Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not going to be all fancy with thise review so sorry in advance for anything I forget to include:

Packaging: Product comes in 64 oz container, I split into 4 oz ketchup style bottle purchased at local distributor. Also available in 16oz bottle at ADS

Product/Application: Purple liquid, very easy to spread even easier to remove. I have been applying the product to the whole vehcle wait about 10-15 minutes then spritz Aquawax or Z8 when removing. (Note: Aquawax is not needed to aid in removal, I just do it to give the paint a little extra pop)

Price: $34.99 for 64 oz

$15.99 for 16 oz

Prices come from ADS

Looks: M21 definately seems to darken the paint, leaves a wet, crystal clear reflective look behind - - So far I have used this product on a Black Vette and White Excursion - - The owner typically uses Zaino and asked what I have been using on his vehicles and I told him M21 and he said he loves the look. He said his white excursion has never looked better. When I delivered his vehicle it looked very wet, had great reflections. I couldn`t have been happier with the results.

Thoughts: I have used Zaino, played around with a sample of AJ Trigger, OCW, and Aquawax. The M21 is hard to beat, it has great durability, awesome looks...at a great price. For how many vehicles I can do with the 128 oz I have...I will be using M21 for a long time, and Im looking forward to it! I know this product has been around since 04` but I just wanted to share with others my experience because I think alot of detailers would love using this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pic and lets see a pic of the white excirsion LOL.

Seriously though I have been thinking of going with the same combo 21 and aquawax then using duragloss car wash or Meg`s #00 hi-tech car wash.

I am going to use Zaino ,Meg`s 21 + aquawax, lastly Duragloss 105 and aquawax.

mongo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mongo: I will be working on his Ford Galaxy either this Saturday or next week so while I am there I will take a few pictures. My camera has been out of action since my girlfriend is borrowing my memory card. They`re taking the Excursion to a horse show tomorrow so I might have to do a little wipe-down before I take the pics for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Er...how can you attribute those appearance/durability qualities to M21 when you typically remove it with Z8 or AW which have some pretty significant appearance/durability qualities of their own?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Mini Review Joshua,

i too enjoy using M21 but only for darker colors plus you cant beat the price when you buy in bulk...the only thing i dont like is when in full sun it can be hard to remove but nothing final inspection or last touch can remove but then again most wax/sealant will do that...also another is stain pads but that no biggie for me either...love the look...black is definately one of my fav color and its rewarding....i often wonder if adding mutliple layers will increase the shine but i have no time for that regardless it looks good with one or two coats....
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review, I`ll definitely pick some up. That Vette looks a mile deep and very dark, which is IMO the perfect look on black.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true point SetecAstronomy....But even alone I bet many users of 21 will vouch for the durability and look. If anything then, M21 is a *great* base sealant for vehicles, on the black vette I could easily see what M21 was adding when I split a panel half and half...try it yourself and you can definately see the darkening effect/wetness M21 has without any spray sealant added. It`s like night and day with M21 on the paint. Sorry if I flawed my review by using the spray sealants as well....My bad

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a small test with M21 on my light colored car and was unimpressed with the slickness or durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use #21 over AIO on my black 03 toyota echo and I love the look and the slickness really lasts

I find my self touching it to feel the slickness

and it removes so easy
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty pumped about trying it on my Black Magnum this weekend! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used M21 and have been impressed with the appearance and the slickness. I used it on my silver car and so far it has all the traits I like in a sealant, very wet, reflective, and slick. It reminded me of the appearance I got once when I topped NXT with Souveran. I got very good durability and found it was very easy to use - easy on, easy off. As with a lot of sealants it looks better after it`s had a chance to cure.

The only problems I had with M21 was with the product "sweating" when heavy pressure was applied during application. I had little beads of water separate from the product, which were easy to re-incorporate but needed to be addressed immediately; once they dried they took a little extra elbow grease to buff out. I have learned that this was due to a faulty batch which has since been corrected. BTW, if anyone else experienced this problem you can call Meguiar`s customer service for an exchange.

Meguiar`s now offers a 16 oz. size if the 64 oz. is a bit more sealant than you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by atticdog
    I use #21 over AIO on my black 03 toyota echo and I love the look and the slickness really lasts

I find my self touching it to feel the slickness

and it removes so easy

LOL, I did that too. Then I`d have to go over the spot with a QD because I was afraid of smudges. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I did a small test with M21 on my light colored car and was unimpressed with the slickness or durability.

That`s amazing to me--I have seen solid 5 months from #21 before I applied anything else. #21 was still going and sheeting water *very* well when I stripped it and started over. This was on a daily driven car, stored in garage in the day, outside at night.

How were you judging the durability? It begins to sheet (as opposed to beading)after the first week--for me anyways.

#21 is a stellar sealant in terms of looks and durability *for me.*
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it as well. Nice depth on silver.

Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see others are enjoying #21 as well. I will be using it on a 28 foot camper next week after using Meguairs One step compound for RVs/Boats.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Didn`t know this product was so popular already as I haven`t seen it in many people`s click and brags.

SpoiledMan: Great picture! Thats exactly how the Excursion came out as well...Hope to get the pics up soon!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information