Post Thanks / Like

Question/opinions?

Hey guys,

So I`ve been detailing for a while as a hobby, I haven`t got into paint correction very much an do everything by hand. I do plan on picking up a DA this spring/summer though. I`ve searched and researched on this site an figured out a few things but I figured I`d start a thread to get some more suggestions.

Anyways I`m fairly familiar with Meguiars products and I could get my black cougar to shine fairly nicely.

Now I have a silver Fusion Sport and I know I will never get it as reflective as the black paint but I do want it to be super clean and as shiny/reflective as possible.

Using the same products on my Fusion I could get it looking fairly good.

Products used: sonus sfx fine detailing clay
    Meguiars Show Car Glaze no.7
    Meguiars gold class wax

I`m thinking of switching it up to:
    Sonus SFX fine detailing clay
    Some type of cleaner
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal
    Some type of carbonara wax

I`m thinking of using the Meguiars hi-tech yellow wax #26 for wax. This is what I used on my Cougar and Fusion before.. It seemed to work well.

And I`m not too sure about which cleaner to use or if I need a glaze. I`m thinking of just using the #6 Glaze I used before since the paint is still new and in good condition. The Fusion is always in the garage.

Thoughts/opinions?

Or should I stick with what I have some in the past bc that`s as good as it will get?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question/opinions?

most cars have swirls or other paint defects, but they are difficult to remove by hand without a machine polisher. by hand, you really just go for reducing their appearance but still improving the overall appearance. megs mirror glaze #6 cleaner wax is a good one step by hand. megs mirror glaze #7 is a good filler for scratches but has no cleaning/polishing abilty like #6, and it does wash away after awhile if you don`t overcoat with a wax or sealant. megs #26 hi tech yellow wax is a good wax too but with no cleaning ability. bf gloss enhancing polish is a good choice in that it cleans and fills some scratches(but doesn`t correct defects). followed up with a good sealant or wax, it`s a good first step by hand. wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant or liquid seal are excellent products over a properly prepared surface. i personally use and like blackfire products. i like the new optimum opti-eraser clay sponge. when you drop it, simply rinse it off and keep on claying. drop a clay bar and it`s ready for the trash. no matter what you use, surface prep will make or break your results. when you get your machine polisher, you see huge gains in results, but till then shine on by hand my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know what you mean. I am fairly limited doing everything by hand, ill try using the #6 and look into black fire products.

Ill probably go with the following:
    Clay
    Meg`s 6
    Meg`s 7
    Sealer with WG or BF
    Meg`s hi-tech yellow 26
    Ill give it a proper detail and take out defects when I pick up a polisher but it`s not in my nature to wait lol. I`m going to try my best to do things by hand in the mean time.

Thanks a bunch!

Post Thanks / Like

i think most of us started detailing by hand and your rides look very nice. 100% better than most of the vehicles i see on the road for sure. shine on !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i think most of us started detailing by hand and your rides look very nice. 100% better than most of the vehicles i see on the road for sure. shine on !
    Thanks man!

Yeah I was always scared of using a DA before but I think I read enough how to`s and watched enough YouTube videos to try it out. Ill start using it with 0 abrasive polishes and pads with low speed until I`m comfortable with that and move up from there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you tried Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, you would like it. Very cool stuff.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I ended up ordering Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal as well as some other goodies!

I`m pretty excited to be honest lol.

Thread Information