Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As most of you know, I`m a mobile detailer so I get lots of vehicles to try products out on. I`ve mainly worked with Meguiar`s due to the ease of use and it`s well known. I recently ordered the 900-1-Car Kare Kit and have just finish using each product at least 5 times.

Here`s my review of each...

118SC Car Wash

Works awesome.

Not a high-sudsing formula but it`s cleaning ability is amazing. Very,very concentrated making it a value point for me. Works well on brake dust and bugs.

121 Ultimate Cleaner

This is one versitile product.

It`s concentrated formula gives it multi-tasks properties.

10:1 is good for everyday cleaning like plastic and vinyl and cloth interiors. I even used it on leather. 4:1 really cleaned tires well. Has pleasant scent and bacteria killing attributes.

303 Glaze

This one stumped me at first.

"A glaze with cut?"

Yep....sure is. Does well at removing and filling light to moderate imperfections. One note though; a little goes a long way.

2180 Ultra Seal

I used this on my personal work truck 3 months ago. Still beading....tightly. Very easy to apply and remove and once again, a little goes long way.

Will stain a white pad though. Highly durable and give decent shine.

108 Top Kote

I also use this on my truck. The anti-static statements made are true. Dust is repeled well. Works well on leather, vinyl, and plastic. Give a nice new look to tires...not glossy but new. Doesn`t take much either. Has a neutral scent. Make sure you clean the surface before use to remove all other chemical used before.

425 Ultra Slick Poly Wipe Spray Detailer

Work wonderfull between washes. Not really a cleaning Quick Detailer. This is one you want to use after a wash. Give that just waxed slickness to the paint. Has anti-static properties that DO work. I can see it`s affect on glass as well. Aweson on LCD and regular television screens.

2685 Pink Wax

A little harder to remove than others and smell chemically but well worth the results!

Goes on so smoother with a foam applicator. Glides on. You only need a little once your pad is primed. I`ve only put this wax on by hand. You may want to buff off with a PC and bonnet. Give lots of depth and glow. Metallics pop. Used it on my wife`s van and got 3 months durability this summer in GA.

I will using this product line up exclusively in business. Value and performance helped my make this decision.

Future products to use and review are:

Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner

221-D

Ultimate Wheel Cleaner / Degreaser

Poly-Wash & Wax Concentrate - Anti-Static

Ultra All-In-One - Cleaner • Polish • Sealant

Post Thanks / Like
    Its all excellent Stuff, and I know you will enjoy it!! I pulled out the pink wax after a couple months of seeing darkness and it looked excellent as usual!

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Its all excellent Stuff, and I know you will enjoy it!! I pulled out the pink wax after a couple months of seeing darkness and it looked excellent as usual!

Greg

Have you used any of their swirl removers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up Justin... :2thumbs: I know that you used to be an exclusive Megs user. You must be pretty impressed with the products to switch over to FK1 for your business.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice wrtie up

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    So your tunring in the megs and XMT line and going exclusively to FK1? Never seen anyone mention the swirl removers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    So your tunring in the megs and XMT line and going exclusively to FK1? Never seen anyone mention the swirl removers

Yeah I`ll be fazing them out. Nothing wrong with them....I just want to focus on one lineup for everything I use in my biz. Every manufacturer is different and I had to learn how to reuse products all the time. This will also alow me to control my company`s spending too.

4.99 flat rate shipping is a major plus!

Post Thanks / Like
    So far, I`ve used the car wash, Top Kote, and 425 and it`s some very good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    flat rate shipping from the manufacturer site? I might have to order this sample kit just to give it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm

4.99 shipping for any amount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing that deters me about most of the products is they say don`t use in direct sunlight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    Only thing that deters me about most of the products is they say don`t use in direct sunlight
    I haven`t tried them in the sun yet

Good point though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe you can use 2180 in sun?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was trying out 215 just the other day.

My car was parked in the sun before i started work. i drove it back in the shade and i waited for it to cool down a little before i get it on.

the panel was still a bit warm when i apply 215 by PC. waited for a few minute... tried remove by hand... It was Impossible!!! then i use my PC on it with some QD. still some area was PITA!!!

i`ve tried 216, pink wax, 2180 when the car is cooled. no prob, easy on easy off after waiting for a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ABS
    I was trying out 215 just the other day.

My car was parked in the sun before i started work. i drove it back in the shade and i waited for it to cool down a little before i get it on.

the panel was still a bit warm when i apply 215 by PC. waited for a few minute... tried remove by hand... It was Impossible!!! then i use my PC on it with some QD. still some area was PITA!!!

i`ve tried 216, pink wax, 2180 when the car is cooled. no prob, easy on easy off after waiting for a few minutes.

2180 is the only fk product I apply in the sun safely with a pc. Unless of course you wipe on wipe off immediately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information