Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New EX - Awesome

I bought the new formula EX from Steve. Did the trunk of the Mach, but of course, the batteries were dead in the camera. By the time they were charged, the same storm that blew Dorothy out of Kansas hit LI so I had to throw the cover back on.

All I can say is:

WOW!!!!!

Thinner, easier to apply, looks deeper to me and feels as slick as UPP when finished. I am really blown away. If anyone uses EX or even is thinking of it, get it...you will not be disappointed.

I will post pics when the weather cooperates....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New EX - Awesome

Another quality product from Steve!! I`m looking forward to the pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

nton Grrr! Steve was suppose to release it later! Hmmm more to grab

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Craig, you have metallic in your paint ..correct? I was wondering how the non-yellow version would look and a darker color with metallic...I tried it on Black and as much as it was similar to your experience it doesn`t seem to hide the imperfections that the yellow version did:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Boss_429

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Craig, you have metallic in your paint ..correct? I was wondering how the non-yellow version would look and a darker color with metallic...I tried it on Black and as much as it was similar to your experience it doesn`t seem to hide the imperfections that the yellow version did:dunno
    Hmmmm....... interesting! I actually prefer a product that "doesn`t" hide swirls and such! The new "non-yellow" EX may be something I have to look into.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craigster
    By the time they were charged, the same storm that blew Dorothy out of Kansas hit LI so I had to throw the cover back on.

I will post pics when the weather cooperates....
    Hey Craigster: us Mach owners in Totoland will always send you our current weather by the next afternoon LOL. Drop a line the day before you want to wax the Mach...I`ll let you know what your weather will be J/K.

Send Dorothy back will ya...Toto misses her.

BTW: gonna be mid-70`s today & tomorrow..spring storms by Wed.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm...new EX, eh? First EX-P and now EX. It sounds like the new versions of both flavors are thinner. Several have mentioned "easier to use". Easier on? Easier off? Any visual differences? I know it`s early for durability comments on EX, but what about EX-P(+)? Steve, would you care to weigh in with your thoughts when you went to your chemist to discuss changes?

I have the older version of both products, and am quite happy. But....could I be happier? :wow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Hmmmmm...new EX, eh? First EX-P and now EX. It sounds like the new versions of both flavors are thinner. Several have mentioned "easier to use". Easier on? Easier off? Any visual differences? I know it`s early for durability comments on EX, but what about EX-P(+)? Steve, would you care to weigh in with your thoughts when you went to your chemist to discuss changes?

I have the older version of both products, and am quite happy. But....could I be happier? :wow
    I do my best to listen to the current users and their wants and needs. It was clear that some people had trouble with the thick creamy formulas, especially by hand, and that was an easy fix by thinning it out. Upgrading the formulas can be thanked mostly by companies like BASF whose motto is " We don`t make ____ we make it better" ....the raw material suppliers offer my chemist better chemicals and without hesitation he buys them. One thing which makes my chemist and i get along so well is that we both only want the best available for our products. The newer chemicals are clearly slicker, glossier, and easier to use, if possible:naughty, and best of all are VOC compliant
    The version that Craigster is talking about in this thread, was actually a mistake which will be corrected in the next couple weeks. The chemist after adding the canauba followed the mixture for EX-P , thus the white with coconut scent. This batch will be returned to the factory pretty soon and replaced with the yellow and banana scent:hippi

Post Thanks / Like

"They put the white with the coconut and called the doctor, woke him up...."

Bad joke....I cant sing either...

Acutally Steve, the paint on the Mach is not metallic. My Malibu Maxx is dark blue metallic, though and shows just about everything. It is a little beat up from the winter since it is my daily driver. I`ll hit a panel with the white EX and post a pic for you during the week. There is enough marring that you will be able to see if it has any hiding ability.

I`ll get them up here for you ASAP.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I do my best to listen to the current users and their wants and needs.
    Which is quite possibly why you are a favored vendor. Well that and you provide quality products.

It was clear that some people had trouble with the thick creamy formulas, especially by hand,...
    I`m not counted in those numbers. I apply both EX and EX-P by hand (though most of my experience is with EX) and have found that if you keep your applicator dampened it is relatively easy to apply and do so with thin coats.

...and that was an easy fix by thinning it out.
    Of course, who can argue with easier :cool

...the raw material suppliers offer my chemist better chemicals and without hesitation he buys them.
    And better is always better

... One thing which makes my chemist and i get along so well is that we both only want the best available for our products. The newer chemicals are clearly slicker, glossier, and easier to use, if possible:naughty, and best of all are VOC compliant
    Resulting in a win-win situation.

Steve, thanks again for taking the time to provide the commentary. And of course, keep up the good work.

Members of the community: Isn`t it great to be able to get information like this first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

But I liked the Butta colored EX..... The smell is awesome.
    It looks sooooo good on my Nighthawk Black Honda.

I guess I`d better stock up now.

I`m sure the new product will be Killer like all of your other products.

Thanks STEVE....

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few, as promised......

The only thing nicer than the sunrise in the EX, is Steve`s family getting to see many, many more together...

In the mist of all you`ve been through...you still work tirelessly to bring us products and assistance to help us achieve results like this. The world would be a better place if there were more "Steve`s" in it....

Thanks again for the new products!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Craig...you are too kind

those shots are absolutely gorgous :eek...please forward them to me for our gallery

Post Thanks / Like

STEVE: WHAT AM I GONNA DO with 20 ounces left of EX?

:lol

Welp, another product goes on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, is this EX+?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information