Post Thanks / Like

detailing outside

are there any issues with polishing and waxing outdoors? thinking no since a lot of you guys are mobile and can`t always be under cover for protection from the elements. i`m curious because i`d assume it isn`t ideal to polish and wax if dust and pollen may fall on the car, or am i just over-thinking things?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: detailing outside

There`s all kinds of issues with it. Products now days are much more forgiving than the old school stuff like 3M, but few product lines perform in the sun like they do indoors. That`s why so many of us mobile guys love Poorboys. Their entire product line is safe to use in direct sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

i wasn`t even thinking about the sun. i figured i would be doing details late afternoon when the sun goes down or when it`s cloudy (it`s just a hobby right now). that is a good point, though. any worries with dust getting on the car while polishing or is the main issue sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh in that case you`ll be fine. Dust isn`t really an issue unless you live on a gravel road or something like that. The sun is your enemy until it comes to checking your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mathematics View Post
    i wasn`t even thinking about the sun. i figured i would be doing details late afternoon when the sun goes down or when it`s cloudy (it`s just a hobby right now). that is a good point, though. any worries with dust getting on the car while polishing or is the main issue sunlight?
    i do most of my work in direct sunlight and dust is not really an issue. i play it safe and do one part of a panel at a time in order to make sure it is freshly wiped and clean just in case

i have had some issues with customer`s trees and had to move the vehicle`s but that is expected

most of all just try not to create more work for yourself, yeah of course doing it inside would be ideal but sometimes you cannot

and +1 on the poorboys- love it and fixing to order more
    (megs ultimate liquid or paste wax is also very good in the sun)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have a look at poorboys stuff. Havent really decided on what polish/compound to buy just yet. Sucks because there`s so many to choose from that its overwhelming.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 poorboys. I love their polish w/ sealant! And ex-p is really good too. Easy wipe off even on hot sunny days. I have a bottle of their pro polish and pro polish 2 as well, I`ve only had a chance to use the 2 and it worked well in direct sunlight. Eventually want to try the SSR stuff too

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys stuff is often overlooked, but it can hold its own with the best of them. I highly recommend Black Hole fot anyone with a dark colored vehicle. Best glaze on the market as far ad I`m concerned.

Thread Information