Post Thanks / Like

Help, 1st car wash on new car, window disaster

Hi,

I just washed my new car for the first time, the previous times I let the car wash people do it and came out nice.

I made the mistake of washing it in the morning and sun came out, car dried quickly, leaving some water marks, especially on the window, not so much the paint I`m guess because it has wax already. but it is annoying on the windows, I tried using the chemical guys glass cleaner with microfiber towel but I still see water marks, and now it looks like there are some micro scratches on the window and mirrors?!

Can anyone help? What should I do next? I looked into this product on amazon called "Driven Extreme Duty Glass Cleaner" but I read a review on there that it causes micro-scratches on his windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help, 1st car wash on new car, window disaster

Need pictures, then we can recommend a solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that you purchase some Duragloss 755. It is a a product called Nu Glass. It has very fine abrasives and chemicals that will remove water etchings without scratching your glass. I would also recommend that when you wash your vehicle in the future to try to always do it in the shade and to make sure that you dry it immediately to prevent the water spotting that you are dealing with.

Post Thanks / Like

If they are fresh, a product like Duraglass Water Spot Remover may work. It is like the old vinegar trick (mixture of water and vinegar) for dissolving minerals. The next step up would be something like Nu Glass, DP Glass Restorer, Mothers Water Spot Remover, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

If the water spots are that hard to remove, then I would assume that they have already been there. Most new cars are pretty hammered at dealerships... sitting outside in the weather, being washed by a shop broom and a guy getting min. wage, etc...

There are a lot of good recommendations to remove them already, so I`ll leave that part to our excellent forum members.

Congrats on the new car!

Post Thanks / Like

the car was in the showroom all the time. but yea i did not notice the little "scratches" until I personally washed it and then used the chemical guys glass cleaner. i bought the duraglass one. here are a couple of pics of the mirrors for example. you only notice it when a light is shining upon it like at night when other car`s headlights are shining on you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butters149 View Post
    the car was in the showroom all the time. but yea i did not notice the little "scratches" until I personally washed it and then used the chemical guys glass cleaner. i bought the duraglass one. here are a couple of pics of the mirrors for example. you only notice it when a light is shining upon it like at night when other car`s headlights are shining on you.
    It had to get in there somehow, and I sure it was dealer shined before they brought it in. I also bet that it had been in the lot for a decent amout of time before it got to the showroom.

I am of the same thought as Todd, water spot etching doesn`t happen in a few hours. I can get lazy here in FL (note high mineral water, hot sun) and go back over car a day or two later and get em off.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i applied this nuglass wax, it really does remove the water spots on windows. question though. I notice when the sun is shining on the window I can see smear marks, how do I get rid of the smearing? I tried rubbing it really hard with a microfiber towel and also using glass cleaner.

Also can I use this on black plastic to remove water spots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by butters149 View Post
    ok so i applied this nuglass wax, it really does remove the water spots on windows. question though. I notice when the sun is shining on the window I can see smear marks, how do I get rid of the smearing? I tried rubbing it really hard with a microfiber towel and also using glass cleaner.

Also can I use this on black plastic to remove water spots?
    I`m sure "rubbing hard with a microfiber towel" is contributing to the mess. Also what "towel" are you using, is it a cheapy part nylon one? If so, Nylon is probably the problem. Also, is this towel brand new, or at least cleaned or some ol` thing you had lying around.

Post Thanks / Like

this was a new towel from harbor freights lol, so prolly cheap. i have the good ones from chemical guys but they all look and felt the same to me. anyways, its been on there for a few days now, what`s the best way to get it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Has this problem resolved yet?

Thread Information