Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Difference between Souveran products?

I have heard and seen the greatness of souveran wax but i was wondering what the difference with Pinnacle`s Liquid Souveran and their paste wax is. Why is the Liquid Souveran cheaper than the Paste Souveran? and what is there paste glaz wax? thx

Andrew

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between Souveran products?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcbho
    I have heard and seen the greatness of souveran wax but i was wondering what the difference with Pinnacle`s Liquid Souveran and their paste wax is. Why is the Liquid Souveran cheaper than the Paste Souveran? and what is there paste glaz wax? thx

Andrew
    Actually, I have no idea, but.....
    Recently I read where a paste carnauba wax usually contains much more of the carnauba than a liquid. Close to twice as much.
    If that is the case, it would explain at least part of the cost difference.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Paste Glaz is a wax which is "opposite" Souveran. Souveran is touted highly for dark colored vehicles whereas Paste Glaz was the wax for light or metallic vehicles. Paste Glaz has since been replaced by something else. Paste Glaz also leaves a very slick finish. Just what little bit of info I know.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

thx so much for the quick replies guys. no wonder the paste souveran is so much more expensive...but can you see the difference when it is applied? do you think is it worth the extra money? it seems like most of the people on this board buy the paste wax

Post Thanks / Like

The Liquid would be more durable as well, compared to the Paste.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

thx so much for the quick replies guys. no wonder the paste souveran is so much more expensive...but can you see the difference when it is applied? do you think is it worth the extra money? it seems like most of the people on this board buy the paste wax
    While Souveran is too expensive for me, I don`t remember ever reading a post where a Souveran user had anything but good things to say about the stuff. They seemed to have no regrets about paying the price.
    As far as durability between liquid and paste, I guess I would have thought the paste might last longer.:dunno
    Anyway, chances are that anyone that is enough of a car crazy to pop for the Souveran will apply it often enough that durability won`t be a big concern.

Charles

Boss_429

Well, here`s my take on it...

I think every detailing enthusiast should give Souveran paste a try at least once. Provided that he or she can afford it. I think it is truly a fine product when it comes to looks! Especially on dark colors....... others may disagree. Those who never try it..... will never know.

As for carnauba content, it would depend on which liquid is being compared to which paste. Some paste waxes have a higher carnauba content than liquids made by the same company. I would suspect (but don`t know for sure) that is true in the case of Souveran paste/liquid. However, I believe a product like Meguiar`s #26 has the same carnauba content in both the paste and liquid.

In addition, I`ve never seen any "factual data" to conclude that a liquid is more durable than a paste, or visa-versa. I would suspect that it would be difficult to verify, especially given the possible differences defined above.

Like a lot of people, I have my opinion, but really can`t back it up with any facts.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, according to Pinnacle, Liquid Souveran has some polymers, so I would say it will last longer than the paste. I`ve heard alot of people say that the paste only lasts about 2 weeks. I have never tried either product (I do have a sample of LS though), so I cannot say first hand.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

Heres my Black Z06 with Souveran Paste Wax, I think its well worth the money

Post Thanks / Like

Classic Motoring Accessories - Detailing Newsletter No. 37
    Terry Freiberg:

Q: What happened to Pinnacle Paste Glaz for light color vehicles?

A: When I launched Pinnacle in 1992, I started with Souveran Paste Wax for dark color vehicles and Paste Glaz Paste Wax for light color vehicles. In layman`s terms, Paste Glaze contained a high polymer content for a brighter shine which compliments light colors while Souveran used wetting oils to increase the carnauba`s natural jetting factor or darkening characteristic. Over time we found that we could put more polymers in a liquid product. The amount of wax in Paste Glaz was actually inhibiting the amount of shine we could produce. Liquid Souveran was introduced to compliment white, silver, grey, beige, light yellow and light blue finishes. It contains a base of Brazilian Ivory Carnauba for transparency but is packed with highly reflective, crystalline polymers.

Liquid Souveran produces a mirror-like shine that can be layered in multiple coats without any discoloration or yellowing. In 2004, we retired Paste Glaz Paste Wax as Liquid Souveran really surpassed it in shine.

Q: Do you recommend Souveran Paste Wax is for dark color vehicles and Liquid Souveran is for light color finishes?

A: That was my intent but there are no absolutes in judging shine because it is a personal preference. If you have a black car and like a bright shine, then Liquid Souveran is the right wax for you. There is no "right" or "best" wax. Only by trying different waxes on your vehicle will you be able to decide what looks best to you.
    Hope that helps! You can probably find it on the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ
    Heres my Black Z06 with Souveran Paste Wax, I think its well worth the money

Post Thanks / Like

My personal experience is that Liquid Souveran is very durable. It easily lasts three months. But, there`s nothing like that shine of the paste....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianshaeffer
    My personal experience is that Liquid Souveran is very durable. It easily lasts three months. But, there`s nothing like that shine of the paste....
    Can you apply a paste Carnuba on top of Liquid Souveran?

Post Thanks / Like

That`s what I`ve been doing. There`s some discussion on the Pinnacle site about using the liquid over the paste, but I prefer the other way around. Pinnacle claims that the liquid Souveran has more polymers, so I`ve considered using the paste over the liquid similar to topping a sealant with a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianshaeffer
    That`s what I`ve been doing. There`s some discussion on the Pinnacle site about using the liquid over the paste, but I prefer the other way around. Pinnacle claims that the liquid Souveran has more polymers, so I`ve considered using the paste over the liquid similar to topping a sealant with a carnauba.
    Kind of what I was thinking. Liquid souveran also contain petroleum distillate and polymers. Seems like using multi coats of it would dissolve the previous application. A pure carnuba wax topping shouldn`t bother it. While Liq Souv has a carnuba base, IMO it appears to act more as a sealent.

I was thinking about an application of Klasse AIO, then Liq Souv, then a pure carnuba top. Any problems with this combination?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information