Post Thanks / Like

Polish fro metallic paint

Question regarding some first steps. Truck is about 1 month old and has no visible swirl marks. I plan on claying after washing and then adding a sealant. I keep reading that the sealant is not going to do anything other than protect the paint. I want the paint to shine. I have read numerous times that polish is what creates the shine. What kind of polish is the best for a white diamond tri coat paint for my silverado? Right now i have 4star UPP and collinite that i was going to apply but after reading more do i need a different polish before i seal and wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish fro metallic paint

Well first of all, sealants will absolutely produce a great shine. If your really looking for something over the top, apply your sealant, give it 24 hours, then top it with a carnuba wax. As far as polish goes, any good finishing polish should suit your needs just fine since you arent in need of an actual correction. My personal favorite is Menzerna Power Finish or Poorboys Pro Polish, both applied with a light polishing pad. If you do find some blemishes along the way, you can change up to a heavier pad and usually remove them with the same product. There are so many great products out there though that you really cant go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

If the paint is defect free a finishing polish or paint cleanser will be enough. A sealant will give you longer lasting protection then top it with a paste wax. If you do happen to find minor defects you can always use a glaze which will back fill minor imperfections and hide them. Just make sure you you use quality towels, shampoo and two bucket wash method and it will look good. Keep in mind the less you touch the truck the better the condition of the paint will remain.

Post Thanks / Like

no paint defects visible ? just hit with some blackfire gloss enhancing polish to prep the surface. it`s non abrasive and does a great job at cleaning and filling something you may have missed. bfwd and bfms are my favorite combinations, but your 4star sealant and collinite should look great and offer excellent protection and shine. post some pics when you finish.

Thread Information