Thread: Opinions wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Opinions wanted

Hello- on and off lurker here for years- but could use some guidance.

Got a new- used ride for the wife- Very clean and well maintained. Its a navy blue with some good flake. So I`m impatient and don`t have a lot of time to keep up with my cars routinely these days- so I toss on 3 coats of Danase wet glaze I`ve had on the shelf for two years and its amazing... I went to layer in with opti seal and my bottle leaked and was empty -. So I ordered a replacement but before I put it on- I wanted some others thoughts and recommendations on where I go from here?

while I enjoy the waxing/polishing, etc- I hate washing/drying and its horribly inconvenient at my house - ontop of hard well water... so I go to delta sonic and go touch less.

Is there a better option for longevity while still sealing in the magic of the danase? Its nasty here in the winters and my garage is full of construction mess so its going to sit outside for months - and I can tinker here and there but never with any predictability. I`d like to do it because i want to, not because i have to.

thanks...Dirk

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions wanted

Wow, that`s a blast from the past ( great product )! Just remember that glaze`s fills in minor imperfections and swirl marks on paint and they help create a liquid-wet appearance prior to using your carnauba wax. I recommend using something like Collinite Carnauba Paste Wax #915 or going with a sealant wax like Blackfire Wet Diamond.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW I still have some of it and RMG too.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t overlook Meguiar`s or Mother`s products, especially the OTC ones readily available to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I would do, given your unique and individual circumstance...

Stick with the DWG and Opti-Seal, since you enjoy that combination.

Also pick up some Optimum No Rinse with Carnauba as well as some Optimum Car Wax (spray).

The ONR+C will let you wash the car quickly, outside, and add protection as well. This will help lessen your distaste for washing, since it is unique and you are killing two birds with one stone.

Every several washes with Optimum Car Wax. This will work great in conjunction with the Opti Seal and ONR+C and add valuable protection (helping lock in the DWG) while extending the life of both the carnauba in ONR+C and the Opti-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Wow, that`s a blast from the past ( great product )! Just remember that glaze`s fills in minor imperfections and swirl marks on paint and they help create a liquid-wet appearance prior to using your carnauba wax. I recommend using something like Collinite Carnauba Paste Wax #915 or going with a sealant wax like Blackfire Wet Diamond.
    its as deep of a shine as i have ever seen. Wet diamond - will look into it- thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Here is what I would do, given your unique and individual circumstance...

Stick with the DWG and Opti-Seal, since you enjoy that combination.

Also pick up some Optimum No Rinse with Carnauba as well as some Optimum Car Wax (spray).

The ONR+C will let you wash the car quickly, outside, and add protection as well. This will help lessen your distaste for washing, since it is unique and you are killing two birds with one stone.

Every several washes with Optimum Car Wax. This will work great in conjunction with the Opti Seal and ONR+C and add valuable protection (helping lock in the DWG) while extending the life of both the carnauba in ONR+C and the Opti-Seal.
    Thats a solid recommendation... definitely something to look into further as it hits all my needs. Thank you.

any comparison to Dodo Juice red mist? I have some of that but never used it as I thought I remember it eats the optiseal.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Stick with the DWG and Opti-Seal

This ^

ONR+C is a great rinseless wash that leaves a nice finish behind. And OCW is a true spray wax that can last 2-3 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

This ^

ONR+C is a great rinseless wash that leaves a nice finish behind. And OCW is a true spray wax that can last 2-3 months.

Thread Information