Post Thanks / Like

Massive DP Product Review!

First off I would like to thank Max and the wonderful people at Autogeek, Mike and Jason especially for their role here at DC, for giving out free samples of their new line of DP products. Also, I would like to thank Dwayne and PAC for passing out the samples to a few fortunate of us here about two weeks ago. In all Dwayne sent seven products to me including the Auto Bath Shampoo, Super Swirl Eliminator, Mild Swirl Eliminator, Final Finishing Polish, Premium Surface Shield, Spray Surface Shield, and Final Gloss Booster. Well, the rain finally subsided here in the Northeast and I had a chance to give the products a shot. The products I used today in order to review were the Auto Bath, Super//Final Polishes, Premium Surface Shield, and the Final Gloss Booster. Here goes . . .
    Naturally I started with the Auto Bath Shampoo putting about 2 ounces into a bucket and filling with about 2 gallons of water. Suds were plentiful but not overwhelming and they lasted throughout the entire wash. Lubricity was right up there with some of the better washes that I have used; if the smell and color were different I would swear I was using Adams Car Wash. Cleaning ability was also an improvement over the old version of the car wash as was the finish left behind; this is truly a nice wash. The very strong points of this product lay in first its fragrance, which I found to be the best smelling wash that I have come across yet, just a clean and fresh smell that was very pleasant. The second strong point would be the value of the Auto Bath, at $25 a gallon you’ll get about 60-75 washes because you always use more than one ounce of shampoo regardless of the directions. As a fan of value shampoos I use 4* Car Wash Conc. ($15/gallon) often and this may very well be a contender next time I need to place an order just because of the slightly better cleaning ability and wonderful smell. Polishes next . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Massive DP Product Review!

Next up was the Super Swirl Eliminator. Normally I use the rotary with all of my details but I decided to go with the PC because 95% of the people who see this will be using the PC. Pad selection was a 7.5” Lake Country VC Light Cutting pad (orange). To be completely honest I was actually expecting to be disappointed by the performance of the polishes due to my past experiences with the Pinnacle line of polishes. I applied two 5” lines of polish and worked in on 3 for about 5 seconds and then cranked up to 6 until the product began to dust. While working with all of the polishes there is no pleasant aroma, just that of chemicals but I am used to it after using Menzerna so often. The pictures below (2 and 3) show the reduction in swirls after using the SSE polish. The SSE was also successful at removing some light scratches from a rock, metal pole, and dog. If I had to guess I would say this polish is just a bit more aggressive as SSR2.5 and DACP. After using the polish for a bit I was really impressed with the finish it left and how user friendly it was, a major problem with the Pinnacle line. The only negative was some dusting but it was nothing to get bent out of shape about since it was actually less than most others leave. The other gripe I have is not with the product but with the people at Autogeek who lead you to believe this is not a “sun friendly” polish, which it is! I was curious as to how the polish would work in the sun so I decided to go for it and was wowed; there was no difference, almost like they took a page from Steve’s book. I actually think this product will be very unfairly underrated due to the popularity of many other polishes out there and the buzz that the Pinnacle polishes were somewhat dismal. I hate to make comparisons to other products but the DP line is about as user friendly and easy to use as the Poorboys line and I would encourage some members to give the DP line a shot. Final Polish coming . . .

The Final Finishing Polish was applied by PC as well with a LC VC white polishing pad at speed 5. Warning: do not use this like a polish! I went to apply my standard 2 5” lines and this stuff spread like crazy! The 2 lines were enough to 75% of the hood of the car. FFP smells like the rest of the polishes but also works nicely. Cleaning ability is just a bit less aggressive than FPII from my initial run with the product, just about on par with VM so it is pretty low. The finish left behind was also a nice surprise as I would rate this up there with the final polishes from Menzerna and Sonus. There was no dusting of any kind after working in the FFP and removal of the dry polish was a breeze. I also found this to be sun friendly since half the vehicle was in the sun and there was no discernable difference when using in the sun. All I can say is that this is another product from the DP line and will probably go underrated but is actually a really nice product to work with. On to the Premium Surface Shield and Final Gloss Booster . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I chose to apply the Premium Surface Shield to the whole vehicle, let sit for an hour, and spit shine with the Final Gloss Booster. I applied with a foam applicator and removed with a Pakshak Ultra Fine MF. While using both products there was a pleasant aroma, the PSS smells of banana or baking banana bread and the FGB smells like coconuts, very reminiscent of Crystal Mist which is my favorite. I feel the pictures speak for themselves but the finish left behind after this process was really nice. The paint looked very wet and deep, pretty close to Wolfgang sealant. The best part was undoubtedly the slickness of the vehicle after removal, this stuff is slick! Watch out UPP! The only negative I can really find was that the flake was not jumping as much as it could have been but that may have been the spit shining with carnauba muting the sealant a bit. These products are also some really nice products from the DP line and I really like the finish they left behind. Give these a shot.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Great Great Review! Looks Great!

Greg

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MS22
    . . . I started with the Auto Bath Shampoo ...Cleaning ability was also an improvement over the old version of the car wash as was the finish left behind; . . .
    I opted to buy the older version of the Detailer`s Pride shampoo. Can you expand further on what you found lacking in the cleaning ability of the older version? And what about the "finish left behind"?

Quote Originally Posted by MS22
    . . .As a fan of value shampoos I use 4* Car Wash Conc. ($15/gallon) often and this may very well be a contender next time I need to place an order just because of the slightly better cleaning ability and wonderful smell. . . .
    I also have the 4* wash, how would you compare/contrast the older version of the Detailer`s Pride wash?

Have you not used the DP Spray Surface Shield? I purchased it and the Optimum Car Wax for comparison purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Clean,
    I found the newer version of the auto wash to work better than the last one in terms of cleaning capability. I was a large user of the older version as well but the newer DP Auto Bath removed dirt, grime, and bird bombs much easier than the older version. I dont know if there are more cleaners or better lubricity in the newer version but it is definately improved. As for the finish the vehicle had a nice clean glistening effect once it was dried. I know NXT has some shine enhancers in the soap itself and I found the Auto Bath to have a similar effect. The smell is completely different too, it actually smells good this time! Give this new version a try, I think you`ll notice an imporvement over the old formula. Finally, no I did not get a chance to give the spray version of the sealant a try yet. Hopefully by the end of the week I`ll have it and the Mild Swirl Eliminator tested.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Massive DP Product Review!

Great review! I have yet to test out the Surface Shield but now I can`t wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you`ll like the PSS, let me know your findings. Also, the 8oz. smaple is a ton of product, I used about one third of an ounce for the whole vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellant review and great job on the paint. Look forward to hearing about the Mild Swirl Eliminator.
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on using it tomorrow but Greg already did a review on it.

Boss_429

Excellent review and great work! That`s a

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a great writeup

Car looks great

Thread Information