Post Thanks / Like

Lets Hear Your Detail Process!

Lets here your full detail process (ie. wash, clay, cleanse, polish, wax, etc). Include which products you use please! :jump

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lets Hear Your Detail Process!

This is my full process pretty much. I don`t know how much more `detailed` I can be, but I`m trying. I`m writing seperate articles for each step in case anyone wanted clarification or more detailed info. Those sub sections will probably replace the full guide once I get them all done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyp
    Lets here your full detail process (ie. wash, clay, cleanse, polish, wax, etc). Include which products you use please! :jump
    That`s an awfully broad request..... Maybe a more specific question about certain aspects of the detailing process might be more helpful. If you really want answers to that broad of a question I would have to suggest (and I really hate to say it...) the search button and lots of reading.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    That`s an awfully broad request..... Maybe a more specific question about certain aspects of the detailing process might be more helpful. If you really want answers to that broad of a question I would have to suggest (and I really hate to say it...) the search button and lots of reading.

LOL That is exactly how my detailing article got started. Someone asked this exact same question and I decided to take the time to write my answer out once and for all. The question was asked on a board where searching wouldn`t have yeilded the answer, so writing it out was the best solution. Its much easier to just link somebody than write out the 5720 words that my answer happens to be. :paper :paper :paper :paper :paper :paper :paper :paper :paper

If I only had more time.
    Post Thanks / Like

:yeah

Read his post, it`s good, then you can break down individual questions from there.

Post Thanks / Like

mkaes since if u`re trying to find a good time affording way to complete a detail. like doing something else while something is doing something. lol..

i always do the interior after the wash so the sun can dry a lot of the cracks out.

i also work on trim, wheel wells, tires, windows, misc while i let the wax haze...

maybe everyone should post little orders in which they detail. im still trying to finsh a detail under 5 hours. so far. shortest time has been 5 and a half hours

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got wholesale details down to 3hrs. I start by degreasing the engine/doors all at the same time. Then I spray down the wheels with cleaner, wash the car, clean the wheels, rinse/clay/dry.
    For the interior, I start by vacuuming. Then I clean the vinyl and spray cleaner on the carpet. Windows are next. Then I go back and shampoo the carpets. Dress vinyl, do the seats and I`m done.
    Exterior for a wholesale is buff with a rotory and blue pad once. I`ve been using 3M Machine Glaze for that and it does a good job of filling cobwebs. Then I wax with whatever I feel like, hit the outside windows and I`m done.

Customer details run anywhere from 4-6hrs depending on how many steps for the exterior. Cleaning steps are the same but I`m much more meticulous.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Thread Information