Thread: upp slickness

Post Thanks / Like

upp slickness

hi How long does upp`s slickness last for you guys? Mine lasted about 2 washes :dunno (combo was AIO+UPPx2, 24 hours apart). I know its supposed to last longer than that..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: upp slickness

It lasts about a month for me not that the protection is gone but the slickness just diappears it still beads/sheets the same. Just follow up with a quick detailer after each wash if your not putting more coats on.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the loss of slickness is determined by the brand and amount of car wash shampoo used. I have had the best results with Poorboys Super Suds and 4* Ultimate Car Shampoo and using less than the recommended amount. That said, I always follow up with a QD after a wash ... If I want to apply another coat of UPP,I use UGE ... If I want to just restore the shine, Adams Detail Spray or Poorboys Spray and Gloss.
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimwallace
    Some of the loss of slickness is determined by the brand and amount of car wash shampoo used. I have had the best results with Poorboys Super Suds and 4* Ultimate Car Shampoo and using less than the recommended amount. That said, I always follow up with a QD after a wash ... If I want to apply another coat of UPP,I use UGE ... If I want to just restore the shine, Adams Detail Spray or Poorboys Spray and Gloss.
    I couldn`t have said it better myself. Sometimes the loss of slickness is actually the result of soap residue that didn`t rinse completely. Using a quick detail spray after the wash and dry process helps to remove any traces of soap residue and also help to restore the slickness of the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kimwallace
    Yup. :yeah

I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

After washing my Mom`s Taurus this weekend, I`d say it lasts 4 months at least....and that`s through a salty WNY winter with only about 5-6 washes. I did UPP/Insulator Wax back in November. It`s still somewhat slick and beads nicely.

For compairason, I used SG/Collinite Double Coat on my Dad`s Mountaineer at the same time and the UPP/IW held up better.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like

i spray and wipe my car the day after i did my 3rd coat of upp and followed with adams DS and i noticed a lot of the initail slickness was gone. still pretty smooth tho.

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten a year of slickness from three coats of UPP. The car is parked outside during the day and garage kept at night. The motorcycle was ridden about 2k last year, parked in the garage, covered when not ridden for a period of time and the surface are still slick. Both are washed weekly. This probably the exception and not the rule.

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?
    Done, or Done right? You decide.
    Score early, Score often.
    You can not win from the penalty box.
    You can not score from the penalty box.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

A few things come to mind in reading this thread.
    1. The cleaner/prep product may have something to do with the slickness/longevity. Better prep, better bonding, better lasting.
    2. The wash product and procedure, including drying, may have more to do with it than most people realize.
    3. Regular use of 4 Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer may help.

For me, the slickness never seems to be gone, but it rarely, (more like never), goes longer than 30 to 45 days without another application, even in the winter. I use AIO for a prep, UGE for a quick detailer, Spray & Wipe to wash in the winter, (after washing the heavy crud off in the DIY wash), and Meg`s Gold Class shampoo in the summer. When mixing shampoo solution, I tend to go pretty light. Probably no more than 2 oz. in 3 to 4 gallons of water.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I should try UGE I actually tested it twice (last week and the week before that) just to make sure and it had the same result :dunno maybe its our weather or something. I wash with spray and wipe, nxt and follow up with a qd (eo wws)
    But I must say that even if the slickness doesn`t last for me.. It`s still my #1 I love it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Been hearing about Pinnacle`s Paste Glaz improves the slickness.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803/Alpine MRP-F306/Crossfire TEK 35.2/Stock Speakers/JL Audio 10W3D2
    MODS: 31" BFG AT/KO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Been hearing about Pinnacle`s Paste Glaz improves the slickness.
    I`ve topped UPP with Paste Glaz, and while I won`t say that improved slickness, I can vouch for the fact that it did not take away from the slickness. Just my 2/100ths.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information