Post Thanks / Like

Cobra and Lightning Detail Questions

I`ve been a member on autopia for a few years and got a lot of great knowledge from the forums. Mid-2011 I was in Iraq, awaiting to come home and spend at least 3 days detailing my Lightning. Got home ordered alot of items from here and loved the results. Prior to this I only had experience with Klasse AIO, Poorboys Natty Blue, and Zaino Z-2PRO. They were amazing, used it on my 1998 Supercharged SVT Contour, Toreador Red. The paint looked amazing and it lasted. Saw the reviews for the Poorboys products and went with that. Great results, not alot of money spent, and I still have product left over. I do all my detailing work by hand which I know is not the best but I can`t spend the money on a nice PC setup without being yelled at by the Fiancé. Now I need a little help with making a choice. I`ve got my Lightning and my father`s Cobra to get ready for the upcoming year. My Lightning is a daily driver while my father`s Cobra is the garage queen. I`ve compiled a list of products I`ll use on both vehicles. My question to y`all is this the "best" for color combinations I can use on these cars? BTW, the Fiancé got smart and gave me a 50$ gift card to Poorboys World for valentines. I LOVE the Black Hole and Natty`s Blue Paste Wax!
    2003 Sonic Blue Lightning

Not a up to date picture, close enough though.
    Product Line Up
    - Detailer`s Universal Detailing Clay & Lube Combo
    - Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    - ** Dodo Juice Blue Velvet PRO Hard Wax 30ml

2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra

Sadly, the best picture I have of her.
    * The only difference in product use will be below.*
    - **Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Car Wax 30ml

I will most likely use PB Black Hole and/or White Diamond before a show or meet. We already have convertible care covered.

Other odds and ends -

Black WOW Prepare to be WOWed Kit - 4 oz.
    Meguiars Plastic Care Kit
    CarPro FlyBy30 Windshield & Glass Coating Kit
    Chemical Guys Metal Shine Polish and Protection

I already have everything else, car wash, microfibers, tools, etc...

Is this a good lineup to use? If different products what would be replaced.

Products will be hand applied. I have a powerball for the metal but not worried about it, our exhaust and wheels are in good shape. I`ve skipped the under the hood portion as that is a entirely different beast with upgrading. Any help,tips, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cobra and Lightning Detail Questions

Sounds like a good plan. I like the way WG looks on the middle tones you have - a very wet looking finish.

I haven`t had great luck with Black Wow but, if it works for you, by all means.

Post Thanks / Like

a good dual action polisher will be the best investment you can make. applying by hand just can`t match the results of a properly machined finish. until then, do yourself a favor and check out these hand applicator pads. http://www.autopia-carcare.com/foam-...plicators.html . it`ll make life much easier and give you a better finish by hand. i love your rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Anymore thoughts? I already have CCS hand pads and love them. Possibility i`ll be getting a DA not sure yet.
    1998 SVT Contour T-Red - Vortech, Built Trans, Centerlines, Suspension - SOLD
    2003 SVT Lightning Sonic Blue - Modded
    2010 SVT Raptor Molten Orange - Stockish
    2013 SHO Taurus Red - Stockish - SOLD
    2015 Ford Edge White - Stock

North Carolina Air National Guard. Veteran

www.facebook.com/dukedetails

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me,,,,, I love the look of WGDPS, with Natty`s blue for dark, Natty`s REd for the yellow

Get sunglasses for the shine

Not a fan of black wow at all, and had problems with sweating with dodo, so I stay away
    (just my experience)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

i like the ccs hand pads too
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If it were me,,,,, I love the look of WGDPS, with Natty`s blue for dark, Natty`s REd for the yellow

Get sunglasses for the shine

Not a fan of black wow at all, and had problems with sweating with dodo, so I stay away
    (just my experience)
    Thanks! I`ve got a gift card for poorboy and both of those are on the list. What`s up with sweaty wax? Haven`t heard that term before.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by csvtjohnga View Post
    Thanks! I`ve got a gift card for poorboy and both of those are on the list. What`s up with sweaty wax? Haven`t heard that term before.

look here or ag, not sure which but I did a thread on it, but I had a problem with one of the dodo`s (supernatural) sweating and holagramming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by csvtjohnga View Post

and the natty`s red looks even better a day or two later than right after application.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

Applied M101, Pinnacle Advanced Finnishing Polish, WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 today with extreme ease with the Meguiars G110V2 I recieved as a gift. I started this process on the Cobra around 10AM this morning. The hardest part for the whole process was taking pictures, yellow paint does not like to be photographed. I can say the swirls have been removed and for the first time at this, i will not chase the " RIDS ". 12 HR cure on the sealant before the next coat is applied tomorrow and waxing wed with other exterior cleaning and interior cleaning.

Thanks to daveinsweethome and thanks to Merlin!

Thread Information