Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know on a few other forums they do the reviews this way instead of a review tool. I have decided this was a system I liked more and therefore thought I would give it a shot and see how people like it. I wrote a review on nother foum and decided to add it here to share with more people, so please enjoy

So recently I have been on a zymol kick, i really want to try it because I love to try new things and its a brand I haven’t used yet. I bought Zymol Carbon from my local BMW dealership. I also have a jar of Concours coming so I will have to review that. I know its expensive but that will be delt with in the review. So here we go.

ORIGINAL THOUGHTS: I though it was kina pricey at 72 bucks but hey why not? Also I thought it had a cool packing I don’t know why but it almost looked space age, more to come on this

Manufacturing claims Zymöl waxes are actually "zymes" that turn into wax when exposed to air during application on your paint surface. Carbon Wax - our `entry level` hand-crafted wax is suitable for all paint types and is for medium to darker coloured cars. Contains 37% Brazilian No. 1 Yellow Carnauba by volume.

Cost It cost me $72.08can for an 8oz jar with tax, that works out to $9.01 and oz (8 oz jar)

Competitors I would say the competitors to this wax would have to be sovereign, Victoria wax, and p21s (all concours waxes)

Packaging It came in a cool package, it was clear with blue wax, the top was a big lid with a dimple in it, it almost had a space age/space ship look to it. i thought it was a neat look package esspically with the silver labelling. It was nothing extra ant but it really looked good with the blue wax as a back round

Smell It has a cool smell not sure what it was but it was very fruity and nice smelling, i really liked it. I don’t know hit my senses well

Looks It looked like a very smooth blue solid, but the look isn’t a big one for me, its just die in the end

Texture Once I opened the jar i started to wax, and wow this wax is really hard. I’m not sure if its due to a high carnauba (or so they say) or if its just what they were going for but it seemed hard for a wax, it was nice didn’t smudge and smooch under my fingers.

[B ]Directions for use[/b] Wash and dry the car using Zymöl Clear Auto Bathe.

HD-Cleanse the surface to assure 100% wax bonding.

Using the Zymöl Wax Applicator, apply a very small amount of wax onto a 2ft x 2ft surface in an even coat with side-to-side motions.

Using a Zymöl Microwipe, with light pressure, slowly wipe the wax in the opposite direction once, assuming a uniform coverage. Wait for 20 - 30 seconds. With medium pressure, slowly rub the surface to set.

Turn your Microwipe and, with medium pressure slowly rub the surface to set and crystallize the wax to a deep shine. Let the wax cure for 30 - 45 minutes.

Actual use I washed, clayed, and applied a coat of Klasse all in one then topped with the zymol carbon. I did not use the cleanse like they say because I was cheap this trip and didn’t feel like buying it (it is costly) however it is coming on my order with the concours so we will see how it goes when i have it. It seamed easy to apply and easy to come off, it is a wax on wax off wax which is all I seem to use these days so it was apply, let stand and then wipe off. Very easy to use and very user friendly. I have no problems getting it on or off. And I did not apply by hand but opted to use a foam applicator pad. This product was also applied to black vehicle fro customers so I don’t have any pictures, I do however train with one of the owners so I will be able to check out durability.

Appearance WOW the cars looked awesome, i honestly thought it looked shinier and deeper then any wax I have tried. It looked better then sovereign, I loved it. It left a very very shiny deep look that was very rewarding. I know when the guy picked up his envoy he used the car as a mirror it looked so good. Also as a test poured some water on the car and it sheeted right off. I didn’t even have to dry it (but I still did) I don’t know how the being is however. I would have to say give this wax a chance, it worked well and I liked it better then sov.

Overall thoughts I LOVED this wax, i cant wait to get my concours and give it a shot regardless of price. I found Zymol Carbon easy to use and very nice to work with. The wax did an amazing job of making the paint look deep, wet and shiny. I also would say it is worth the price, it may be expensive but its defiantly worth it no question. I think this may become one of my main waxes along with sov and Victoria wax. Would say give it a shot, instead of ordering one of the other expensive waxes next go around give zymol Carbon a try. I know they have a bad wrap but I enjoyed using this product and thought it did a great job

Thank you for reading my novel lol. I hope I remembered everything, if not I will add it in a response post. Asps any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated Thank you

-Michael Alexander

p.s. It seemed hard to make an order of th EG in canada so I contacted zymol to get the canadian web sit so anyone intrested here it is

http://zdocn.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Michael...Carbon is the one zymol wax that I wanted to try so thanks for the thorough review. Would you be able to digress slightly about the application and removal of the wax:

Do you feel that PC application is possible?

Is the wax purely a WOWO product - does allowing it to set/dry make removal harder or easier?

Last but not least, what color is your Bimmer (assuming you had one since you bought the wax at a dealership)?

Sorry for the 50 questions...Thanks again...MCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review......and the complimentary rude line applies here too... :showpics

j/k...good review!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok i dont owne a bimmer iit was a 2 grand out of my proce range so i coouldnt get one. I used it one a black envoy and a black lincon ls. Both turned out awsome (i have pics on my other comp ill get them e-mailed from my partner to this comp so i can share them with you) and i would say you could probley apply the wax with a pc i guees, it would have to be done like any other paste waxand this is somthing i have yet to try (i enjoy waxing by hand) and yes its a WOWO wax, i dont know if you have used one but i find them uch quicker and eiser to use. I hope this helped and i love question so keep em comming

Post Thanks / Like
    These pics were taken at the persons house after it has been driven home, there not the greatest but they still turned out alright. Trustme the car did look even shinier in person
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the last few, sorry i dont know hwo to use photo bucket and forums so i had to atach them this way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    That Lincoln looks really nice!

Good review, may just have to consider trying it when my Souveran runs out.

BTW, you can uploads pics into your free autopia gallery and insert them into threas using [img] tags.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    that car looks great, i might have to try it instead of getting souveran next time since zymol carbon might be locally available in my area as well...As of right now, im hooked up duragloss.. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I used carbon on a car I had for 2-3 years and concours on a bike I had. Its great stuff IF you garage or frequently re-apply. The stuff gets slaughtered in the elements though. The one advantage I feel it gives is it keeps the paint soft and is great for a garage queen.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the detail came out nice. The first pic showed a very nice range image!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just grabbed a pot of Carbon myself as my current pot of Souveran was getting lowish and this in the UK works out at only a little bit more expensive. Looking forward to trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some too. However, havenot tried it yet as Zymol ital, concours, destiny, and atlantique are all being used . Great reviews though about carbon, as I trust opinions of calgarydetail and lbls1.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Thnkx, I still love the carbon, looks ncie and leaves a good shine. I did the detail 2 weeks ago on the envoy(same days as the lincon requested no pics) and it still looks shiney shiney shiney. I go to Taekwon-Do with the owner so i ge to see it 4 days a week, and its still looking good and apprenlty still slick as ice. Im waiting for for the concours commning, there was a 2 week back order so it should be here very very soon. :woohoo: I will make sure to review it similar to the carbon. I also plan on trying some other zymol products as I am in the proccess of opening a shop and am always looking for somthing better for my customers. Well thats all I have to say about that

lol weell thnkx for listening to my random thoughts

:sadwavey:

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the Carbon and Japon. Both looked good, but there is something majicial about PS and "MY CAR"..... Don`t know what it is but PS,,,,WOW !!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait until you`ve tried Concours....you`ll see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information