Post Thanks / Like

Post Product Review: Meguiar`s Water Magnet Drying Towel

I came across some of the new Meguiar’s Gold Class products this weekend. A lot of nice, new stuff and it all looked very good. I broke down and purchased a Water Magnet Drying Towel.

Product: Meguiar’s Water Magnet Drying Towel (22” x 30”)

Packaging: The new Meg’s packaging on the Gold Class items are attractive. Most of the packaging allows you to feel the product before you purchase. That’s nice in a way, but it does allow for the actual item to pick up trash during transit and while it’s sitting on the shelf. Also, you can never tell just who’s had their hands on it…. The Water Magnet was packaged in a carboard wrapper, which left a little of the towel exposed.

Price: $9.99 USD for the towel, making it comparable to other drying towels in price.

Directions: There’s no directions on proper usage of the towel, but there are some tips on how to use it. Don’t use it to clean doorjambs, etc. Nothing too specific.

Cautions, Hints, etc: Same as above. A couple of tips on how to use and care for the towel. There’s a picture of hands wringing the towel, although no mention is made on the packaging that you can wring the towel out and continue using it.

Product: The Water Magnet is a 22” x 30” waffle weaved micro fiber towel. It is 80% polyester and 20% polyamide with a 100% polyester edge sewn around it. The tag is easily removed, and it states to remove the tag before use. Made in China.

Usage: The first thing I did wash wash the towel. I ran it in the dryer for 20 minutes on the lowest heat setting and then let it air dry. After a thorough wash, I flood rinsed the vehicle. I used the water magnet to remove most of the water left on the vehicle by spreading it on the surface and letting it absorb the water. I followed this up with the Big Blue drying towel and Adam’s Detail Spray.

The Water Magnet took away most of the water from my vehicle. I did not try to wring it out and continue using it. It performed the task I wanted to use it for just fine, and in all honesty could have been used to dry a little more before it was saturated. I think this is a very good drying towel even though I am not really a fan of the “waffle weave” type towels. It is a very good over-the-counter alternative to drying tools such as the Absorber and the Water Blade. I think it is far less likely to mar the finish than the other OTC drying tools out there.

Does the Product do What the Mfg Claims? : Yes, the Water Magnet will dry a normal sized vehicle with far less chance for marring than other “accepted” drying methods.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

I'm back YIPEE Refreshed! The Chee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Product Review: Meguiar`s Water Magnet Drying Towel

Cheers Jared for taking the time to write the review, it does look interesting and reasonably priced just under a tenner, cheaper than most wwmfs :hippi
    A man has got to recognize his limitations, and then learn how to adapt within those confines. Then go out and conquer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Meguiar`s Water Magnet Drying Towel

I picked one up recently @ Pep Boys for $6.95.

and Megs new MF towel, gold color for 3.95.

At these prices you can`t go wrong !

Thread Information