Post Thanks / Like

3M VentureShield

I just picked up a MB C300. Was thinking about having a 3M VentureShield clear bra installed. How do you deal with them?
    Can you polish/wax over them?
    How do you keep from getting residue left along the edge?

Trying to decide if it is worth the it or not

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3M VentureShield

Congratulations on the Mercedes ! A very nice car !

I have had Ventureshield on my `09 Grand Cherokee since I bought it new in `09.
    It is a great product and has saved numerous rock chips in the entire front end and part way up the hood and front fenders of my Jeep.

You can polish it carefully like the paint, just do not use anything aggressive on it. You have to be careful, it is a vinyl material and therefore will not displace heat fast like a metal panel will.

As far as the edges - the clear bra is very thin, so there is less gunk that can get into the edge.

You just have to be very careful and make all wiping motions - away - from the edges as much as possible, so you are not moving stuff into the edges. If you do end up getting something into the edge, a small, thin, brush with medium to softer bristles can be used along the edge to move things out. Be careful here, you don`t want to further embed stuff and/or lift up the edge of the Bra breaking the seal.

Sometimes, a bead of 3/8" - 1/4" 3M fineline adhesive painters tape will help keep the edge clean, just mind how you apply it and just try to get the edge covered, so you can polish carefully along that line.

You can apply a wax, sealant, coating, etc., to the Clearbra with no problems as well.

Good luck !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

bought a mercedes use some years ago. after 6 years with a bra my wife and i peeled it off in 15 minutes and absolutely pristine. go for it. the 3 m bra is amazing. dan has the care of it nailed.

Post Thanks / Like

I instaled a combinatin of 3M scotchgualrd and venture shield on the same car becasue I did not want any seams. Here is the good bad and the ugly from my experience. Scotchruard, has a clear coat that I can correct. it also has orange peel just like a clear coat. The venture is perfectly flat (no orange peel) but it pits and stains like crazy. After 14 months I removed the venture shield and installed the top of the line self healing Xpel. Only on for a few months.

I would not go with venture shield if you have a detailers eye. As far as I am concerned it is a sacrificial layer. I chose not to warranty the venture as it performed so badly. I am a very picky person so I am sharing my experience, but take it as a picky person`s opinion. My biggest strength is I know my weaknesses.

Thread Information