Post Thanks / Like

Seeing wax on white?

Ive got a pearl white 2013 genesis coupe track and this is the first white car I have owned in about 10 years. I noticed this morning that when applying wax it is incredibly hard to see where I have already applied due to the wax being white. I used the new Meguiars white wax and topped with ex-p. just noticed it was hard to tell if I got all the spots, as my last few cars have been red, green, and blue. The only other car I maintain on the regular is my fiance`s Veloster and its a bright metallic blue so it is easy to tell.

Any tips or hints? I was thinking about picking up natty`s blue or red solely for ease of seeing it. (fine, fine, I wanted to try it too, everyone loves new toys lol).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeing wax on white?

ex-p
    blue
    red

and sunglasses

as far as seeing wax, tilt your head a little, and see if it look a little out of focus, or greasy
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeing wax on white?

Are you talking about seeing it during application? Remember that wax always works best when applied in thin coats, to the point it can be a little difficult to see it even on black! Whisper thin is the key word(s).

I usually apply wax by feel. When the applicator becomes a little sticky, I will usually apply more product to it. Another trick is to wipe the applicator over glass (like a window) in order to test if it is still dispensing product.

Thread Information