over panel with ease depending on product. I found it is a very very light polish, perhaps around ssr1 or less, depending how your working the speed. At first 4.5 didn`t seem enough, so I went up to 5 then 6. 5 Was best, but it depends on how you go over the panel. You can see the clarity and smoothness of the panel after. One bad sign was gumming. I was spot polishing a door ledge @ 6.

It`s a very nice polish that you should use before PSS. I definitely want to use it more!

Thread Information