Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I received several Zaino products to try a couple months ago from a fellow Autopian member who will remain nameless to prevent him from being hounded by others wanting to try Zaino. I wanted to try the products on as many different vehicles as possible and give enough time to at least have some idea of the durability.

Zaino All in One-I`ve been generally using it with either a black LC CCS finishing pad or white Edge Cyclo finishing pads. Very mild cut but it does a good job cleaning the paint, leaves a carnauba-like shine, more similar in appearance to Vanilla Moose than to Klasse AIO. Leaves the finish very slick so LSPs glide on easily. My understanding is it can be used as a one step but as of yet, I haven`t used it as one. What I really like about it though, is that I can follow with Z5 and not have to mix it with ZFX, which was a major sticking point with me getting on board with Zaino. Now that I can use ZAIO and use Z5 straight from the bottle, it makes using Zaino easier.

Zaino Z-PC-Works well with either the Orange Edge Cyclo cutting pads, Green Edge Cyclo polishing pads or white LC polishing pads (PC). Decent cut (especially with the orange pads) and finishes down well. Some light dusting but no more than Menzerna. Honestly, Z-PC is very Menzerna-like. I was told there was a learning curve to using Z-PC by the person I got the products from but honestly, I am not sure what he meant because I jumped in with it immediataly and got good results. Finishes down LSP ready all but the softest paints.

Zaino Z8-A very good spray product. I am hesistant to call it a QD because it seems to have a positive effect on beading and slickness for 4-6 weeks. Definitely amps up the appearance of the paint when used.

Zaino Clear Seal-Basically, it does just what the name implies. It pretty much seals in the look you already have. Personally, I`d rather add another layer of Z5 or use Z8 to up the look but if you are happy with how your finish looks and want a very easy way to add some protection, Clear Seal works well.

For me, it works best via foam hand applicators and I work it in lightly. Should be dry and clear in less than a minute, if it takes longer or streaks, you are probably using too much.

Zaino Z5 Pro-Very nice sealant! Not quite like a carnauba in appearance but a huge step in the right direction. The look reminds me of NXT and Wolfgang (which is a good thing!) but durability seems to be better. I have the original Z5 and Z5 Pro definitely has a deeper look to it. Z5 Pro is a bit thicker though and not quite as easy to spread thin as the original version...but it is still pretty easy to use.

Zaino Z-6-Pretty good detail spray, nice slickness and adds gloss. Not in love with the cough syrup smell though.

Zaino Z-10-Now I know why everyone talks about the scent! Very nice leather smell. With the increasing popularity of ventilated seats, it would be nice if there was a more liquid version to go along with the current lotion consistancy of Z-10 to prevent clogging the holes in the seats. Starting on the non-ventilated areas first and then working towards the ventilated sections helps aleviate the problem (which isn`t just a Zaino thing, I have the same complaint about any cream leather conditioner). As a leather conditioner, scent aside, Z-10 seems equal to most other leather conditioners that cost less so I am not convinced the awesome scent alone is enough to make it worth it to me to buy again. Maybe if the scent lasted longer? :nixweiss

Here are some pics to go along with the reviews.

Z-8 over a 5 month old wax job:

Zaino All in One using a black LC CCS finishing pad, Z5 Pro by hand.

Optimum Polish using green Edge Cyclo polishing pads on the hood, Zaino AIO using white Edge Cyclo finishing pads on the whole car, sealed with Zaino Z5 Pro.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Man I wish you were in Ohio so I could use you to do my car. Your work is exemplary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad review. Good job. How about a picture of all those great Zaino products in a group shot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info!!

It want to try Z8, it seems like Meguiars new Ulitmate Detailer is similar. Prehapes this is the new way forward.

Just to check, could you use CS on its own straight after polishing say after SSR1 or OP? OR would i need need to throw something down first?

Thanks

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

How would you compare the look of z-5 pro to a JW AJT. I used to use z5 pro, but switched to a ton of products thanks to Autopia. What are your thoughts on the comparison of the two boutique lines (jw & zaino).
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review and pics. Makes me go...
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, thanks. I`m new to Zaino, myself, coming from AJ, et al. In a recent thread, I said I wasn`t happy with the results I got from CS over Z-AIO. It looked good but not great, and not as rich as AJ. Where was that Zaino glow I`ve heard about??

However, after two days, the look did change for the better, and I haven`t even used Z8 yet (just on one panel). The flake pop is better (it was poor after initial application) and there is definitely a glow going on - it looks good.

I do remember reading that Zaino looked better after a couple of days, but the amount of change really is surprising - and appreciated. I don`t think I need the darkening/richening effect of AJ now that Z-AIO/CS (and soon Z8) looks this sharp. The car is like a platinum silver. If it was a dark color, maybe Z5P should be included for added depth, but for light colors, I don`t think it`s needed.

So, for now, I`m sticking with Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    Scott,

How would you compare the look of z-5 pro to a JW AJT. I used to use z5 pro, but switched to a ton of products thanks to Autopia. What are your thoughts on the comparison of the two boutique lines (jw & zaino).

Please leave a very good and fair review of a product line where it is. There`re plenty of other threads for comparision.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a reason for my asking. He uses a lot of JW products.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent write-up Scott. Appreciate you taking the time for such a review.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also like to know Scott`s opinion of ZAIO/Z5 compared to Prime/AJ or AJT. I have found that over the year`s Scott`s professional viewpoint (obviously his work is as good as anyone) an unbiased opinion is usually better than any information I can get on any product.

I only wish I could get someone that good to work on my car every year or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, Honest writeup scott!

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review.

I noticed you did not review z2pro. I find z2pro adds the zaino glow I don`t really find with z5pro.

Can anyone comment on weather ZFX affects the appearance of Z5 or Z2? I have only used Z5 without ZFX and Z2 with ZFX, it`s tough for me to tell.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwind101
    Great info!!

It want to try Z8, it seems like Meguiars new Ulitmate Detailer is similar. Prehapes this is the new way forward.

Meguiars Ultimate Detailer has a somewhat more carnauba look than Z8 and only has a couple weeks of noticable beading improvement. Both are equally easy to use, Meguiars is a bit cheaper but you`d have to use it about twice as often to maintain the beading improvement. Pretty much a wash, I guess.

Just to check, could you use CS on its own straight after polishing say after SSR1 or OP? OR would i need need to throw something down first?

Thanks

Geoff

As far as I know, you can use CS over any non-oily polish or glaze.

joshtpa-I think Z5 Pro looks better on solid, dark colors than AJ but I prefer the look of AJ on metallics and lighter colors. Makes sense for me to have both on hand.

RobD-It could be you used too much product initially, because when I have used too much wax (for example), the look did improve over a day or two but when I used the correct amount, the look was there pretty much from the start. Of course, that is just an educated guess.

I didn`t notice much change with the appearance of Zaino from initial application to a few days later but I did note it holds its appearance for quite a while, much as Werkstatt does. To me, that indicates very good durability.

SHICKS-I had a sample of Z2 Pro a couple years ago when it first came out but only enough for a few cars. I like the look, it has excellent durability but I prefer Acrylic Jett or Opti-Seal.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott

2006 White Volvo S40

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information