Thread: Q.D.`s...?

help, I'm a rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Q.D.`s...?

Hi Everyone,

I`ve just recently started using a q.d. as a final step for dust removal (I know, I`m a little behind with new products ) and I`m curious as to what a q.d. is? It seems to even out the wax nicely and cut static. I love it. Right now I`m using the Mothers California Gold. My second question, is one as good as the other?

any info on either of these questions would be very helpful.

thanks,
    Sean
    "Making the streets a cleaner place to see"

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use Einman Fabrik (Pearl Gloss Enhancer?) on my waxed cars and Platinums QD on my poly coat cars, they are both great at what they do.

A QD (quick detail spray) usually just removes streaks, spots, things you missed, they give a little shine and some have wax in them to just to add a bit.
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Boss_429
    Dirty_South,

CompleteLook gave a good description of QD. Use it to remove light dust, light water spots, airborne contaminates, wax/polish residue, and generally get the finish back to that "just waxed" look.

For the most part, most QD`s are pretty good. However, some are better than others. As CompleteLook said, a few have a bit of carnauaba in them, and a few have a bit of polymer in them. The Mothers Showtime you are using is an very good QD, especially for the price. The Platinum QD is an excellent QD, especially when used with UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I myself like Eagle One Wipe and Shine I think it is great for the price Mothers QD is very good also. Clearkote quick shine is one of the best but it is expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

QD`s

I just purchased a gallon of this "Gloss Enhancer" this week, and I am happy to give a 4 star rating. Good QD+WOW what a polymer shine. Here is the link...

http://www.prowax.com/glossagent.shtml
    No buff to tuff

help, I'm a rock
    Post Thanks / Like
    C.D.,

Wow very cool. I have used the Pro line in the past and love it. Thanks for the link and the heads up!

Sean
    "Making the streets a cleaner place to see"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: QD`s

Originally posted by Clean Dean
    I just purchased a gallon of this "Gloss Enhancer" this week, and I am happy to give a 4 star rating. Good QD+WOW what a polymer shine. Here is the link...

http://www.prowax.com/glossagent.shtml
    Which one did you purchase?

Eric

Thread Information