Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I Need a New Wash Bucket

I`ve had the same one forever, its just an old rubber made with a single handle 2.5 to 3 gallon is my guess. I have worn a small hole in the bottom of it from moving around the cars and scrapping the cement

Anywho I want one that is two sided with a grit guard. I seen some here talk about Griots Garage, it looked expensive. I also do not want wheels or be able to remove them, I work in areas that are not always flat.

Its not that conldn`t find one on my own, just would like to hear what you DC people are using.

Thanks allot for your input.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Need a New Wash Bucket

I just use a cheap 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot/ Lowes. They are sturdy and won`t break easily... I think you can get them for about $3/each and I have about 3 or 4 of them for different uses like storage and washing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, except I insist on white only and I get them for no more than $3 and change from Wal-Mart. They are part of the multi bucket /foam gun wash set up.
    Also, you can get a rectangular shaped bucket that looks just the Griots from Home Depot for about $20. I have one of these too but it rarely sees use, maybe as soaking bucket for pads during a full detail.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I am like Bill, I use the white only. It allows me to gauge the "dirtiness" of the water. I like to keep my rinse bucket pretty clean, and it`s nice to be able to visibly see the contaminants that could be (and usually are) in your bucket.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

i like the blue ones from target...nice and big probally 5 gals or so...has a nice braket for a handle but cant seem to find anything to fit in it. nice plastic handle that dosnt dig in like those metal ones.

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

Wal-Mart has (had??) a red car wash bucket with a removeable grill a while back in the Automotive section, didn`t have wheels but it looked like it would serve its intended purpose well.

I don`t remember the price but it was less than $10 & I`d guess that it was at least a 5 to 8 gallon size bucket.

I can`t believe anyone would pay Griot`s price for the yellow bucket .... at the end of the day it`s still just a bucket.
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjrleague
    I just use a cheap 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot/ Lowes. They are sturdy and won`t break easily... I think you can get them for about $3/each and I have about 3 or 4 of them for different uses like storage and washing.
    This type of bucket is also what I use.
    A couple of side benefits:
    1. I have lids for mine so I would think lids would be available for any of them.
    2. They have a lip around the bottom of the bucket that would have to wear away before you could wear a hole in the bucket itself.

One negative(?):
    If you fill it pretty well up, you won`t be sliding it around, you will need to pick it up to move it. No real problem, but a different process than you are used to.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I use old 5 gal laundry detergent buckets that I rinse out really well. My mom gets these from Sam`s Club and they do a great job of holding water, the primary use of a bucket. I have so many now that I have extras for holding dirty MF`s, dirty pads, dirty applicators, and dirty terry cloths (I lay them under the edge of my car so that if I drop clay I don`t have to trash it). You can never have too many buckets, especially when those buckets nest inside each other.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    This type of bucket is also what I use.
    One negative(?):
    If you fill it pretty well up, you won`t be sliding it around, you will need to pick it up to move it. No real problem, but a different process than you are used to.

Yeah, I`m probably going to order bucket dollies from US Plastic to elminiate this issue.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Boss_429

I have a Meguiar`s bucket that was given to me as a present.

I also have a 5 gal red bucket that was included in a detailing evaluation kit.

I also have about 10 white 5 gal plaster buckets that a friend gave me a while back (for helping detail his chopper). He washed them out nicely when they were done using the plaster. So, I`ve got enough wash buckets to last me..................... forever!

To be honest, I like the white plaster buckets the best!

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use a white plaster bucket & I`ve also used a large cat litter bucket but my daughter bought me a RubberMaid bucket because the cat litter bucket "looked too ghetto".

Kids .........

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_429
    I also have about 10 white 5 gal plaster buckets that a friend gave me a while back (for helping detail his chopper). He washed them out nicely when they were done using the plaster. So, I`ve got enough wash buckets to last me..................... forever!

To be honest, I like the white plaster buckets the best!
    Interesting. My white plastic buckets once contained a product called Floor-Stone. It was a powderd quick set concrete product used for leveling concrete floors. They were given to me by a friend probably at least 15 years ago. 10 may not last you forever, but it might be close.

charles

Post Thanks / Like

This one? I saw it once at Walmart and then nothing. They are $15 online.

Quote Originally Posted by NYV6Coupe
    Wal-Mart has (had??) a red car wash bucket with a removeable grill a while back in the Automotive section, didn`t have wheels but it looked like it would serve its intended purpose well.

I don`t remember the price but it was less than $10 & I`d guess that it was at least a 5 to 8 gallon size bucket.

I can`t believe anyone would pay Griot`s price for the yellow bucket .... at the end of the day it`s still just a bucket.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Cooookie, um num num num mr2man's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still use the huge, white, industrial waste carrier looking, bucket Ive had forever. It wont wear out and it has served me well. I also have several smaller white buckets for tire/wheel well duty and other things.
    D is for Detail.....thats good enough for me! :headbang

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pt91
    This one? I saw it once at Walmart and then nothing. They are $15 online.
    That`s the bucket I saw at Wal-Mart. They only had two & they were in a close-out area so the price was less than the $15 on-line price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information